Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

/unstuck: Remove The Reboot Requirement.

OricSharp

Literally every time I, running with two allies, spawn into the Orokin Derelict, one of us gets stuck in a wall if the spawn room is one of the ones built specifically for spawning in. I have made a bug report on the bug thread, but this is a somewhat separate issue, of course. I have made many /unstuck reports - after this post, my team will finish a mission, and I will make the eighth I can recall. Three or four of them occurred today. I am bloody sick of reporting 'Yeah, I got spawned into a wall' over and over, and really damn sick of rebooting my client to absolutely no avail.

Obviously, I'd like the reboot requirement/request to be made optional, and be able to tell the game to just straight-up leave me the hell alone about it.

There is a secondary suggestion regarding removing or reworking the dedicated spawn-rooms; spawns that occur in normally-occurring tileset bits seem to function just fine. It's only the rooms built specifically for spawning that have it happen.

Pretty sure they use the data of that mission to find out more than just "Yeah I got stuck" so that they can actually find a way to fix it

Pretty much this.

Also if you had the option to entirely opt out of it then almost everyone would do so which if it is required to get the correct data to them would lead to solving nothing.  And some issues may be caused by things such as client lag and such, basically a restart could help prevent some issues anyways.

Pretty sure they use the data of that mission to find out more than just "Yeah I got stuck" so that they can actually find a way to fix it

They can do this without forcing you to reboot - they can just accumulate data and transfer it when you quit the game. I lost alert today because of reboot enforcement.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Can confirm, the reboot is "Pointless" outside of them needing to skim the unstuck position logs.

You don't need to reboot the app on the PS4 version of Warframe before you can use /unstuck

>On this note, along with being able to use /unstuck without a relaunch, you should also be allowed to use /unstuck while running in solo mission mode. (The /unstuck feature thinks your not in a real mission when playing in solo mode)

Pretty sure the restart requirement is to start fresh, as in the same way you restart your phone when it bugs out, or your computer when it crashes, and then start it fresh to reduce the possibility that the error will cause more bugs. Programs can easily dump data/logs onto disk and send it to a server in the background, so there is nothing limiting them from doing this. Hell, the warframe client is constantly sending a lot of user data to keep it in sync with DE's servers. They just want you to start with a fresh client on your next mission.

Edited by nms64