Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Would You Do Something So Harmful To Your Players, When The Solution Is There?

Alphafox

Yes there is too many nodes on the starchart, yes they need to be reduced, but RNG is far from the solution. With all the ways to fix the problem I really don't understand why that ''solution'' was picked.

Here my proposition: A customized matchmaking system

-Choose the type of mission ( Extermination, Capture, Defense, Survival,etc.)

-Choose the planet (Mars,Earth,Neptune, Ceres, etc.)

-Choose the starting level of the mobs. My personal favorite here, this will give new players and old players alike a way to see any tile set without no matter their level.

That's just my idea.. what other way you guys would fix the problem?(beside adding more RNG to it)

I think killing redundant nodes would be good. Just make sure there's no more than one of each mission type, per tileset, per planet.

I'll agree with you that more RNG is never good. It's just going to make people play less. I don't even bother with my Syndicate dailies a lot of the time if it's a hassle of a mission type (Rescue, Hive, and Spy mostly), or if it's high-level Grineer (to hell with RNG Slash procs).

Begins warframe.

Sets mission to assassination.

Sets planet to whichever warframe is most wanted.

Sets level 1-3

Players now have whatever warframe from the starchart they want with no challenge or story involved. Progress is deemed redundant.

Edited by IANOBW

Begins warframe.

Sets level 1-3

Players now have whatever warframe from the starchart they want with no challenge or story involved.

Make the boss scale with the the players instead. It's really not a issue.

Make the boss scale with the the players instead. It's really not a issue.

Whats the point in the starchart any more? Just throw the concept in the trash, nobody needs a progressive experience. Forget lore, story development, just fly to Dark sector Pluto level 1-3, get S#&$-tons of xp for no work.

Great idea.

Begins warframe.

Sets level 1-3

Players now have whatever warframe from the starchart they want with no challenge or story involved. Progress is deemed redundant.

Yes because warframes were -SO- hard to get in the first place :) Minus Mesa whom isn't behind a hard boss, just behind a grind.

Forget lore, story development

You mean like whenever you kill the same boss 20 times?

Why are people are so adamant about plot in warframe being anything other than meaningless fanservice?

Yes, my young padawan, let the tears flow.

Just wait until we get the new mechanic in-game, right now it's just a waste of time ranting about something we only heard about.

No idea where so saw me rant on anything, but whatever. Say what you want but it's far from a waste of time, I prefer that DE know that their system won't work and will be harmful for players that them adding the system then do damage control later.

Yes because warframes were -SO- hard to get in the first place :) Minus Mesa whom isn't behind a hard boss, just behind a grind.

I think you're missing the point. It may be easy for us, with our vast selection of warframes and weapons, but the point of the end-of-starchart bosses is that you need good gear to deal with them easily.

If a new player can just walk in and experience all there is to have in less than an hour, whats the point in anyone challenging themselves with high-level maps when they can get the same rewards for any level of difficulty?

Furthermore, it makes the idea of having a star-chart even more redundant. Infact, it would mean just giving up on the idea of there being a solar system in the first place. All you would need would be a box, where you select how much you can tolerate grinding.

Messing with a system that's isn't in dire need of changing is pointless anyway.

You mean like whenever you kill the same boss 20 times?

Why are people are so adamant about plot in warframe being anything other than meaningless fanservice?

Why do people think it's a great idea to just scrap any lore left in a game when it's struggling to generate a sensible universe amongst the vast tide of bullS#&$ arguements people throw at it? Is a grind-experience all you want from warframe?

I'm sorry but I don't like your idea. It's not immersive and from what I understood from the devstream and Steves notes in another topic/thread they want to make it more immersive with those 20 missions. I have to admit that Im not very sure if it will be a good idea to make it only 20 missions but we just have to wait and see.

I think you're missing the point. It may be easy for us, with our vast selection of warframes and weapons, but the point of the end-of-starchart bosses is that you need good gear to deal with them easily.

If a new player can just walk in and experience all there is to have in less than an hour, whats the point in anyone challenging themselves with high-level maps when they can get the same rewards for any level of difficulty?

Sorry, no it is that easy. there are plenty of easy to make weapons at low MR ranks nowadays that could easily carry -anyone- through the starchart once they've finished the first two nodes properly, to say otherwise shows how out of touch you are with what is available to new players as a whole.

im with everyone else on this, wait until they reveal what they are doing, then make a decision whether you like it or no. However, i am a fan of planet---> mission type. Then make different planets have different levels, and voila you have a neat way of people getting the best of all worlds.

this way even lets people keep the assassinate missions unique to planets.

Sorry, no it is that easy. there are plenty of easy to make weapons at low MR ranks nowadays that could easily carry -anyone- through the starchart once they've finished the first two nodes properly, to say otherwise shows how out of touch you are with what is available to new players as a whole.

Again, the point has flown straight over your head. A change like this would reduce grind to the point where there was absolutely no challenge in any aspect of the game. It would just be grind. There would be no player experience.

Again, the point has flown straight over your head. A change like this would reduce grind to the point where there was absolutely no challenge in any aspect of the game. It would just be grind. There would be no player experience.

And how is it not currently? The bosses have never been a challenge any less than they've been bullet sponges with invincibility mechanics (Most of them.) The challenge has always been derived from void content and endless missions past a certain wave/time.

BESIDES THE POINT - Because bosses have always scaled to your level and conclave of your warframe, so your point confuses me to no end anyway. Go fight Vor right now on Mercury report back to me what level Vor is in comparison to the trash mobs of the planet are.

