Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Would You Do Something So Harmful To Your Players, When The Solution Is There?

Alphafox

welcome to the world of opinions. You guys have differing points, cool. No need to start a flame war, and history shows it is unlikely you will change someones mind on a topic. Especially over the internet. you both make valid points, but until anything is implemented all this discussion is somewhat redundant anyway. Its hypothetical. GG.

As I said in the other thread, regardless of whether DE's proposal is a good idea or not, the REAL issue at hand is a lack of meaningful rewards among startchart nodes - not an overabundance of nodes. I don't think DE is seeing the forest through the trees, and have elected to grease a wheel that isn't squeaky.

Disperse meaningful rewards that people actually want among the starchart and wa-pow - instant population boom on all those seemingly redundant and pointless nodes. 

I'm not asking you to agree with me, far from it and I don't believe my solution is perfect.

Fair enough, I don't expect you to even acknowlege my arguement. I just wanted to contest (in my opinion) your idea...

In my last sentence I clearly ask for people ideas, yet you still didn't provide any.

... and now you're getting defensive.

I don't have a solid solution for the "issue" with the starchart. I still use some of the nodes, mostly the darksectors and spy missions. Sure, I think some of the mission types could have a trimming up, and some nodes should simply be removed, as they are empty.

Going by your idea, we'd have even more empty nodes, because you would be tailoring your own anyway.

Honestly, I think that for a re-birth in the use of the starchart (as well as the above I just mentioned), something has to change in the void to draw people back. Currently, going to the void is the best place to level and recieve new gear. To solve this, I would suggest better rewards from nodes in the starchart, things like recieving more cores from defence waves, weapon blueprints from eximus, etc.

DE have already done a great job with spy 2.0. The rewards and xp recieved is a fair trade for the difficulty presented. If this kind of structure can be applied to the rest of the missions, maybe the problem could be solved.

Edited by IANOBW

Why not give feedback (the point of these forums) on something that sounds bad so we can hopefully get it changed to something that is good?

How can you give feedback about something you didn't even tried? Are you saying they should change an important game mechanic relying on... suppositions?

How can you give feedback about something you didn't even tried? Are you saying they should change an important game mechanic relying on... suppositions?

No. But we can tell them we think reducing the start from 300~ nodes down to 20 sounds like a terrible idea and suggest alternatives.

We can tell them adding even more rng to the game is terrible idea and suggest alternatives. And so on.

Edited by f3llyn