The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert: Den Of Kubrow And Its Problems

renleech

Hello, i don't know if what i write in this topic is pure rating, but here we go:

1-  Feral kubrows are damn hard to hit

Yes, they are. Even with polearms with maxed primed reach (i have one) their hitbox is just too small. I start a combo, and only half of my blows land with hit. Combine with the very assimetric terrain and the speed  of the kubrows, we have a nightmare. Hitting infested crawlers with fist weapons is easier.

2 - Bleeding procs

During the second stage, if you are procced with a bite from the kubrows, you're screwed, PERIOD. Even with high armor frames the bleeding proc is deadly. I don't mind it being hard, this is a challenge after all. But isn't a little too hard bleeding procs IGNORING MELEE BLOCK?

3- Kubrow resistance to frame powers

I tried several frames. With Vauban, the feral kubrows are ignoring bastille. Is this supposed to happen?

Thoughts?

Edited by renleech

I didnt have any issues with the event, though i did use Ash on a bladestorm build (max range, 175% eff, 25% dur, and i think about 120-150 str) and was able to do the alert just fine. I didn't do it solo (i could have though), but with a couple of my clan mates and we just used ash to do it with ease, though if the kubrows DID hit us it wasnt the end of the world.

1) I can confirm I just could not hit one in melee with a Glaive. I got so desperate I tried crouching.

After about 30 swings where I could not tell if I was hitting at all I went back to throwing it at them instead.

Kubrows are short. It's cute, but can be annoying. It also makes them slightly more challenging considering they usually have considerably low health.

Bleeding Procs suck. They stack, and they happen a lot, and they're honestly the hardest part of Kubrows. I don't know if I'd call it a problem. DoK was designed to swarm players with Kubrows and it's supposed to be difficult. All I can suggest is to mod up with Vitality and anything else that'll give you more HP to survive the Bleed proc.

I've personally completed it with Ash using Blade Storm (targets all Kubrow, no dens, also make him invincible to get his shields back up, but still takes damage from Bleed procs) and been in a party with a Vauban using Vortex, so I know that works. All other CC I've seen has been effective as well.

Thanks for the feedback, but i still believe the bleeding procs ignoring melee block is an absurd. About tactics, i still need to find the right one.

I remember the last tactical alert on earth, it was a cakewalk. Now this...

Iv got almost 500 on the TA score, so im well and truly done with this thankfully.

But I did notice the Feral Kubrow were rediculously hard to hit, and I just ended up letting my Kubrow kill them because I could barely hit them ever...even with a Dragon Nikana, 5/6 swings would be a miss...but the Grineer all died in 1 swing...so, I dunno.

I used Oberon and spammed Hallowed Ground.  No procs and the kubrows usually stayed in one area. Used an Orthos for melee and was able to hit the kubrows all around me.  And Smite was nice for taking out the Grineer hiding in that fog.

Thanks for the feedback, but i still believe the bleeding procs ignoring melee block is an absurd. About tactics, i still need to find the right one.

I remember the last tactical alert on earth, it was a cakewalk. Now this...

I think it's fine in this Tactical Alert. We are rarely in any real danger. I played it with a few Frames, and the only time I got killed was when a Volt used speed on me Exaclibur and throwing my Glaive became impossible. Tie that with my Glaive in melee not hitting anything and you can see how that ended up badly.