Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Build To Avoid One Shots In T4 Endless

JuanDeages

Question

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a solution to nullifiers 100-0ing me at 35mins (solo), and 30mins (duo).

It has been bugging me for a long time, but I haven't had much time to play the game lately. I mostly come in for events on my days off.

Anyways, this is the build I've been using for the longest time: 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_300440044_1-4-10-2-3-10-4-2-5-5-1-2-6-5-5-19-7-10-37-8-5-55-0-5-59-6-3_55-6-5-6-4-9-2-6-1-7-6-11-59-9-19-7-37-14_48/en/1-0-17/

It really irks me that a nullifier can 1 shot me with 3 tank mods installed, but they can. The best I have come up with is this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_300440044_2-3-10-4-6-5-5-2-2-19-7-10-37-8-5-55-1-5-57-4-5-59-5-3-481-0-10_481-7-55-11-5-6-2-6-57-8-59-9-4-9-19-7-37-14_0/en/1-0-17

The only problem I see here, is in making Saryn better suited at surviving one shots, I had to drop shields, which means I now need some form of health sustain. The molt augment is off the table, because there is no room. I normally haven't been one to use life strike, so for my goal, if I did opt to go that route, which weapon is best suited for the job? I typically just run around with my Dual Ichors, but I don't melee much so I just loaded them up with damage for when I got rushed while reloading.

My other option would be to use a syndicate weapon with a heal. Since my very early days in warframe I have just used my Boltor Prime/Akvasto. I would normally start the early mid game stages with my vastos, then use the boltor as needed. The vastos are my favorite weapon in the game, so having to drop them for the sake of not getting gibbed is something I would like to avoid, if possible, but I do have a 4 forma Vaykor Marelok if push comes to shove.

This is what I came up with for you to try solo. Tested. Parameters being that you don't want to be using life strike. I hate that too, if I go melee, I go melee whole game and build accordingly.

Warframe0008.jpg

Warframe0007.jpg

Warframe0006.jpg

With this, at 30 minutes, I let nulifier hit me and 1 shot dropped me to about 400hp, at 35min, it dropped me to 2 hp and full energy and at 40 minutes, that 1 shot just killed me from full hp.

Game play is to keep on the move, spam Miasma as stun and Regenerative Molt for heals. Even without any power strength it is good enough. Use cover, use stun to focus and eliminate the biggest threat first and try not to get hit by Nulies. They won't 1 shot you before 40 but QT might stagger you and then rest of mobs have an easy job.

Regenerative molt is your key to keep your Vastos and Boltor in your loadout. Vaykor Marelok and Burston P, while nice as aoe dmg/kill boost from time to time, activate to seldom to keep a frame such as Saryn topped up, frame that will inevitably take damage often due to lack of prolonged CC.

unfortunately the problem with saryn is she has no ability to scale

she does no damage to high level enemies once they have scaled to a certain level and can not crowd control them or avoid and mitigate them its just the hard truth of the situation for saryn 

I understand she isn't the greatest, she is just an old stand-by I refuse to just toss by the wayside. She has a stun, and she has viral procs, but her stun's base range is awful, and the venom spores don't always pop when shot, making her one ability that does scale clunky. Also if molt more reliably pulled aggro and had at least 1 second of invulnerability maybe it would do something lategame.

I just try to make it work best I can really.

You could try exchanging Quick Thinking or Streamline for the Molt Augment. The health regen is decent and doesn't require you to come within an inch of death to activate (since you can cast it whenever you want), combined with Rage it basically means you can infinitely cast Molt and sustain your energy and health, and as an added bonus you get a decoy to briefly distract and poison enemies. Still best to use in tandem with taking cover though.

Putting Life Strike on the Dual Ichors is also strongly recommended. Fast attack speed + high crit chance + Contagion means you can probably rack up some decent health values. Alternatively, any weapon that can knock down a bunch of enemies and leave them open to a finisher is great for health restoration as well.

You could try exchanging Quick Thinking or Streamline for the Molt Augment. The health regen is decent and doesn't require you to come within an inch of death to activate (since you can cast it whenever you want), combined with Rage it basically means you can infinitely cast Molt and sustain your energy and health, and as an added bonus you get a decoy to briefly distract and poison enemies. Still best to use in tandem with taking cover though.

