Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expand Frame Options Greatly With Chroma Inspired Energy Fusing

Wotca

Good day folks. 

Chroma's concept revolves around changing energy colors to alter the elemental effects of his abilities.  Of course this mechanic shouldn't be part of default feature of the other frames, that's Chroma's perk, but what if they could tap into it in a limited way?

Enter the Energy Delimiter (named for the sake of concept).  This would work almost exactly like the current arcane enhancements, except they would be fused to only a helmet or frame skin.  Only the basic elements would be available.  The delimiter would be fused with elemental energy in stages (or levels).  The first level comes with a 20% efficiency penalty, 2nd level a 15% energy efficiency penalty, and so on until the penalty is reduced to 0% at level 4.  Each level an require escalating amounts of Elemental Essence, which can be farmed, maybe from a raid.  

When equipped and an appropriate energy color chosen, the applied element becomes active, affecting the frame in only three ways.

- All ability damage is changed to the element type (excluding Finisher damage).

- All ability procs are changed to the element type.

- Minor change in visuals, such as electricity arcs and fire particles.

Some examples of results:

- Ember electrocuting her way through a corpus mission.

- Saryn's venom freezing foes solid as it procs through enemy lines.  

- Frosts ice wave lighting foes on fire (and with impedance making a fire floor).

Any thoughts?  Is this too wild and wacky?  Does it create serious balance issues?  Has it been suggested before and already talked out?

I honestly don't even like that Chroma does it. It's a cool, unique mechanic but I use a universal color scheme for all of my stuff, and it sticks me with Toxin due to green energy. This is irritating since Elemental Ward does drastically different things depending on your element, and Toxin's effect is the weakest of the bunch. So in order to make Chroma as good as he can be I'm forced to make him stand out from every other frame I have. It's annoying when you're a stickler for uniformity.