Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Remeber The Old Days, Resources Come From Open Containers And Lockers, And Selling Bp For Creds

cary2010haha

On my part the atmosphere on closed beta warframe was better. Now the game is just... Bathing in light. There wasn't so much OP content in closed beta but I admit some of the changes are good but DE changed the atmosphere of the game too much.

The game didn't change, you did. It's the Dead Space Effect. Dead Space is scary and atmospheric the first time around, but not the third time around.

If you compare screenshots on the same graphics settings, the game is essentially identical. Barring PBR and actual geometry changes, it's hard to tell the difference. There are even tiles that haven't been changed at all in years. They just lose their impact when you've seen them 3498503980985 times. In some cases the game has even gotten darker, as the new lighting effects make dark areas much, much darker. 

The game didn't change, you did. It's the Dead Space Effect. Dead Space is scary and atmospheric the first time around, but not the third time around.

If you compare screenshots on the same graphics settings, the game is essentially identical. Barring PBR and actual geometry changes, it's hard to tell the difference. There are even tiles that haven't been changed at all in years. They just lose their impact when you've seen them 3498503980985 times. In some cases the game has even gotten darker, as the new lighting effects make dark areas much, much darker. 

it have change, the VX effect is much better before.

Particle effect can tell.

I never had to open lockers and explore rooms for resources. And I've never been low on any resources except for Cells and Ferrites or so, back in the days.

As for Boss runs, the only Boss everyone was running back in the days was Vor, to get the Cronus BP and sell it. And that was only untill like U8. With U8 came the T3 Void that gave 75k-100k credits per run...

Seems like we've experienced the game differently.

but at least we will return to boss map for BP's....................I love going back to the Hek map :P killing clones for new players

Ah yes...the good old days.

The days when boss drops were complete RNG on top of RNG. 

You could get something or nothing at all.

The days when we had very basic weapons with a very limited set of maps to go through

The days when bosses weren't very interesting (they still aren't, but they're getting better).

The days when the characters within the game weren't interesting at all.

The hell am I saying, the old days sucked.

The game is so much better now than it was then, but the powerfarming meta is rather sad.

I agree with him on both accounts.

I still have nightmares about plastid farming.

Ah yes...the good old days.

The days when boss drops were complete RNG on top of RNG. 

You could get something or nothing at all.

The days when we had very basic weapons with a very limited set of maps to go through

The days when bosses weren't very interesting (they still aren't, but they're getting better).

The days when the characters within the game weren't interesting at all.

The hell am I saying, the old days sucked.

Took me days to finally get the Rhino Systems BP, over 60 runs as a new player with S#&$ty mods, no serration, no mod ranks, nothing but excalibur.

...so am i the only that still run thief wit because i like to break all the containers?

Master thieving around isn't simply worth it nowadays, when you got a Kubrow that can break containers 90% of the time.

While still allowing you to keep up the bullet/power spam.

Primed Master Thief man.... No locker in existance would be safe.