Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Blueprints, Old Weapons, All Alloy Plates

matrixEXO

I mean it. Alloy Plates are almost as scarce as it can get without insane grinding and you want us to use 300+ Alloy Plates onto all the old weapons? Snipetron 450, Burston 300, Boar 550, Latron 350, Bronco 300. Anyone else feels that this just got insane?

I would just like to say that the Burston would never be worth 300 alloy in my book. That and alloy plate is not an easy grind. At best, I'll get about 50-70 on a Kappa run. For weapons like the Hek and the Boltor, I'm more than willing to do the grind, but these oldies are not worth the craft to me.

EXACTLY. it's no longer worth it to pick up a new gun unless you want the mastery, or you KNOW it's gonna be good (like the hek, gorgon, braton, etc)

The problem is that newer players wont know to avoid those guns in lieu of better options, unless they ask. Alloy plate is certainly not an easily accessible material for newcomers.

The problem is that newer players wont know to avoid those guns in lieu of better options, unless they ask. Alloy plate is certainly not an easily accessible material for newcomers.

That's also part of the reason I'm putting it in the feedback section. Another is because of the insanely slow farm rate UNLESS U8 entails high alloy plate drop farm sector (and still reachable for lvls 20+).. Otherwise, the numbers are just insane.

I mean it. Alloy Plates are almost as scarce as it can get without insane grinding and you want us to use 300+ Alloy Plates onto all the old weapons? Snipetron 450, Burston 300, Boar 550, Latron 350, Bronco 300. Anyone else feels that this just got insane?

Were getting #*($%%@.

DE STOP @(*()$ US

I, too, feel the material grind is a little ridiculous.

Especially when all you get is Ferrite, Ferrite, Ferrite, Ferrite, Ferrite out of any system where Ferrite can drop, that's ALL YOU FREAKING GET.

Kill a boss? Ferrite. Open a container? Ferrite.

In systems where Polymer Bundles can drop? Yup, Polymer Bundles all the way.

And see that Glaive? There's no reason why a glaive should take 50x the materials a gun takes to make, lol. That's just stupid. The Glaive takes 10 times the amount of Morphics it took me to make my Cronus? lol? It takes 5,000 Ferrite (where most items needing Ferrite take 500)? 4500 nano spores?

Yeah, pure ridiculousness.

We need a tweak to how crafting materials drop. I am tired of killing bosses and seeing the most common resources drop time, and time, and time again. Killed Hek? Have some Rubedo you can get anywhere. Killed Vor? FERRITE! MOAR FERRITE! Killed Jackal? Here, have some Circuits.

I personally think all guns should require far more grinding to get... all I would ask is that they give us some more interesting grinds. Doing Kappa over and over leaves a little to be desired. The game is all about grinding (I mean really, what are you planning to do once you max everything out?), the only question ever is 'how fun is the grind'.

I was disappointed that I had two maxed out warframes and most of the good weapons in my first two weeks of the game. It should take more than a week of playing a game before you can farm all of the bosses... if you ask me.

Edited by Emotitron

I personally think all guns should require far more grinding to get... all I would ask is that they give us some more interesting grinds. Doing Kappa over and over leaves a little to be desired. The game is all about grinding (I mean really, what are you planning to do once you max everything out?), the only question ever is 'how fun is the grind'.

I was disappointed that I had two maxed out warframes and most of the good weapons in my first two weeks of the game. It should take more than a week of playing a game before you can farm all of the bosses... if you ask me.

The problem is, doing mission after mission after mission and not seeing what you need drop is complete crap.

It is not fun, at all.

I need TEN morphics for the Glaive alone. Ten.

You wanna know how many times I had to kill Captain Vor to get ONE Morphics? ONE? There are times I kill him 3-4 times in a row and not see a single one.

There was a day I was really bored and I went through all the Mercury Missions. Didn't see a single Morphics.

And I need TEN of the stinking things?

That's not even looking at the 4500 Nano Spores. Ugh. Just shoot me now.

Should see Skana, requires Salvage all the way to Jupiter. This is madness!

LOL Really?

The Cronus looks the same, does MORE damage than the Skana, but is EASIER to make than the Skana? WUT?

The problem is, doing mission after mission after mission and not seeing what you need drop is complete crap.

It is not fun, at all.

You wanna know how many times I had to kill Captain Vor to get ONE Morphics? ONE? There are times I kill him 3-4 times in a row and not see a single one.

There was a day I was really bored and I went through all the Mercury Missions. Didn't see a single Morphics.

Morphics was never an issue. I have 130 morphics and most, if not all, were from container drops.

It is not fun, at all.

Keep in mind, that is more a function of the game just not having that much to drop for you - without giving it all up. The game needs WAY more content and way more ways to mod things. Without that, increasing drops just rushes people along to the current brickwall ending of "Nothing more to do".

I wish people would demand more content, rather than stuff. More content would solve so many problems.

Some of the posts here are getting too over the top. Yes, this was likely a bad decision IMO, and yes it will decrease the number of different weapons we see, but it is not that big of a deal.

EDIT;

I wish people would demand more content, rather than stuff. More content would solve so many problems.

But more content takes a lot longer to make. Less realistic to expect it any time soon. Albeit each new thing wanted slows down the creation of other content...

Edited by liavalenth

Some of the posts here are getting too over the top. Yes, this was likely a bad decision IMO, and yes it will decrease the number of different weapons we see, but it is not that big of a deal.

This post ought to serve as a warning if they ever decide to make a dojo room cost 400k Alloy Plates.

Edited by matrixEXO

It is not fun, at all.

Open containers & sports lockers on Mars, I think I got around 4 Morphics from boxes in one run. Really bummed I didn't buy all the cheap credit only weapons now. That's kind of a disappointment as I see no reason to farm that much alloy plate for a weapon that was once 12,000 credit Burston, unless it all of a sudden got a fantastic buff.

Why did we get a buff to earning credits so that we could have everything multiply in price? Guess I don't have to buy plat for weapon slots and blue potatoes now, since it takes me forever to farm alloy plate to build stuff.

Can't say as I'm all that excited about this patch, which I've never have had to say that before. I also regret getting a friend into this game recently as he won't be able to get into the weapons any time soon. Hopefully this gets balanced to be more favorable for newer players fairly soon (fingers crossed).

Edited by BlueEden

EDIT;

But more content takes a lot longer to make. Less realistic to expect it any time soon. Albeit each new thing wanted slows down the creation of other content...

I don't buy that really though. Tossing up some new tilesets for the mobile defense and endless defense maps would go a long way alone.  They already have more mods in the works, but they really need to quadruple the diversity of mods - which the community would be more than happen to help them dream up.

Edited by Emotitron