Putting Life Strike on the Dual Ichors is also strongly recommended. Fast attack speed + high crit chance + Contagion means you can probably rack up some decent health values. Alternatively, any weapon that can knock down a bunch of enemies and leave them open to a finisher is great for health restoration as well.

As the OP noted, Molt doesn't do a very good job of distracting enemies. That seems to have gotten worse with the last patch as well. I did a 45 min survival the other day and every time I put down a Molt, it'd aggro maybe 1-2 enemies at a time? The rest would still keep trying to shoot us.

Did you try the sentinel Shade or a Kubrow with CC abilities? The Mutalist Quanta can buy you some cover and proc radiation, causing enemies to clump together and attack each other.

I would forgo trying to make her a CC frame and go full out damage. Bring a long range energy weapon to kill the nullifiers from a distance and copter to escape as fast as possible if you're not far away enough. Since you got a max steel fiber, having lifestrike wouldn't hurt either.

As the OP noted, Molt doesn't do a very good job of distracting enemies. That seems to have gotten worse with the last patch as well. I did a 45 min survival the other day and every time I put down a Molt, it'd aggro maybe 1-2 enemies at a time? The rest would still keep trying to shoot us.

I meant that as more of an of icing on the cake which is the health regen itself. But that said decoy aggro is definitely wonky can could afford to be improved.

I agree with this^

Having done a few runs today solo, molt only was useful when I was hit with a slash proc.

I have not played Saryn for a good while before today, but done a 20 min run on Palus in regards to testing for another thread, had it not been for the life strike I'm afraid things would've got messy, real quick.

In regards to the OP, the burston Prime with the gilded truth syndicate mod is IMO awesome for solo duo survival play nice HP buff too from truth, when procced. Life strike, I feel naked without it, a must have IMO (unless running low level stuff)

For the Saryn Fans.

PbiOSM6.jpg

I meant that as more of an of icing on the cake which is the health regen itself. But that said decoy aggro is definitely wonky can could afford to be improved.

The problem is not being able to maintain health if I take a few heavy hits. Nullifiers can outright gib me if they get so much as one good shot off. Molts don't seem to distract them too much, and they get an open second or two while im trying to pop their bubble where I'm not behind cover casting miasma, or ninja flipping around. If need be, I normally just drop a restore when I take near lethal damage, so I'm normally full hp, or very close, all the time.

I agree with this^

Having done a few runs today solo, molt only was useful when I was hit with a slash proc.

I have not played Saryn for a good while before today, but done a 20 min run on Palus in regards to testing for another thread, had it not been for the life strike I'm afraid things would've got messy, real quick.

In regards to the OP, the burston Prime with the gilded truth syndicate mod is IMO awesome for solo duo survival play nice HP buff too from truth, when procced. Life strike, I feel naked without it, a must have IMO (unless running low level stuff)

For the Saryn Fans.

PbiOSM6.jpg

I'm not sure exactly how viable the burston prime is in terms of longer runs, but I have been considering getting one just to see for myself. The burst and sustained dps numbers are not very good, but its damage per shot looks strong, as does its status chance, so perhaps this is one of those cases where it looks bad on paper but works in practice. I'm on the fence about that one, but I can see what I need to make one. It doesn't take that much forma either way.

Also cool Saryn lol. Most recolor's I've seen are pretty awful, but that's pretty dope. Mine is default. I only recolor stuff I think looks bad... like Frost Prime...

225px-WindsofPurity.png

Totally OP for health regen. Also happens to be an excellent weapon for popping spores. Anything health-cycling's best friend.

Also I'd suggest looking into Venom builds for longer gameplay; works surprisingly well, especially with the augment to boost teammate damage significantly. It actually works best without 4x CP, as once you have that people start to bring Virally equipped weapons along, but it's still a much more reliable proc than most weapon choices.

Regenerative Molt have a diference use than the normal molt, the RM you put behind a wall or behind cover and you go for your enemies cause it will heal 100 per second and when you are full use again to proc viral, is diferent from the vanila Molt that you use to atract aggro.

Well to be honest with you in my opinions your builds are wrong in every possible way. Steel fiber will give you absolutely nothing after 40min on your t4 surv! Its a waste of mod slots and thats it. Personaly i run for survivability with vitality, primed flow, rage and QT.other than that is fleeting, streamline, TF and BR R7.

And i totaly agree with Darzk "Winds of purity" works perfect i every possible way.

After 40 min most of the frames in game will be one shot chickens, the thing is you have to be in movement allvthe time, Saryn is not frame for staying and shoting. Use coptering to change positions, use covers.avoid cross fire

From my testing, a lv65 Nullifier takes 4 shots to kill you with just Vitality and Steel Fiber (and mine aren't even maxed).

Also it appears they're using Snipetrons rather than Lankas. Lightning Rod doesn't do a damn thing...

Best way to deal with them seems to just stay on the move, get close to them, when you see an opportunity slide attack in there and whack them. They're not very good at hitting a moving target.

225px-WindsofPurity.png

Totally OP for health regen. Also happens to be an excellent weapon for popping spores. Anything health-cycling's best friend.

Also I'd suggest looking into Venom builds for longer gameplay; works surprisingly well, especially with the augment to boost teammate damage significantly. It actually works best without 4x CP, as once you have that people start to bring Virally equipped weapons along, but it's still a much more reliable proc than most weapon choices.

I must try this mod^

Keep forgetting :(

I'm not sure exactly how viable the burston prime is in terms of longer runs, but I have been considering getting one just to see for myself.

Burston P is excellent. It is my most used weapon. It is good for late game as well, as long as there is 4 x Cp. Even with 0 Cp, it won't start to falloff before 45-50 minutes. Augment is also great, I never take it off. However in this scenario, it won't help you enough to keep your health up. It takes about 3 forma minimum or 5 forma to max out.

Burston P is excellent. It is my most used weapon. It is good for late game as well, as long as there is 4 x Cp. Even with 0 Cp, it won't start to falloff before 45-50 minutes. Augment is also great, I never take it off. However in this scenario, it won't help you enough to keep your health up. It takes about 3 forma minimum or 5 forma to max out.

I've been using the burston prime a lot too lately, tried it with the max heavy cal and it was ****,

I prefer to land my headshots personally, which the burston is awesome at.

my build if anyones interested, (may not be the best, but its mine) open to feedback.

XexHVEB.jpg

I've been using the burston prime a lot too lately, tried it with the max heavy cal and it was ****,

my build if anyones interested, (may not be the best, but its mine) open to feedback.

XexHVEB.jpg

XexHVEB.jpg

U lost a lit of dmg on this build. I use max heavy and didn't notice a big problems. Why headshot with not crit weapons?

XexHVEB.jpg

Honestly, without heavy caliber, its damage is not very impressive. I would prefer the most raw damage possible. Even with 1 dual stat, its proc chance is pretty good.

Honestly, without heavy caliber, its damage is not very impressive. I would prefer the most raw damage possible. Even with 1 dual stat, its proc chance is pretty good.

I see, I will take your suggestion on board when I get back on, thank you for the advice.

I'll be sure to make a new thread, as to not derail yours any further, hopefully gain more insight

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

Well to be honest with you in my opinions your builds are wrong in every possible way. Steel fiber will give you absolutely nothing after 40min on your t4 surv! Its a waste of mod slots and thats it. Personaly i run for survivability with vitality, primed flow, rage and QT.other than that is fleeting, streamline, TF and BR R7.

And i totaly agree with Darzk "Winds of purity" works perfect i every possible way.

After 40 min most of the frames in game will be one shot chickens, the thing is you have to be in movement allvthe time, Saryn is not frame for staying and shoting. Use coptering to change positions, use covers.avoid cross fire

My original build was made long before the advent of primed flow. Also, assuming max energy, qt offers about 1000hp, which redirection and steel fiber come close to offering in tandem (assuming vit in both builds). I think i would need all 4 to maximize my raw effective health the most. Because of her high base hp, armor actually boosts her hp more than you might think. If qt/primed flow is enough to break 40-45mins on its own, i would be a bit suprised. I normally hit a wall at 40 with saryn, but i can sometimes cheese it to 45 if i had a good early start.

I see, I will take your suggestion on board when I get back on, thank you for the advice.

I'll be sure to make a new thread, as to not derail yours any further, hopefully gain more insight

Its all good, it was brought up, so i think its fair game to talk about it.

225px-WindsofPurity.png

Does that mod work on the dex furis or no?