Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Alright, what do you want a picture of to prove that I actually know what I'm talking about here

I don't see anyone else even showing they have rhino, let alone played it enough to have an opinion of it

I have a super charged rank 30 Rhino with maxed out mods. I used 3 of his 4 skills, and Rhino Charge was only used to get around the map since its too buggy to use reliably in combat when half the time you tap an enemy and come to a halt. Radial Blast was never used, and was later removed. It didn't do enough damage to warrant the energy cost, and Stomp was just better at crowd control. And Iron Skin was his one redeeming skill that let him get in there and soak fire like a tank should. With this change though, I see Frost being the choice for stopping ranged fire, Trinity is still the best boss tank, and for Infested, Ember with Overheat and Focus mod gets a 91% damage reduction or so, which is enough to make toxics not deal damage, since if you lower the damage to a decimal less then 0.5, it does 0. I just don't see a place in there for Rhino now. Rhino needed a few things buffed, not Iron Skin nerfed to be weaker then a power a caster frame has.

Well, hit Iron Skin and got staggered, poisoned, knocked down, and energy/shield drained by all the infected around me. That's a bit...annoying as it was my "deal with ancients" skill. Aside from that, I used it for reviving teammates and clearing house when rushers got overwhelmed in groups with Ancients/Bosses/Heavy Units.

This nerf effectively squashes that utility. Now, I'm back to spamming Radial Blast to kill aggressors (it does a paltry amount of damage at lvl28 and up even with 20% Focus) or hoping I can res before Stomp's suspend expires.

Also, the player stats window has the opaque background and while millions and thousands have commas (XP values), tens of millions don't.

Edit:

Making Rhino's Charge/Excalibur's Slash Dash go up inclines would be awesome. As it is, once I hit any sort of ramp, I stop in place with the charge effect still going.

The movement system is rather off now. Sprint and Jump are repeatedly being "held down" when I'm not touching them and I end up vaulting over crates, wall climbing or running, or simply not doing anything when I press them now. The last has been an issue for ages, but this auto-climbing is really annoying as it results in a series of rolls or the "stick it and pose" crouch landing that I can't get out of.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

Well, hit Iron Skin and got staggered, poisoned, knocked down, and energy/shield drained by all the infected around me. That's a bit...annoying as it was my "deal with ancients" skill. Aside from that, I used it for reviving teammates and clearing house when rushers got overwhelmed in groups with Ancients/Bosses/Heavy Units.

This nerf effectively squashes that utility. Now, I'm back to spamming Radial Blast to kill aggressors or hoping I can res before Stomp's suspend expires.

Also, the player stats window has the opaque background and isn't showing a comma for 10 million exp. Millions and thousands have commas, but tens of millions don't.

Like I've said....Iron Skin was really all that made him a tank...as a bit more shields doesn't do anything with how fast they go down and of course the permastun situations.

Personally I'm not asking for a picture of anything, I'm asking for Iron Skin to be un-broken (read: returned to its former glory with a cooldown or something).

I'm directing it at zaro there that keeps evading the issue

Yeah, right now Iron Skin is weaker than it should be, if it was slightly unnerfed in that it still protected against status effects but kept the damage reduction instead of the old immunity, I think that would be more than fair

Maybe a nerf to duration though, with rank 3 IS and Continuity 4 I can be iron skinned for like 10 seconds at a time or some other completely overkill duration on top of having 990 shields

Really people, it's not that hard to not walk into the poison clouds, get a gun that can stun so they don't get all up in your grill in the first place

This. We get access to screenshots of updates and thats about it.

The community backlash might have stopped it from being released. Now that it's out in the wild, chances of it being accepted are higher than if they'd warned us beforehand.

Really people, it's not that hard to not walk into the poison clouds, get a gun that can stun so they don't get all up in your grill in the first place

Clearly you've never been the victim of the "toxic ancients ignore stun and give you a nice hug" issue. Most other frames are mobile enough to evade when they start sliding across the floor to give you a hug, but Rhino? Lolnope.

The community backlash might have stopped it from being released. Now that it's out in the wild, chances of it being accepted are higher than if they'd warned us beforehand.

Pretty much...outside of a new frame and bug fixes, the rest of this update is disappointment. If it had actually been discussed with the council, or anyone with common sense really, it wouldn't have gone through. Makes me wonder what they were thinking with this, or if they even were thinking.

Pretty much...outside of a new frame and bug fixes, the rest of this update is disappointment. If it had actually been discussed with the council, or anyone with common sense really, it wouldn't have gone through. Makes me wonder what they were thinking with this, or if they even were thinking.

They weren't. Basically the best we can hope for is that the majority of the update gets flat out removed and undone.

They weren't. Basically the best we can hope for is that the majority of the update gets flat out removed and undone.

The trend they have been setting lately makes me think at best, we'll get some kind of post talking about the "issue" which they won't do anything about, and then will just pull this again later. And I really hate being so negative but...I'm just really let down by this. I think I've lost faith in them.

• Fixed glaive not doing critical hits when thrown.

Has anyone confirmed this fix? I have yet to see a critical hit when throwing the glaive. Also Ash's smoke screen invisibility doesn't give extra dmg to it like it does for other melee weapons.

The trend they have been setting lately makes me think at best, we'll get some kind of post talking about the "issue" which they won't do anything about, and then will just pull this again later. And I really hate being so negative but...I'm just really let down by this. I think I've lost faith in them.

Its sad, it really is. Me and my friends were talking just last night about how much we liked this game, then log in to this. It's almost like they want people to stop playing. Seriously, if the issue is not enough people are buying plat, there's tons of ways to fix that. Hell, take a page from steam's books and lower the prices and toss up sales every weekend. People are more likely to spend lots of money on a ton of cheaper things than a single expensive one, especially when the word "sale" is involved.

I dunno man, when this happened with the gorgon they did, in fact, take a look at it and partially revert the nerfs. So that's a good precedent there. Ditto Hek. Now Hek's usable again. DE, unlike a lot of companies, does actually listen to fan feedback.

Frankly, I think the best thing to do would be to revert IS to its old invulnerability mechanism, but make it cost 75 energy to use, and nerf the duration down to ~8 seconds or so. That way you can't spend a whole mission invulnerable, but you also aren't totally borked if your teammate gets surrounded by ancients and you need to support him.

Because as it stands, Rhino has no skills worth using - the only reason to use him is high base health and armor. Radial blast is crap at crowd control and does crap damage. Rhino stomp looks cool but is pretty weaksauce compared to most other ults. Stats are all Rhino has going for him. But I might as well just use Frost for that, because Frost's got all that and skills that aren't worthless. Also Frost Prime in a week or two.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger