Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oro

JonBenj

After playing a great deal of Annihilation, I have a few issues with the Oro play setup.

I understand droppping Oro's keeps the players moving etc but i would rather it based on Kills. I also feel there should be a cap on how many players per game - it gets very laggy and messy.

I've had many matches where the winner is either a recidivist Power spammer or just jumps in and takes the Oro's from a 3 way shootout.

Perhaps if it was based on kill = instant Oro/point you may get campers etc. But Camping is not as effective as it was in 1.0 due to being able to 1 shot.

I think you will always get campers etc Ability abuse is worse imo.

Edited by JonBenj

Both good ideas.

Its hardly very tactical.

At the moment - you really have to face tank a bit - if you run and gun you simply lose.

Eh, no? I run and gun all the time and win most of my matches.

I don´t really see the issue with the current system,. Adds a little extra tension after the kill and keeps a nice pace up and if you check the stats at the end most people have around as much kills as oro most ot the time.

Though a real deathmatch in the long may be fine for does who want it - only have to consider if the pvp popluation is big enough to support so many modes.

Also a 3 second lock to the killer (even a 1 sec) and they may just as well remove the system.

Eh, no? I run and gun all the time and win most of my matches.

I don´t really see the issue with the current system,. Adds a little extra tension after the kill and keeps a nice pace up and if you check the stats at the end most people have around as much kills as oro most ot the time.

Though a real deathmatch in the long may be fine for does who want it - only have to consider if the pvp popluation is big enough to support so many modes.

Also a 3 second lock to the killer (even a 1 sec) and they may just as well remove the system.

I think 3 seconds is perfectly adequate. The whole point would be that if someone gets a kill it can't be stolen immediately, but if someone else kills them before they can get it, then that person can get 2 points for their effort and timing. I think the only real way to steal kills is to kill.

I think 3 seconds is perfectly adequate. The whole point would be that if someone gets a kill it can't be stolen immediately, but if someone else kills them before they can get it, then that person can get 2 points for their effort and timing. I think the only real way to steal kills is to kill.

I am saying if you can´t steal the system would be fairly boring since it is pretty hard to kill someone before they collect their oro in which case it may just as well be deathmatch.

the oro system is ok imo, i dont see anyone making a difference by stealing oros from enemy kills, and teamplay is at least encouraged by this rather than the usual rambo carrying his entire team which is usual in pubs, i already see guys who try to stick together with a team mate and grab/rescue oros, but on the other side, i really havent seen anyone trying to wait till his team mate dies, i just see some teamfight being generated around oros and i think its a good thing, thats my point of view

Edited by rockscl

Current system seems fine honestly. You either get your oro or you dont to confirm the kill. think of it like taking a trophy from a dead enemy, if you dont have the trophy or the body how can you say you killed it, also someone could just take your trophy and present it themselves. The true strongest opponents in Warframe are other Tenno.

since this is DEATHMATCH that's absolute bullcrap.

But this isn't Deathmatch. Not at all. It's Kill Confirmed. Different things. Different play styles.

I personally like the mode, it promotes teamwork somewhat while still being a fun arena kill-em-all mode. Yes there are ways to play it unconventionally (sneaking up on the oro that others missed) but if you manage to get to the top just by scavenging then you well deserve to be there because you're either god or all the rest are inept.