my FPS before update 16.6

Liset: 400~450

Solo mission: 250~350

Raid: 180~250

FPS after update 16.6

Liset: 36~400

Solo mission: 29~70

Raid: 19~40

The fps drop can happen even when idling in liset.

This is just so wrong!

Edited by aerosoul1337

Hmmm...

You probably think I overstate the fps drop.

Ok let's see some screen shots in my empty liset.

You have to see it in full size to read the in game fps .

I was not even interacting any thing.

Usual FPS: 428.50

2aeyo1l.jpg

Unusual FPS: 46.18
1yr0c0.jpg

I didn't open any UI, there were no enemy, no session, no fight.

How come my fps can drop form 428 to 46.

U16.6 messed up.

Edited by aerosoul1337

They have been working on optimizations to make the code more parallel, gues some incomplete code went in having a reverse effect. 

Sir,

You said the very truth that I want to express.

My another old pc with core 2 dual can outperform this top spec in many cases.

Sir,

You said the very truth that I want to express.

My another old pc with core 2 dual can outperform this top spec in many cases.

Well warframe may run better or you heavily overclocked it with Nitrogen cooling otherwise uhh it never will outperform his system, I highly doubt that.

BTW I have same problems as OP I second that warframe needs performance fixes.

I can play BF4 in windowed without problems, Full screen is crashing BF4 but I do not care cuz I have multiple screens and use them while gaming a lot.

My high end system laggs like crazy sometimes on warframe and there is always an really annoying microstutter.

Sys specs The Beast: 

Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)

Graphics W2253 (1920x1080@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)
232GB Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 (SATA)
119GB ADATA SP900NS34 (SSD)
465GB Seagate ST500LT0 12-1DG142 USB Device (USB (SATA))

Audio

Razer Surround Audio Controller

Computer type: Desktop

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of Shadow Lords
Edited by TheRoaringLion

Well warframe may run better or you heavily overclocked it with Nitrogen cooling otherwise uhh it never will outperform his system, I highly doubt that.

My old spec got performance boost while top spec is crippled.

Not outperforming it all the time, but in some case it does.

You see my screen shot my top spec has 46~450 fps, this is unstable.

My low spec has stable 120+, so this is unacceptable for me.

Why is DE busy adding weird features, fix bugs first please.

And I am not ask for all bugs, just game breaking ones.

First:

AMD cpus crash/freeze while hosting multi-player games. (since 16.5)

Second:

High clock intel cpus fps drop. (since 16.6)

For these 2 reasons I cannot enjoy this game at all.

I explained what I noticed in warframe happening while hosting on my pc still works fine but it has its hiccups on weird moments.

Also do you have Raptr running in the background? I removed it because it caused heavy lagg on all games I use.

Still weird tho that his optimizations make it worse for high end computers.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/461159-computer-overworks-itself-when-playing-online/?p=5192259

I think it's cpu related, and high clock cpus especially.

Because fps drop happens even while idling.

And I am even not running high setting for warframe,

Particle is on low

Ambient Occlusion is off

AA is on low

Bloom is off

Motion Blur is off

The witcher 3 with ultra high setting has a lot higher fps than warframe for me now, that's funny.

And I found something very very weird:

1.Unparking cpus used to improve performance, but after 16.6, it reduces my performance.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289244-framerate-drops-high-cpu-loads-cpu-overheating-this-might-fix-it-cpu-core-unparking/

2.When I was suffering low fps in a mission, I tried to invite someone, when others joined me, my fps increase to 250%.

It is supposed to have higher fps when you play alone.

And a lot of amd cpu still suffer 100% chance to crash/freeze when hosting since 16.5.

Edited by aerosoul1337

I guess no one here has been watching their GPU usage. It's as low as <57% on mine. The GPU utilisation in this game has gone to S#&$. Sorry for being blunt but it was easier and shorter that way. Most of the people here in this topic have no bottlenecks, my rig included. People have ridiculously expensive cards but can only get 60 FPS in a tower mission (example of course). And sometimes it even stoops as low as 40 or lower. Using the steam FPS counter, I;'ve been able to monitor my FPS jumping around. My GPU usage while ingame on a crowded map is stupidly low: 46%! considering the fact everyone kinked out their rigs and got rid of bottlenecks, I will only assume that the game doesn't utilize the graphics card fully, seeing as the CPU doesn't even give 2 S#&$s if it's a high-end CPU (Talking top segment i5's and i7's 3xxx, 4xxx and 5xxx-E series.)

But that's just my assumption with the data I have which I consider factual. I have now started using V-sync to see if this would help out at all. Currently in the liset I';ve had no drops and my FPS was capped at 144 stable. I will update the thread with more info.

