Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question. Why Is Vauban Cheaper Then Ash And Frost.?

pdxdubin

"General consensus of the community"  

When the pricing of Vauban was determined.  The sleazy individual that went into the game and typed the price in made a typo.

Inadvertently hitting "3" instead of "4"

Originally Vauban was supposed to be 400 platinum, but because of a grave typo is now 300.

To this individual we have one thing to say.

wCJQitj.jpg

=D

Take this thread lightly now :P

Edited by pdxdubin

If you're going off on the whole alert reward for Vauban's BP, you need to keep up to date with the posts, it's already been stated that the alert system will be looked at and 2 of the BPs will be as "common" as Artifacts, one will simply be a slightly more "rarer", maybe like a potato or around there.

If you're going off on the whole alert reward for Vauban's BP, you need to keep up to date with the posts, it's already been stated that the alert system will be looked at and 2 of the BPs will be as "common" as Artifacts, one will simply be a slightly more "rarer", maybe like a potato or around there.

DE confirmed that it will be more common than a potato

The Law of Demand states that quantity demanded of Vauban is inversely related to its price.

Considering the only alternative to acquiring Vauban is to wait for the alerts which can take an extremely long time.

By not lowering its price given the unconfirmed fact that most people do not find the warframes cheap and only a small number buys them with Plat,

this may result in very few players actually owning the frame in the period between its release to the period where all its 4 blueprints have shown up on alerts.

There is thus a wastage of resources in creating this frame since few people use it and possible jealousy and unwanted emotions may arise from the rest of the players who do not own them.

In other words, by lowering the price, the number of problems caused by people who are unable to own it in the period is reduced by making it more accessible to the Plat users.

OR

It is a typo. Probably meant to be 400 but "3" was pressed.

DE confirmed that it will be more common than a potato

Even more the reason for others complaining about the drops -_- they'll probably be able to be gathered in a week or so, not bad considering it's a new frame, still easier to acquire than Banshee but of course, totally different, one you must grind, the other you must wait and stay alert...

Honestly, people need to take the time to read patch notes before they start spouting off random accusations, recriminations and condemnations.

I quote:

Our Marketplace Weapon Pricing has received an overhaul. The Weapon Prices have been the same since Closed Beta, and now that we have grown, we are going to balance the pricing of our gear. An End-Goal of this is also to eventually include Platinum to Credit Bundles.

Now, note that it mentions the end goal? And that they are now going to balance the pricing of the gear?

At what point does that state or suggest to anyone that they are done yet?

I'm quite certain more steps are to be undertaken and adjusted but couldn't all be in for the pre-8 update. The fact that Vauban as the new frame on the block is costed less than existing warframes is a VERY strong indicator that more prices are going to be adjusted. This pass was mostly the credit and blueprint conversion pass, clearly. Converting more things into the blueprint arena was prudent for numerous reasons, not least of which making the foundry more integral and giving use to building materials.

How does anyone know if blueprints won't be more useful when we have Dojo based research options? We don't. We don't know that they will, either.

This patch was stated up front as a partial implementation of a lot of sweeping features. And the post clearly suggests more market attention is pending. We know more stuff is coming into the game in the next week.

Perhaps we should wait to see where the market prices shake out before panic and aggression become the order of the day?

A few vocal posters have demonstrated a compelling desire to be malcontents for the sheer melodrama of it of late, making much of hyperbole and impassioned statements of wrong doing rather than intelligently examine the situation. These are tools of rhetoric used when you don't really have a good or valid point.

I for one am going to continue to argue a far more rational approach is warranted and I trust that people see such posturings for what they are.

Yeah lets discuss fun stuff like the pointless Rhino nerf.

Which only affects the Rhino users, which I never was, to me Rhino was alright, but I had more fun with Frost, or Banshee, and now Vauban is loads of fun to be using atm : D