Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Nerfframe] Who's Next On Your List?

OoKeNnEtHoO

And now we have discussions on how Ember has better stats for survival than Rhino too.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46710-rhino-vs-ember-durability-analysis/#entry474061

and suggestions/nerfs for other frames

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46374-a-few-suggestions-on-certain-powers/

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Vauban can jump too. Jumping IMBA pls nerf.

My Warframe has an ability, that no other warframe has because it's unique. Time to nerf it.

Yup but they probably will wait till a later time before they nerf Vauban since he is Plat exclusive, for the time being, until his BP starts popping up in alerts.

Probably will nerf super jump before nerfing Vauban's Bounce.

My bet's still on Trinity though.

EDIT: Ok..Latest nerf thread is Vauban. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46798-vauban-feedback/

We'll wait and see if he gets nerfed.

Damn, this video makes me feel like getting Vauban

Got 500 Plat leftover sitting there but I'm worried if he will still be good after his nerf.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I'm a Rank 8 player, hate PVE nerf cycle very much. Are people trying to choking all frames back to human level?

Better back to Counter Strike era? =/

PVE, all we want is fun!

Warframe is beyond difficult though, nerfing isn't a solution. Give us hard core enemy!

For instance, the nearest issue, Iron Skin nerfed. It better be tune instead of nerf.

if DE ripped something on him better give him something back instead. Why not plus superarmour(unstaggerable) to make him a real TANK?!

Devs said there will be new skills for frames, then a bad ideas pop up!

Nerf the old skills, buff the new skills... nerf the old skills, buff the new skills...

I can foresee that day is coming.

Nyx:

Psycho Blot

then smart missile by pass walls

now all knifes fly toward to ground (broken program)

Chaos

Oh! That's what we know as cool down, it happens!

Ash:

Shiuraken

then 500, head shot 1000

now 450 (increased in fire rate but still inaccurate)

Blade Storm

then a whole room slaughter

now claim maximum 12 but usually 3 (broken program)

Volt:

Overload

then the field expands very large rang, a continuous dmg deal about 230x3 at 20lv mob

now very restricted range with a poor dmg, no use without electronic devices

Trinity:

then Link and Energy Vampire was nerfed too much, was buffed back to used to be

now they reconsidering re-nerf. 

Excaliber:

Always buffing but Im alright with him, cuz all frames should buff to his practical level!!!

Slash Dash Lv1 win Rhino Charge LV Max

Skill 4

then non AP

now AP with more dmg per sword and number

Mag:

Famous crush nerf

Left with other 3 skills always useless.

If sonic bomb push multiple target deal dmg, a pull cost 25?

Frost

Have very good overall performance then other frame's users show up and attack him.

Banshee

Not very funny frame but aim for silent approach is just fine. Don't nerf.

Syrn

Skill 4 tuned fine, but Moult 

Ember:

I don't wanna talk about her. Just because she use fire I didnt sold her yet.

Fire manipulator can be a hell of fun, why this?

Loki:

Don't touch him.

They are for DIFFERENT purpose, why comparing?

Advice is important but listen to your heart DE, spaceninja should be awesome!

Once upon a time, there was a father and a son bringing a donkey to town for sell.

First, they both walk on foot to lead the donkey. People laugh on them "Idiot, why don't they ride on the donkey?"

Father let the son rides on the donkey. People criticize the son should pay respect to his father.

Father on the donkey and his son walks then. Well, people said father is cruel to his own blood.

Smart father figured out the best solution. They are both riding on the donkey, satisfyingly, so above reproach.

The donkey was exhausted and sicked that night. Eventually, they losed it the next day.

Edited by Disthe

They are for DIFFERENT purpose, why comparing?

This^^^

Been trying to bring this point across to people on this forums from a long time.

The view should not be frame vs frame, skill vs skill, stats vs stats comparison.

It should have all along been Tenno vs Enemies comparison.

You want challenge?

Get some better enemies then and no I don't mean in terms of their stats. I mean in terms of AI and engagement techniques. No point nerfing everything when your modded items still one shot all the bullet sponges the enemies have to offer.

Where are the enemies that can kill you if you make a slight mistake on the timing of the dodge/block (they need to rework these 2 mechanics)?

Where are the enemies that you HAVE TO cooperate with each other in order to fight against?

Where are the enemies with immunities all over but a hidden weakspot somewhere like the Jackal?

Where are the enemies that sneak up on you and scare the living daylights out of you for not paying attention?

There are so many coop games out there with better enemies that can be studied and copied and there's no point churning out tons of new frames and weapons every update if the opposition that we are using these items against just plain suck &#!.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

All of them.

