Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Quick Pvp Ability-Related Questions

HalfDarkShadow

Question

Hey guys!

Since pretty much the inception of Conclave, I've been pretty much been having a blast with! Especially with the recent update, it's great to have some more options as in game modes, weapons, frames, etc. It's pretty much my go-to when I've done my daily Standing and leveling different things, and when I want some more down time but still in the mood to play, it's where I go lol.

From there, I've been basically experimenting on different frames to see which one's I'm more comfortable and enjoy playing with, which right now has been Nyx Prime and Chroma. So with both of them I'm a bit confused on some of their abilities, as I've been googling around but I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for that's definitive, so if anyone can help me out with a few of my questions that would be great!

1. So right now I've been having the most success with Nyxie and is as now for me the most fun frame to play in Conclave so far; so in regards to her two abilities Mind Control and Chaos:

- How do these abilities specifically work? What does the player(s) I use these abilities on do they visually and mechanically experience? I haven't had any Nyx players, and if there was, either they focused on their gun play, or occasionally use their 2nd ability. I will say I do know something happens, as they seem to either run off very oddly or just can't seem to fight back properly/accurately.

- With her 3rd ability Chaos, I've noticed that If I have a few people under that ability, occasionally I'll get a confirmed kill when I'm not fighting them or I'm not really near them at all. Is it when they die while under Chaos I get the kill for it regardless if I was the player who killed them or a teamate or is something along the lines of they see the enemy symbol above other teammates heads which enables some-sort of friendly fire, or something like that? I've been trying to pay attention to see what happens, but due to the fast-pace-action of this game, it's really hard to keep track of those players, especially if I'm being shot at or something.

2. In regards to Chroma:

- I'm not entirely sure how his second ability Elemental Ward works in Conclave. Since I don't believe as of now elements are implemented in the game modes to some extent. I do know depending on what element/energy colour you have on, there are different offensive/defensive passive boosts applied (i.e. when its Heat, there's a +100 damage boost, +10% status chance, and 200% health boost). Since I figure alot of it currently isn't implemented (i.e. health boost, shield boost, etc), do any of the minor boosts apply in Conclave? and if so, I'd figure it would be scaled down to fit within Conclave, are there currently any specific numbers available by how much each passive on each element is increased by?

Anyway if any of these questions have obvious answers to (like if it's on the wiki page for example), please feel free to provide me a link! Because I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in the forums/patch notes, wiki, search engines, etc. But regardless, if anyone could answer even just one of the questions that would be extremely helpful!

Thank you so much again!

Cheers! (:

4 answers to this question

Elemental Ward causes the melee damage (but not guns) dealt from your enemies to be reflected back to them. Use Ward and bait that Gram-wielding guy to melee you and watch him one-shotting himself. --You yourself still take melee damage though.

Also the flame/ice/toxin/electricity aura does some damage to your enemy but I'm not sure of their exact damage number. Toxin damage bypasses shield though.

Don't know about any stat boost to you by Ward. If any at all, it's pretty minor and I couldn't notice it.

Edited by elele

Mind Control makes it so the effected target sees everyone as friendlies. Chaos is the opposite in were everyone shows up as enemies for the effected targets. If a player gets a kill on their teammate when they are effected by either you get the kill.

I don't play Chroma so I can't say anything on that.

1. So right now I've been having the most success with Nyxie and is as now for me the most fun frame to play in Conclave so far; so in regards to her two abilities Mind Control and Chaos:

- How do these abilities specifically work? What does the player(s) I use these abilities on do they visually and mechanically experience? I haven't had any Nyx players, and if there was, either they focused on their gun play, or occasionally use their 2nd ability. I will say I do know something happens, as they seem to either run off very oddly or just can't seem to fight back properly/accurately.

- With her 3rd ability Chaos, I've noticed that If I have a few people under that ability, occasionally I'll get a confirmed kill when I'm not fighting them or I'm not really near them at all. Is it when they die while under Chaos I get the kill for it regardless if I was the player who killed them or a teamate or is something along the lines of they see the enemy symbol above other teammates heads which enables some-sort of friendly fire, or something like that? I've been trying to pay attention to see what happens, but due to the fast-pace-action of this game, it's really hard to keep track of those players, especially if I'm being shot at or something.

Enemies affected by either of these two abilities will receive no visual indicator, however everyone becomes marked as an enemy and friendly fire is enabled. This causes the enemy to sometimes shoot each other resulting in the kills you see popping up.

Wrong and ninja'd. Oh well.

Can't help with Chroma im afraid.

Edited by DeMonkey

Ahh thanks for the quick answers guys! I was curious for a while now how Nyx's abilities worked~

And no worries about Chroma if you don't know! I might check the patchnotes back during U15 when Chroma was released, to see if there's anything in regards to it. I don't recall it did, but it eh, wouldn't hurt to double check lol.

Thanks again! (: