Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Copyright Claim - On Warframe Content (Updated!)

Aercascade

Update: the claim made against my video has been released; but if anyone has further issues with this company I'd love to lend you a helping had. Feel free to contact me and I'll send the "dispute claim" your way for you to use.

A moderator can close this thread.

So I've just received a copyright claim on one of my Warframe videos and now this company is monetizing off of not just my work but Digital Extremes work aswell.

uBqunx0.png

For those who can't see the image for whatever reasons, the company seem to have claimed a portion of the opening cutscene. Not even the audio part. It's the visual they're claiming. I'm sorry Wediacorp but I'm pretty sure you don't own any rights to their models or visual content.

The company in question goes by the name of Wediacorp. They should most certainly not be making money off of my content. The video in question:

Which contains absolutely nothing visual that will infringe on anybody elses copyrights other than Digital Extremes who has said they're totally alright with people monetizing video content.

This seems to have been manually done as well. It wasn't a content ID match they did this manually. My video went up fine when I uploaded it made it public. No complaints not one; and currently every other warframe video I have made remains fine. No ID matches at all. For the record. I avoid using copyrighted music. I keep to small indies who allow the use of their work in Youtube videos like Scott Buckley and Nightcall and I always make sure to credit them.

I'm making the video unlisted. I refuse to have them make money off of Digital Extremes content. How dare they.

I'd also like to point out that DE can tell me anytime if they don't like my content.

https://warframe.com/community/fansites

I know people aren't in the office on Saturdays but at some point I'd actually like to get a statement from DE so I can use this when disputing. You know as proof that I'm not lying because you tube has a backwards system where you're guilty until proven innocent.

If the dispute fails I might actually take them to a small claims court. Principles really.

Edited by Lilliannette

EDIT: They just made a false claim to get ads on your video. Rotten business.

Yep. Now all I can do is send a dispute. Which I won't do yet until I get a proper statement from DE which I can include.

If that doesn't work small claims court if they really are stupid enough to reject it.

It's not like Digital Extremes is AAA company owned by Activision.

If they say you can use their content. You can use their content.

I agree with you OP. The only thing in your video that has the potential to infringe on IP rights is DE's stuff, and they said their ok. Thus, I suggest that you file the dispute, and keep updating this, so that there is hard record that you have taken no unreasonable actions, and have 'witnesses' on your side.

A "YouTube Partner" in Istanbul?

Do they just have some dude surfing through "recommended" videos and issuing copyright claims? Sure, it's despicable behavior, but I wanna know how these people got so weird. What kind of person does this stuff? Is this normal in Turkey?

In the case of something serious like this (money is involved, and the Youtube claims system is harsh and unpleasant enough that you shouldn't be careless when dealing with it), I would suggest directly PMing a dev asking for a short statement.

If the dispute fails I might actually take them to a small claims court. Principles really.

Best of luck to you resolving this before it gets bloody.

Edited by Kthal

Update: I threw a dispute there way and the video is now restored!

Hi ThatKail,

Good news! Your dispute wasn’t reviewed within 30 days, so the copyright claim on your YouTube video has now been released by Wediacorp.

Video title: "The Death Runner - 01: Wake Up Tenno"

Your video's monetisation settings have now been restored.

- The YouTube Team

Which isn't exactly true since it was under 30 days. EIther it was made in error or they realized that making a false claim wasn't a good idea afterall; I don't think this will be the last heard from these fellas. I'll update the OP and see if I can find a moderator to close this thread.

Thank you all for your kind words! This could've gone a lot worse. I don't think this is the last we've seen of this kind of behavior if you're facing similar issues I'll send you the dispute I sent that had it removed. Much respect!

Edited by Lilliannette