Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask Vkhaun Anything

VKhaun

I might not be popular enough to get as many questions as 60five or Erebus' threads but I'm two hours into a twelve hour shift and it looks like it's going to be a really slow night, so here goes.

Edited by VKhaun

Why should I?

I dunno. Why did you?

Do you see yourself as an overachiever, underachiever, "average", or anything of the sorts?

I consider myself a post turtle. I'm a person of low aspirations who should have ended up an underachiever living simple and happy but somehow I'm surrounded by better educated "professional" types who rely on me and I make more money than I know what to do with. I keep expecting it to fall apart, but they just handed me a plaque for five years with the company and everyone seems to like having me here doing my thing, so I just do my best every day and try not to let them down. <3

Any thoughts on the condensed starchart, or just on the devstream in general?

Too many variable to judge it yet, but I will say this... with such a low goal on the number of nodes, they could do a lot of grouping improvements based on restrictions that would have killed population on the larger star chart so I am optimistic.

Anything?

Yes.

Why does eating kiwi make my lips itch?

There actually is such a thing as a kiwi allergy which causes exactly this.

how to twitch my ear

Use a taser on a low setting.

In terms of desire, what of relationships? (what you want in your significant other, if you want one at all) Don't answer if you not want to.

I am not actively seeking anyone and I'm not lonely or anything, but working at a desk at night for four years has seen me gain a lot of weight which I'm just recently starting to take seriously. As I lose that, options and interest will probably go up just because of biology.

Do you find it disconcerting when well known forum personalities change their profile pictures?

Not anymore, but I used to. When I first started using forums I made the mistake of focusing on pics rather than names and learned that lesson.

What bugs me is people who use different names for everything. I've been VKhaun since... 2002 I think? Dark Age of Camelot before it's first expansion. Everyone else I know on the net has a new name on every messenger, board and game and it drives me nutts.

What do you plan on majoring in, if anything?

I'm not a student. o.o

Work has taken me high enough that I bump into various database related actions and I have a friend who always talks about making our own game. If I looked for more education it'd probably be in that direction, but I prefer to teach myself usually. When I stop working all this overtime and have my days off again my list starts with SQL, then familiarizing myself with the features of Excel, and making a simple game in C#, making sure to get into at least the basics of threading.