Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Are Orokin.

Cerenax

It was the first I noticed back when I saw the lore piece on the Anti-Moa:

"Does this look anything like you remember from the Orokin days?" I ask in a futile attempt to break the tension.

"That thing, yeah, we had ones that walked on two legs like that, but..." his finger stops its tapping and he takes a long look at the robot before continuing, "but... they were different."

"Don't you miss it?" I ask.

"What?" he says.

"You know, the empire?"

"I don't think about it," he's back to tapping on the nav console.

"What about your corpus, don't you miss them? Your father?" I say.

"Orokin didn't have parents like you do, it was done differently then."

Corpus are direct descendants of the orokin themselves, the very word corpus being an orokin word for family. I don't get why the community didn't make a big deal of it back then, or why it still doesn't seem to have quite fully acknowledged this yet.

Edited by lvl999ArchNecromancerIRL

It could also be interpreted that the man in the story, though obviously alive during the Orokin era, wasn't necessarily Orokin but rather lived amongst them (along with whatever other races/aliens). And, the Moa that he talked about owning may have just been a companion or bodyguard of sorts, potentially still 'property' of the Orokin (the movie I, Robot comes to mind).

Although...the last two lines seem pretty damning:

Edited by Ailith

It could also be interpreted that the man in the story, though obviously alive during the Orokin era, wasn't necessarily Orokin but rather lived amongst them (along with whatever other races/aliens). And, the Moa that he talked about owning may have just been a companion or bodyguard of sorts, potentially still 'property' of the Orokin (the movie I, Robot comes to mind).

Seems pretty unambiguous to me that he was an orokin.

*Picks up intercom microphone*

"Calling Morec0. Please head to this thread as soon as possible. Again, calling Morec0"

I'll sub for him~

We've discussed this before and we thought it was quite possible that the "father" was the one whose an Orokin~

However the Corpus back in the Orokin Empire means "Family"~ However they weren't blood related and they had really long life spans too.

The reason why the boy and his friend who built the robot are the only "kids" who are the same age after the Orokin Empire fell is because the "father/Orokin" decided to reproduce naturally and that's why they were born and why they were the same age~

The running theory is that the Orokin Emperors themselves were something, other than human.  But yes, the Corpus are directly descended from human subjects of the Orokin Empire.

Edited by Gelkor

We've also speculated that the Orokin machines were also called MOA since the father remembers them very well.

But MOA is an abbreviation for something else entirely~ We haven't guessed what it is yet but I bet that's the real name of the Orokin MOA.

Anyways the modern day Corpus is rather religious and adapted the name "Corpus" however it's strayed very far off from what the original "Corpus" were.

Corpus meaning a body of people together in the Orokin empire along with other Corpus as well~ But at best they were all human~

Now I am assuming since the Tenno killed the Orokins the remaining Corpus who fled the Empire swore vengeance against the Tenno along with the Grineer and went after them and died as well while the father chose to forget the past and move on which is how he survived along with a few others who chose to flee as well~ 

However the Grineer viewed this as treason and hunted down the sect that choose to runaway~ 

Eventually the new Corpus grew to rival even that of the Grineer~ o 3o

So it works like this~

The Grineer = The Worker Clones/Slaves~

The Corpus = The Civilians/Researches/Scientists/Immortals with long life spans or just regular humans too~

The Orokin = The Cold and Gold Emperors who ruled over them all~ Possibly beings possessing highly evolved technocyte which rendered them gold instead of a metallic color like Hayden and Nadia~

They were all part of the Empire~

Including us! The Tenno! Who were probably Corpus once but then we became rejects and outcasts do to our mutation in the Void~

A combination of out of control technocyte and the unchecked power of the void produced the first Tenno that our Warframes were modeled after~

I think the guy was just saved by a corpus ship and was talking to someone right after the fall of the orokin

I don't like how slow console players are with the lore.

But it's pretty clear that the Orokin had a kid for a first time in the normal way which would require a male and a female.

Those in a Corpus didn't have parents. They were all test tube babies.

All humans seem to descend from Orokin, Grineer too (as written in Lancer entry). I think that the sequence of events narrated in fusion MOA entry is a bit old, probably near the fall of Orokin empire.

It seems like the start of Grineer spread into the system. Also because Corpus merchant ships have not kind of defense (if not number itself). So I think 'that' Orokin-Corpus man is just one of the few survivors. I don't think there's a direct link between Corpus and Orokin (if not the fact that Corpus consider themselved their descendats): forms of life evolve, and Orokin descendats splitted into Corpus, Grineer, colonists and so on. That's what I think.

What I'm curious about is if the Twin Kweens were around when the Orokin where. They seem to be the source of the idea of 'Tenno Skoom'

(or that tenno are dangerous)

Can't remember what video it's from. I'll link it when I find it. But it was the one where Vor talks to them, and they insist on killing them before they awake, and that Vor shouldn't study them. "Kill these eggs before they hatch"

Found it.

Edited by Censium