Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Up With Bandai Namco !?

Kaiservadin

It seems they are release unfinished games and some games they release they want you to pay more later !

its almost like there releasing a preview or demo you have to pay for !

Xenoverse ( Unfinished, Gameplay needs a SERIOUS REWORK )

Soul Calibur V ( Unfinished, 1 story path & limited weapon styles )

Dark souls 2 ( Pay to upgrade, $80 for game and all DLC, no free upgrade for Sin patch if you own DS2 DX9 with all DLC )

Dot hack game series (Pay to complete, around $100 to beat the game ! [ $20 a disc] )

Edited by Kaiservadin

donnt blame them, blame the economy who been driving all the industri crazy

This will be a perfect time to Release Soul Calibur VI as long as it is not rushed.

Why do people get prissy about dlc. I for one if I enjoy the game and it has dlc I'll buy it. Fallout, battlefield, dynasty warriors, ES, and etc. Day one dlc are kind of annoying, but not the end of the world.

I am complaining about DS2 because why should i have to pay twice for the same game with all DLC just for a slight upgrade thats all.

Edited by Kaiservadin

donnt blame them, blame the economy who been driving all the industri crazy

The economy isn't the problem. Publicly held over-staffed publishers are.

Publicly held companies must constantly increase profits in order to keep shareholders happy. There are three ways to do this:

1) Reduce costs - This is why there are so many broken or unfinished games released. The shorter the dev cycle is and the more resources are reused from elsewhere the cheaper the game is to make.

2) Make more money per sale - If you can get a decent amount of people to buy a season pass for $60, you are making 50% more on them than you would have otherwise. Each piece of DLC costs significantly less than the base game to make, but is sold for 10-30% of the base game's price.

3) Produce more games - The more games you can pump out, the more you make. This also promotes reduced development time.

Independant companies are thriving. It is just the publishers that are acting like they are hurting.

Dark souls 2 ( Pay to upgrade, $80 for game and all DLC, no free upgrade for Sin patch if you own DS2 DX9 with all DLC )

First off,

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335300/

It's 50$ on steam for the standalone and 30$ for the upgrade (this upgrade can give all the DLC).

Secondly, 

dark-souls-2-sotfs-comparisons.jpg

All versions get the free patch to 1.10 which includes the story upgrade (such as the Scholar of the First sin and a new ending/lore), item desc. upgrade and balancing upgrade).

The 50$ standalone only gives you different enemy placemennts, slight graphical upgrades (which I've seen and it ain't different in the long run) and more online players.

That is a perfect mix of how to sell an upgraded copy. Players of the original get the more important part (as DkS2 had a major lacking in lore and story), while if you want, you can get the standalone which gives you some added bonuses.

Next time, do your research before making some BS up.

First off,

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335300/

It's 50$ on steam for the standalone and 30$ for the upgrade (this upgrade can give all the DLC).

Secondly, 

dark-souls-2-sotfs-comparisons.jpg

All versions get the free patch to 1.10 which includes the story upgrade (such as the Scholar of the First sin and a new ending/lore), item desc. upgrade and balancing upgrade).

The 50$ standalone only gives you different enemy placemennts, slight graphical upgrades (which I've seen and it ain't different in the long run) and more online players.

That is a perfect mix of how to sell an upgraded copy. Players of the original get the more important part (as DkS2 had a major lacking in lore and story), while if you want, you can get the standalone which gives you some added bonuses.

Next time, do your research before making some BS up.

I am only complaining because of DX11, they will not give DX9 owners a DX11 upgrade ... thing is NEW GRAPHIC CARDS support DX12 !

I am only complaining because of DX11, they will not give DX9 owners a DX11 upgrade ... thing is NEW GRAPHIC CARDS support DX12 !

Which of these options do you think makes more sense?

Apply the patch for DX11 and potentially risk having a portion of the playerbase no longer be able to play because their graphics cards don't support DX11. Forcing them to go get a new graphics card to play DkS2 (and not everyone can afford a new one).

or

Separate the upgrades so that even those on DX9 don't feel cheated out of everything and can get some still fairly important stuff, and IF they have the required gear, they can go get the upgraded version.

Namco Bandai/Fromsoft did a wise choice in this upgrade. Most re-mastered versions of games typically just have you buy the new one while the old one sits away in the corner of your shelf.