With more prime versions coming out and taking center stage, one polarity slot and a little shields/armor won't be enough to make people cry about not having them at first, but it's also not enough to be compelling. Thus after the launch with only a reasonable amount of increase vs the base model It's only a matter of time before you start seeing patch notes nerfing the frames one by one but saying 'prime version is not affected by this change' as a disclaimer... 

Once the game is established and 30/30 items using 60/60 mod slots are taken for granted, the gear progression and rank progression towards prime stuff will replace the old level progression. More polarity slots = more mods to max/combine to keep the mod progression going.

All of them.

With more prime versions coming out and taking center stage, one polarity slot and a little shields/armor won't be enough to make people cry about not having them at first, but it's also not enough to be compelling. Thus after the launch with only a reasonable amount of increase vs the base model It's only a matter of time before you start seeing patch notes nerfing the frames one by one but saying 'prime version is not affected by this change' as a disclaimer... 

Once the game is established and 30/30 items using 60/60 mod slots are taken for granted, the gear progression and rank progression towards prime stuff will replace the old level progression. More polarity slots = more mods to max/combine to keep the mod progression going.

Yup, all will be nerfed but who's first?

I'm guessing Trinity is next. Rhino got the smackdown (a little too hard I think) but it was needed. I could march through any mission without effort. Trinity with her energy drain and redirect is an even more powerful combo, especially vs bosses. She can't die if played right. Ever. A frame needs a weakness and making their key traits too energy expensive makes them useless for the most part. So something has to give, and my guess is the ammount of energy siphoned and/or removing perfect invulnerability. My guess is that before the dev team say the game is "done" every frame will be neither stronger or weaker than any other frame in any mission type, but all having that feel of uniqueness. It's going to be a hard line to dance but I think they can do it. After Trinity I say Vaubin and his troll spring of ultimate pit launching, or Saryn's poison/glaive combo (which can hit for over 800 damage with all elemental mods and charge damage maxed) IF I calculated it correctly. I calculated it with elemental bonus on base charge damage, not after the bonus charge damage mod had beed applied.

Yup, all will be nerfed but who's first?

Fair. I did not really answer the original question.

I will put my money on Frost. Everyone prefers shield tanking because of the natural inclination to use your shields and then duck for cover and he's the shield tank with the impenetrable tank bubble that, like Rhino previously, allows him to let his shields recharge. If Rhino was OP for doing that then Frost certainly is for letting his whole team do it.

I expect to see Snow Globe turned into a % chance to block stuff, raising with mod level, and it will be sold to use by saying that it gives them 'control' over how much their team can shoot through it (since the bubble is neutral and blocks everyone the same) and creates variation in builds. Both of which are technically true, but it's still going to be a nerf because the capabilities balanced within that mechanic are all completely inferior to the current snow globe's free full shield recharge for anyone smart enough to step into it.

Think it might be good for people to know what they are doing by calling for nerfs because the game isn't challenging enough for them.

Maybe ask for better enemy AI and enemies next time?

As it stands, no matter how many times nerfs are applied, so long as you can dish out a certain level of DPS and have a certain level of Shields, HP and armor, you are still gonna beat the game 9 times out of 10.

Yes, you will still beat the game 9 times out of 10. That's the point. Nerfing isn't meant to make the game any harder to complete, the missions are generally designed to be beatable (except defense, but in that, extracting is still the intended result). It's meant to shift focus onto other strategies, instead of Iron Skin>Facetank the boss without even moving or doing anything apart from shooting. Iron Skin was nerfed because 95% of Rhino's strategy was simply Iron Skin, ditto for Soundquake and Banshee, Chaos was nerfed (fixed, actually) because it was way too effective in defense. The only mistake I see DE to have made is that they're currently not rebuffing the frames' other skills when this happens.

By this logic, I'm betting that the following nerfs will be:

Link- Definitely deserves it. It makes no sense for the medic class to be a more effective tank (after and even before the IS nerf). This will likely be a hard nerf or complete replacement.

Snow Globe- Although it does not offer the foolproof defense IS/Link does, I'll have to admit (even as a Frost player) that Snow Globe is too heavily weighted in Frost's arsenal, and is also a crutch that lets you reach much higher waves in defense than otherwise possible. Hopefully the nerf will be sensible and reduce the damage of attacks leaving the globe rather than letting incoming fire through in any capacity.

Superjump- Too cheap :P

they could add more enemies that have more unique traits to them and improve the enemy AI instead of nerfing everybody I've even posted a topic on AI problems

Precisely.

Doesn't matter how OP a skill is if new enemies and their AI has a way to counter it.

Just have to exercise imagination and stop creating UP bullet sponges.