Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Needs To Be An Alternative To Selling Unwanted Warframes

ManTouch

Hi, I've been playing since closed beta and during that time I only had Loki and Rhino. These two were perfect and I maxed them out and never got tired of them.

Well, since I didn't have much else to do I decided to take any Warframe parts I got from bosses and just go ahead and make other frames just for personal busywork. Turns out that from an alert I got the special helmet for Trinity and a few other Frames. I decide to go ahead and actually make Trinity while also buying slots to make room for her and others.

Well, now I'm playing as Trinity and it's just not my playstyle. She looks cool, and those ability are helpful, I'm sure, but I preferred the other Frames I had so she's just around for mastery now.

So now I feel like deleting Trinity or selling her, but that feels like a waste. I actually invested time in building her up and still want to max her for mastery. So seeing as I have a well built Trinity I kinda can't just do that since it feels dumb. I'm starting to realize that I may go through this again with each new Frame I try. There needs to be a useful way to get rid of Frames you don't want. I have like 6 slots left and if I try 6 new Frames I don't like I can't see just throwing them away after making the investment.

I understand that a market or trading would just lead to bots etc. exploiting this option so maybe we could convert unwanted Frames into something else? Maybe even merge one frame into another to unlock something else. Anything than just getting some credits. Too much work goes into making one and mastering them to just sell them even if they aren't enjoyable.

There is always the alternative of... Keeping them.

Honestly, you should give trinity a chance once she's capped out with a maxed out and empowered Link... She's pretty much the best boss hunter there is (because link + energy vamp = bosses dps themselves and restore your energy to keep casting link)

I understand it's a bummer, but did you really just hop head first into building an entire frame without knowing anything about her?

And if you don't want to sell her and waste her: don't sell her. It's always nice having lots of frames at hand, and that way you know you didn't waste too much seeing as you can always go back.

Edited by KogSothoth

MAX HER THEN SELL HER!

I do this when i'm limited with warframe slots.

Remember, it's after warframes have equipped appropriately leveled skills and mods that you truly see how they shine.

Edited by RunNGun

alternative: buy more warframe slots.

yeah sorry. its how the system works tho. DE gotta eat.

I don't think you read the topic at all. I said I only had two Warframes. I bought a 3rd and enough slots to buy 6 more. I don't have any slot issue. This is about not wanting to see hard work wasted as credits instead of something more useful.  Please read the discussion so we don't create tangent arguments that have no place here. Thank you.

I understand it's a bummer, but did you really just hop head first into building an entire frame without knowing anything about her?

And if you don't want to sell her and waste her: don't sell her. It's always nice having lots of frames at hand, and that way you know you didn't waste too much seeing as you can always go back.

Nah, I knew what she was. Reading and watching her being played is nothing like actually using her myself. I just rarely have reasons to use her abilities outside of boss fights.

Also, like I said, I had nothing else to do since my others were maxed. I have to at least try these other Frames I don't care about or I'll be pretty much done playing until there's like a Rhino Prime. I am going to keep her and I do like alts, but I think there should be something better to exchange unwanted frames for than just some credits. 

Also, like I said, I had nothing else to do since my others were maxed. I have to at least try these other Frames I don't care about or I'll be pretty much done playing until there's like a Rhino Prime. I am going to keep her and I do like alts, but I think there should be something better to exchange unwanted frames for than just some credits. 

A good chunk of the frames are largely situational... Trinity is more of a boss hunter and strong support for high wave defense runs... other than that she's basically useless.

Nyx is kinda like that too... but not quite to the same extent... Ember / Volt are very situational; really only being that good against Infested / Corpus (respectively)

But imo... it's just about different flavors...

Push comes to shove I always fall back on Excal, who I feel is severely underrated because the bulk of players start with him, use him with bad mods as they learn the game, and make a new frame and move on without looking back. The other frames I have, I keep for completion sake and I dust them off now and then for kicks.

I don't think you read the topic at all. I said I only had two Warframes. I bought a 3rd and enough slots to buy 6 more. I don't have any slot issue. This is about not wanting to see hard work wasted as credits instead of something more useful.  Please read the discussion so we don't create tangent arguments that have no place here. Thank you.

I read the whole thing, and my answer is identical. Just keep them. It's not like there's 100 warframes, there's 12. 14 if you count the primes.

You are storing them for safe keeping.

It's Tony Stark with his Ironman suits - Mk 1 - 14. He may hate Mk3, but he isn't going to sell it or even use it for spare parts for 15. It just becomes a part of his permanent collection.

Just off the top of my head, maybe a storage bunker for warframes and weapons. Rather than having to sell them entirely, and level them back up if you decide to get them again, you can put them in to storage. You can't access them in any way shape or form until you pull them back out, which could take a few different forms.

- A special solo-only mission to fight through enemy territory to retrieve your items.

- A large credit cost, coupled with a timer to wait for them to return from storage (similar to Foundry)

- Charging a small amount of platinum to retrieve from storage (allows you to keep the experience you earned on them, but maintains the status quo of "if you want more space, you need to pay for it one way or another")

Just a few ideas. Obviously as a F2P game, DE has to have strategies enabled to maintain a steady cash flow and pay for development, but having to throw away the time invested as well as the item itself just seems a bit off.

Max trinity out first then either sell or keep. 

I just finished maxing volt out and I didn't really like him until right near the end when I was able to start spamming his ulti all the time. Still going to sell him when I finish making Vauban and after I've had a go at him I will probably claim the Banshee thats been sitting in my foundry for 2 days now.

either that or I'll find some money to spend on slots.

Just off the top of my head, maybe a storage bunker for warframes and weapons. Rather than having to sell them entirely, and level them back up if you decide to get them again, you can put them in to storage. You can't access them in any way shape or form until you pull them back out, which could take a few different forms.

- A special solo-only mission to fight through enemy territory to retrieve your items.

- A large credit cost, coupled with a timer to wait for them to return from storage (similar to Foundry)

- Charging a small amount of platinum to retrieve from storage (allows you to keep the experience you earned on them, but maintains the status quo of "if you want more space, you need to pay for it one way or another")

Just a few ideas. Obviously as a F2P game, DE has to have strategies enabled to maintain a steady cash flow and pay for development, but having to throw away the time invested as well as the item itself just seems a bit off.

I can get behind this. 

Then what happens when you have gone trough all and if none of them felt cool, you have emerged two into 1 other frame and then merged that frame with yet another frame and eventually you will end up in the same spot, only difference being that you wasted a lot of recourses in that progression. Sure in a small run it is useful and maybe they should add it for saving some tiny bits of money from slots and time and in game recourses as well but in the end, you might end up in the same situation you left from, exhausted and in misery, all that time and recourses for nothing.

This is just my personal honest opinion, but if I were you, I'd save them regardless of whether or not will I use the Frame ever again. You never know when you are in a mood of different playstyle and honestly, if you give them a chance and actually take time to learn different playstyles, their strengths show in every situation. I have to admit it that Trinity and sometimes Nyx too, feel a bit boring to play as they control a bit more passive roles in this game but there is always situations where you need that special ability to deployed and you can learn to use every ability even though it might not be commonly used, it can still be very handy. For example I always used Energy Vampire on mini bosses like Grineer Heavy Gunners so that me and my team could get free energy if needed. Or as A Nyx I always try to use her Mind Control on Ancient Disruptors so that they won't attack and steal all of our energy.

I think the thing is to learn how useful, when and where you can use your abilities as every Frame can use any of their abilities at any given time, the way you fight your foes differs but they are all good solutions, of course I use Energy Siphon so that I do not need to worry about energy consumption almost at all.

Edited by BETAOPTICS