Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Nerf Is.. Well, Pretty Dumb.

nyiinx

Yeah let's ignore a glitch that gives double-damage to a frame and then "balance" said frame around this glitch.

My only question is - why the hell did this happen? I'm sure DE know about this glitch because it's there since the beginning. What's the reason to not fix it? I'm really curious.

My only question is - why the hell did this happen? I'm sure DE know about this glitch because it's there since the beginning. What's the reason to not fix it? I'm really curious.

Because Banshee is hard to get, and therefore people aware of this glitch are very few, because their warning calls are drowned by the constant whining of people who got outscored on Kappa by an Off-Host Banshee.

Every single "nerf Sound Quake" thread I have seen so far was made by low level people who had no idea this glitch even existed.

Also, it's easier to change values (-2 meters range, -25 total damages, which are both irrelevant as long as the glitch exists.) than a netcode/coding error.

Edited by GeistHeller

Because Banshee is hard to get, and therefore people aware of this glitch are very few, because their warning calls are downed by the constant whining of people who got outscored on Kappa by an Off-Host Banshee.

Every single "nerf Sound Quake" thread I have seen so far was made by low level people who had no idea this glitch even existed.

And yet, by all this *@##$ing and moaning, you would think that there was no way that after any bugs or problems are found/fixed that de somewhere said that they will never buff anything.

It's like, you know if its to weak it will be buffed.... And if its to good it will be brought in line they are not mutually exclusive as this seems to imply. If they fix a damage bug that causes this skill to not complete her kit than they will buff it.

Edited by Judopunch

It's like, you know if its to weak it will be buffed.... And if its to good it will be brought in line they are not mutually exclusive as this seems to imply. If they fix a damage bug that causes this skill to not complete her kit than they will buff it.

All attempts to buff/nerf/balance Sound Quake in any way will be rendered useless as long as this glitch exists.

If you buff it, by the slightest margin, the glitch makes it overpowered.

if you nerf it, only the most drastic of nerfs (at least 50% reduced damage) would have any impact whatsoever because of the glitch.

That's what I'm complaining about. I don't care about nerfs/buffs as long as they are justified. But in this situation, both are useless&uncalled for because the root of the problem is not treated.

I'm starting to think that this patch was a very dumb idea in general. It started with server problems, got delayed, but since they hyped us with Vauban they just could not back down. And now this )game is just swimming in bugs. Banshee is fcked, Rhino is even more, Vauban doesn't even work half of the time and so on and so on. And DE just leaves for the weekend so no hotfixes. This is why you don't patch at friday.

You don't break the game and leave.

Sorry, but I don't get it... what's the difference between being a host Banshee and a non-host Banshee? And what's this I-frame?

I haven't played Banshee before this nerf, but that's not needed to say that Sound Quake can be compared to a suicide. Is there a glitch that makes it OP? Ok, fix it, but don't screw up the ability/power/skill.

When you are off-host, Sound Quake will hit twice as much (up to 8-10 hits per enemy.) as when you are hosting because of a glitch. All the "overpowered" complaints about SQ were born from this issue, which DE has not fixed.

I-frame = Invulnerability Frame, amount of time you are invulnerable when using an ability.

So basically, the current nerfs solved absolutely nothing, they made everything worse.

On-host Sound Quake was already mediocre, it's now terrible.

Off-host Sound Quake still destroys everything.

As long as this glitch is alive, it is impossible to balance SQ correctly.

Edited by GeistHeller

Ohh, thanks man! By the way, what's the point of lvling her abilities if the effects of the abilities won't get better if not maxed out? You may say "max it out then!", and I say "ok, I will, but when you lvl up something, it should get slightly better than before every new/higher lvl...".

And why doesn't Sound Quake stagger Infested?
I think Banshee doesn't need invincibility while casting abilities (neither any frame, but needs to be thought about). What about this: Sound Quake creates sound waves around Banshee. What does that mean? Anything affected by these waves (ANY enemies, bullets, objects and whatever) should get hit/staggered/stunned/broken. BUT, if a Shockwave Moa, for exemple, is not in range of Sound Quake and you are in range of its shockwave, you should be affected when it casts it (or not, I'm thinking about real life physics and I'm not sure about that). But what I mean is, if something is not affected by sound waves in real life, it shouldn't be in game, and consequently should hit you. What are your thoughts?

(PS OFFTOPIC: have you checked this video?

Pay attention to the guy's suggestion for a possible alternative Sound Quake sound! It's amazing!)

Edited by Infrared

Wherever I used SQ today, be it behind cover or not, I would die before my shade would have time to cloak me. (On Sedna, for the record) In addition, it didn't manage to kill anything but some rollers and cameras WITH maxed SQ and half way maxed power strength mod. The damage on-host/solo is broken and unusable. It's not worth the energy. I can get more done running around the room with my sword like an idiot tanking the damage than using SQ.

just a random note but....

the fact that I havent seen a DE post a reply to any forum thread I've read makes me think that they don't even read our feedback...

Just a thought.

I feel like this is like Jeb with Minecraft except worse. All new features and no bug fixes (But he's getting kinda better with it. With the help of DinnerBone).

just a random note but....

the fact that I havent seen a DE post a reply to any forum thread I've read makes me think that they don't even read our feedback...

Just a thought.

I feel like this is like Jeb with Minecraft except worse. All new features and no bug fixes (But he's getting kinda better with it. With the help of DinnerBone).

They claim that they're reading and they just don't have time to reply to anyone. I can relate to that.

The Banshee quake was the  "I can survive Stalker" Button, but now, the removal of this is silly. You can't DO anything while in sound quake but channel the ability. and sit there and hope to god things get staggered. Rhino is a legit ajustment. you can run around, shoot, stand there and give no fu*s. It's still GOOD but it doesn't make you super man. Banshee's is like "What? why would you take this out of a channeled, extremely vunerable ult?..." It shouldn't be affected by armor, it's sound waves. if anything, and due to science and reverberation, it would do MORE damage to armored targets. Makes no sense to me.