Edited by Noitavaino

And how is it not currently? The bosses have never been a challenge any less than they've been bullet sponges with invincibility mechanics (Most of them.) The challenge has always been derived from void content and endless missions past a certain wave/time.

You've proven my point.

You've proven my point.

And how is your point relevant to the idea the OP is trying to put across? You've cherry picked a small example that doesn't even work on the CURRENT starchart and tried to use that as an arguing point. Bosses scale and they need to be made interesting and challenging from a mechanical point of view, the story and 'immersion' (lol) is already there in the form of quests and events (which will be reintroduced in the form of quests if I'm not mistaken.)

And in the new proposed idea from Steve of say, corrupted vor floats through the starchart randomly now and then, how is that working towards your point either?

"Tenno, vor is having a vacation on europa this week, go stop him."

2deep4me story right there.

And how is your point relevant to the idea the OP is trying to put across? You've cherry picked a small example that doesn't even work on the CURRENT starchart and tried to use that as an arguing point. Bosses scale and they need to be made interesting and challenging from a mechanical point of view, the story and 'immersion' (lol) is already there in the form of quests and events (which will be reintroduced in the form of quests if I'm not mistaken.)

And in the new proposed idea from Steve of say, corrupted vor floats through the starchart randomly now and then, how is that working towards your point either?

"Tenno, vor is having a vacation on europa this week, go stop him."

2deep4me story right there.

I can't belive I have to spell this out.

Now lets say IF OP's idea becomes reality, what happens to the starchart? It becomes redundant. Because of that, you remove it.

Now whatever little progressive this story had is gone.

Where do players go? Well, no point using the starchart seeing as theres no challenge left there, go to the void - you know? The place where ALL OF THE GRIND IS.

You've now pseudo-decreased the grind. Congrats.

This, is my point.

BESIDES THE POINT - Because bosses have always scaled to your level and conclave of your warframe, so your point confuses me to no end anyway. Go fight Vor right now on Mercury report back to me what level Vor is in comparison to the trash mobs of the planet are.

Actually, they haven't always done that. And to retort, you confuse me to no end.

I can't belive I have to spell this out.

Now lets say IF OP's idea becomes reality, what happens to the starchart? It becomes redundant. Because of that, you remove it.

Now whatever little progressive this story had is gone.

Where do players go? Well, no point using the starchart seeing as theres no challenge left there, go to the void - you know? The place where ALL OF THE GRIND IS.

You've now pseudo-decreased the grind. Congrats.

This, is my point.

How have you come to this from saying that players picking an assassination mission they want and reducing the levels to 1-3 and complaining about perceived progression in a game where the actual nodes currently have little relevance outside of a handful of missions spread across for resources and or certain drops?

Literally moving the goalposts here.

Ontop of that you keep bringing up story like the games current missions are absolutely brimming with lore and not all contained in codex entrys and simmaris scans, and you're not exactly bringing your point home because the new starchart is just going to be a more stripped version of our current one, or is appearing to be that way with the possibility to craft the missions you're after.

And no the argument that "oh you find this peice of paper on a dead guy that tells you Vay Hek is about to steal a bunch of kittens and heres the location" like others are suggesting is also counter intuitive to the same point before you bring this one up.

How have you come to this from saying that players picking an assassination mission they want and reducing the levels to 1-3 and complaining about perceived progression in a game where the actual nodes currently have little relevance outside of a handful of missions spread across for resources and or certain drops?

Literally moving the goalposts here.

Ontop of that you keep bringing up story like the games current missions are absolutely brimming with lore and not all contained in codex entrys and simmaris scans, and you're not exactly bringing your point home because the new starchart is just going to be a more stripped version of our current one, or is appearing to be that way with the possibility to craft the missions you're after.

And no the argument that "oh you find this peice of paper on a dead guy that tells you Vay Hek is about to steal a bunch of kittens and heres the location" like others are suggesting is also counter intuitive to the same point before you bring this one up.

There are multiple reasons why I disagree with OP, I've made my points. Granted, my points are fragmented, so I understand why your knickers are twisted.

By all means, continue to think this is the best solution. I won't stop you.

I posted something similar a while ago.

The way I see it:

20 nodes as in 20 different tilesets.

Once you select a tileset, you'll then have the option to select the mission type and the difficulty.

Difficulty as in tier 1, 2 or 3:

Tier 1: lvl 1-10

Tier 2: lvl 11-20

Teir 3: lvl 21+

So if this is how it's going to be, then it's more or less just a UI change.

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/449049-253-nodes-on-the-star-map-to-20/?p=4992874 

And to prevent people from choosing any assasination mission right off the bat, allowing them to access any frame they want, there could be some sort of progression.

For instance, one must complete every mission mode (extermination, defence, survival, ...) from a tileset to access the boss mode of that tileset. And once the boss is defeated, the player unlocks the next tileset, etc...

Yes, my young padawan, let the tears flow.

Just wait until we get the new mechanic in-game, right now it's just a waste of time ranting about something we only heard about.

Why not give feedback (the point of these forums) on something that sounds bad so we can hopefully get it changed to something that is good?

There are multiple reasons why I disagree with OP, I've made my points. Granted, my points are fragmented, so I understand why your knickers are twisted.

By all means, continue to think this is the best solution. I won't stop you.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, far from it and I don't believe my solution is perfect. In my last sentence I clearly ask for people ideas, yet you still didn't provide any.