Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

16.6 Conclave Changes

dmcAxle

Then I might as well go camping because getting those head shots is going to be alot easier up close then from a vantage point.

Please do. The most complaints about Daik is it's used in those cheap close quarter situations. If ppl only use it to one shot from a vantage point far away, few would complain.

Please do. The most complaints about Daik is it's used in those cheap close quarter situations. If ppl only use it to one shot from a vantage point far away, few would complain.

I think you misunderstand. I used to take Daikyu to a vantage point. Now I'm going to go camping in close quaters because getting a head shot using a weapon with travel and charge time is going to be much easier in close quaters.

I know what you're saying we could of abused this weapon because it could OHK no matter what.

What if we had distance dmg? In some pvp games snipers have a reverse fall off dmg. At a set distance the sniper rifle is OHK anything inside that distance will do less dmg the closer you get. Of course there is some leeway as you don't exactly have a measuring tape. However this is a fast paced game and there are many obstacles. So the distance may be smaller for certain weapons with travel time, or a charge.

This would also mean DE would have to distance ARs as well. So that people can't just open fire at a player across the map.

Now I'm going to go camping in close quaters 

Wouldn't have a problem with that as well. Snipers are all about finding a good spot and camping, as far as I'm concerned. 

Unfortunately I don't think this "camping in close quarters" strategy would work well because when people see you holding a bow, they'll copter, dodge and roll so you won't get that headshot easily even in close range. And they WILL see you in close quarters. 

Your best bet is still to find a high point, pitch a tent and pick off unwary enemies from a distance, like a proper sniper in an FPS would do. They don't see you, they might stand still for seconds and you can get your headshot. 

Wouldn't have a problem with that as well. Snipers are all about finding a good spot and camping, as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately I don't think this "camping in close quarters" strategy would work well because when people see you holding a bow, they'll copter, dodge and roll so you won't get that headshot easily even in close range. And they WILL see you in close quarters.

Your best bet is still to find a high point, pitch a tent and pick off unwary enemies from a distance, like a proper sniper in an FPS would do. They don't see you, they might stand still for seconds and you can get your headshot.

You'd.be surprised just how little people look at what weapon you have and if they should try to avoid it, yet go on the forums to complain about it because they have no awareness. That's exactly how it got nerfed I the first place. And as for any kind of camping, good luck. someone else said, it's like throwing a rock in a moving cars window. Hitting it in the first place is a challenge in its own, but the window is nigh impossible. Then even if you accept you won't get a head shot at range, you can still try to hit them twice to get a kill, but that's also impossible because anyone with sense will run off to get health far before you can draw a second shot.

Besides, it's not even one shotting squishy frames. Right now, it one shots Valkyr because of the puncture bonus to armor, but it's not even able to kill ember or nyx.

Edited by PhaseShifted

Conclave Changes

• Excalibur's Slash Dash damage has been increased in PvP.
  • All Latron series weapon damage has been decreased in PvP.

i really don´t understand these changes... the rest seems to be a good choice... at least for the moment

As a Tigris user, I'm REALLY concerned about the ammo change.

12 max shells on a shotgun means running to ammo spawns after nearly every engagement, it's already 2-4 shots to kill under optimal conditions with it.

I'll have to go check on the max ammo when I get in game next....

Ammo isn't an issue.  It's all over the place and respawns pretty fast.  Just make sure to stop by those ammo spawn points as you're gathering energy and going hunting and you should be fine.

Max ammo is also influenced by your magazine size, it seems.

So what I get from this update is: **** anyone that is trying to snipe. You must charge in there, guns blazing, with DE's favourite poster frame.

I can understand the nerfs for Volt, Oberon, and possibly Ember due to aoe. But seriously Mag? She already does barely any dmg. Frost's ability is the size of a snowball so the dmg was understandable as you could of easily missed.

All bows seem to still do one-shot headshots.  It's very possible to do, but with Warframe's mobility, you'll probably only be able to score a headshot on another sniper who went stationary.  Once hitscan snipers come out, I'm sure headshots will be much easier to land, and anyone who says that it's not fair that snipers are able to one-shot headshot is going in my list of discredited players.

• Ammo pool is now capped at the amount of ammo you start with.

RIP Tigris. 

• Mag's Pull damage  has been reduced in PvP.

Seriously? It does 87 shield damage / less than 30 health damage. What did they reduce it to? NOTHING? Honestly, who was complaining about Pull doing too much damage?

Please tell me this is a typo. Slash Dash can already instant kill several frames at full health + shields. Can it one shot a Rhino/Frost now?

The only reason it instant kills is it counts as more then one hit in some cases only way to make it work every time is landing it on a wall of some sort pinning the target.

Is it me or boar P > Strun W now?

Yep, pretty much.  Boar P has a bigger magazine and higher damage.  Tho, I think Boar P has a little less accuracy, I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

The regular Strun will 2 shot Excal at point blank...

---------------

So, amongst the nerf to the Daikyu, I wonder how long it's going to take people to start complaining about one-shot slam attacks...that and/or players keeping CC on enemies with consistent slam attacks from the Fragor...or other knockdown weapons...

Lol so they increase the damage of what was already the best 1 skill in PVP. Plus it has a huge hit box, stagger and passes through opponents. All of which RHINO CHARGE DOES NOT HAVE. For people who say Rhino charge does more damage (around 200), the should take care to mention that Rhino Charge cannot 1 hit ANY WARFRAME in PVP, so that little bit of damage is essentially rendered useless.It also does impact damage, which is inferior to the slash damage Slash Dash inflicts,especially against Valkyr and requires pinpoint accuracy. I've been taking a break from Warframe PVP as of late, (Everyone just using Valkyr with Strun Wraith does get annoying after a while). This is no incentive to come back.

Edited by Danfu

Lol so they increase the damage of what was already the best 1 skill in PVP. Plus it has a huge hit box, stagger and passes through opponents. All of which RHINO CHARGE DOES NOT HAVE. For people who say Rhino charge does more damage (around 200), the should take care to mention that Rhino Charge cannot 1 hit ANY WARFRAME in PVP, so that little bit of damage is essentially rendered useless.It also does impact damage, which is inferior to the slash damage Slash Dash inflicts,especially against Valkyr and requires pinpoint accuracy. I've been taking a break from Warframe PVP as of late, (Everyone just using Valkyr with Strun Wraith does get annoying after a while). This is no incentive to come back.

I get 250+ kd every game and I disagree with you. /s

I really don't understand these changes.

I had no issue with Daikyu 1 shotting, but knew a nerf would come due to players not being able to use it or take getting 1 shotted. Pity i didn't get mine built..

I was doing some testing today and joined a match with PhaseShifted - he managed to score some beautiful shots on me; Volt Prime/full shields and health left me with 19hp.

Valkyr is very difficult to put down, with the majority of Weapons i've been using im seeing tiny numbers, yes i am aware of IPS.. so much for flat damage.. Latron series did not need a nerf at all. Best one has to be Excaliburs Slash dash damage increase - the single most abused power in the game. At least remove the stagger effect.

The more PVP 2.0 goes on the more i feel it will end up a mess.

Okay, so DE really wants these high TTKs... I was enjoying the low TTK stuff while it lasted. 

Please PvP team, Warframe is not about a bunch of tanks, Warframe is agile ninjas, please PLEASE allow for fast game play. If you increase TTK too much more, Warframe PvP will have pretty much nothing to separate it from the pack. 

Edit:

No, the direction Warframe PvP is worse than going towards 1.0... it is becoming more and more CoD like... At this point, moving towards PvP 1.0 would be better (not all of the way there, I am not living in the past, but there were good aspects to PvP 1.0 that could be learned from (not just the bad stuff)). Warframes are glass cannons in PvE, sue me for wanting that in PvP too. 

The vast majority of shooters now a days have rather low ttks.  The vast majority of weapons in COD for example, have under a .2 second ttk and quite a few of those are barley over a .1 second ttk.  PvP 1.0 was even lower than that.

More like **** anyone who likes to camp in a narrow choke point with a charged Daik, wait for an enemy to charge in, shoot in the general direction of the doorway and get a cheap Daik kill. 

You wanna snipe like a pro? Earn those Daik headshots like a real man. Last time I checked, Daik headshots still one shot kill. 

Shhhhh these kids don't want to actually have to aim.  They just want to whine and claim that hitting body shots with the fastest projectile weapon in the game takes skill.

Edited by Aggh

from 100 shilds 100 hp and 100 armor to back it to 8 hp left after excalibur's dash. How in the actual fk is that balanced. Why did u even touch it in the first place DE? 25 energy and basically a 1 shot. Not to mention it lunges him a fairly decent distance. With every "balancing" patch I get more and more frustrated. Pvp seems to be going no where except in circles of failure to iron out dmg values. These changes need to be gradual. Definitely not oh ok lets throw on like 50% more dmg and call it a day. 

Yep, pretty much.  Boar P has a bigger magazine and higher damage.  Tho, I think Boar P has a little less accuracy, I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

The regular Strun will 2 shot Excal at point blank...

---------------

So, amongst the nerf to the Daikyu, I wonder how long it's going to take people to start complaining about one-shot slam attacks...that and/or players keeping CC on enemies with consistent slam attacks from the Fragor...or other knockdown weapons...

consistant slam attacks can be countered with the mods so thats not too much of an issue.

consistant slam attacks can be countered with the mods so thats not too much of an issue.

I dunno.  People still don't seem to like Kogake's slide attack knockdown, and it's about as hard to pull off as a slam attack.  Not to mention that Fragor and Gram are one-shot direct contact slam attacks.

Meanwhile, everyone are still Volt 4 Spam.

I find Ember 4 spam way more annoying the Volt. Not saying it is overpowered, but it is sad to see a game where an Ember just presses 4 because they don't have the aim to kill people any other way.