Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should We Prepare?

notlamprey

Well then we become creatures of leisure, growing fat and boneless in our hoverchairs until the singularity and we upload ourselves into the internet.

I like this idea... I'll probably still walk and exercise, but a life of leisure sounds fuckin' awesome.

Someone's gotta build the robots (and the robots that build robots and so on) and someone has to fix them (or at least the ones that fix the others)

So we'll all become mechanics.

I like the sound of this purely cause it means the death of the stereotypical (and to a lesser extend the non-stereotypical) pro sports player.  Back to sports for fun in between fixing advanced robotics is how the future should be.  =)

(Really hope no-one takes particular offence to this; I mean this as opinion rather than some 'anti-jock' crusade)

How we should prepare? Prepare Uranus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But seriously, I know this video and I like it.
It won't happen suddenly, but gradually. Humans that live to work will die out. Humans that live to live will survive.

Theres really nothing to prepare. Do your thing.

Also: Robots won't kill us. Unless we keep telling them what to think and do.

Someone's gotta build the robots (and the robots that build robots and so on) and someone has to fix them (or at least the ones that fix the others)

So we'll all become mechanics.

Someone builds robots that build robots that fix robots. No more work for mechanics.

So long as the robots don't learn to program themselves, there'll always be work for us code monkeys. :)

Once they do, though... then it's not just programmers that are screwed

Start of every apocalypse movie including robots or AI.