EDIT: P4adVVv.png regardless of GPU usage, I've managed to somehow fix something for myself ingame. I enabled motion blur, put V-Sync on auto, left all settings as is(everything was on max or enabled anyway except weapon trail) and my minimum FPS in tower in a crowded as hell area is now 53 FPS. And if it matters to people who geek out on specs, these are the important numbers http://valid.x86.fr/1pgv51

Edited by Contiguous

(...)

OK

my FPS before update 16.6

Liset: 400~450

Solo mission: 250~350

Raid: 180~250

(...)

... I can't turn off my VSync... If he was so happy with 400~450 FPS on the Liset, I can't really say how many FPS I get...

... Wait... Yes, I can. I usually have nearly 12000 FPS on the Liset... So~, I think its safe to assume that if there IS an FPS dropout, it'll reach his pre-16.6 values on my computer right now... OR, it'll simply not do anything because I have my VSync turned on for a permanent cap on 60 FPS since there is absolutely no advantage in the Conclave for having higher FPS than 60... Also, it'll save more on the electricity bill. I believe his pre-16.6 FPS values are reached by my CPU alone...

... Anyway, if there is an FPS dropout indeed, I hope DE will fix it...

I guess no one here has been watching their GPU usage. It's as low as <57% on mine. The GPU utilisation in this game has gone to S#&$. Sorry for being blunt but it was easier and shorter that way. Most of the people here in this topic have no bottlenecks, my rig included. People have ridiculously expensive cards but can only get 60 FPS in a tower mission (example of course). And sometimes it even stoops as low as 40 or lower. Using the steam FPS counter, I;'ve been able to monitor my FPS jumping around. My GPU usage while ingame on a crowded map is stupidly low: 46%! considering the fact everyone kinked out their rigs and got rid of bottlenecks, I will only assume that the game doesn't utilize the graphics card fully, seeing as the CPU doesn't even give 2 S#&$s if it's a high-end CPU (Talking top segment i5's and i7's 3xxx, 4xxx and 5xxx-E series.)

But that's just my assumption with the data I have which I consider factual. I have now started using V-sync to see if this would help out at all. Currently in the liset I';ve had no drops and my FPS was capped at 144 stable. I will update the thread with more info.

EDIT: P4adVVv.png regardless of GPU usage, I've managed to somehow fix something for myself ingame. I enabled motion blur, put V-Sync on auto, left all settings as is(everything was on max or enabled anyway except weapon trail) and my minimum FPS in tower in a crowded as hell area is now 53 FPS. And if it matters to people who geek out on specs, these are the important numbers http://valid.x86.fr/1pgv51

I get same issues I checked gpu load and it did not change at all on a higher clocked cpu, I overclocked my system to nearly 4.7ghz and it made same issues.

Also a hard set downclock did not improve performance at all it stayed all the same.

So saying that bottlenecks are not the problem on ridiculous high end systems is true, I have seen people lagg with 2 OC'ed xeons lagg like S#&$ in this game even with 3/4 way sli.

Yes they checked sli performance it did not make a change.

I want warframe to hand off more Graphics code/load to the gpu's and optimize the performance overall and make it a better game.

I know that warframe makes more content and makes the game more buggy and less performing as we speak.

It is sad to say but warframe is destroying itself with their own buggy and bad performing code.

I hope this thread makes it to the Devs otherwise warframe I set you on a hold because of bad performance.

Edited by TheRoaringLion

I finally found a manual fix.

Heaven knows the reason that Warframe is much likely NOT to use enough cpu usage (compare to other games) sometimes.

For high clock cpus you probably have a good motherboard as well. It may feature something you don't need.

1.Enter Bios and disable anything that could save energy from cpu usage.

2.Open your windows system control pannel->power options, set the minimum cpu usage percentage to 100%.

It is supposed to use as much as it needs automatically if the maximum cpu usage limit is not below 100% (default value is 100% in all plans).

But Warframe doesn't seem to act like that... for now.

Give it a try and tell me your result.

Thank you.

Edited by aerosoul1337

I finally found a manual fix.

Heaven knows the reason that Warframe is much likely NOT to use enough cpu usage (compare to other games) sometimes.

For high clock cpus you probably have a good motherboard as well. It may feature something you don't need.

1.Enter Bios and disable anything that could save energy from cpu usage.

2.Open your windows system control pannel->power options, set the minimum cpu usage percentage to 100%.

It is supposed to use as much as it needs automatically if the maximum cpu usage limit is not below 100% (default value is 100% in all plans).

But Warframe doesn't seem to act like that... for now.

Give it a try and tell me your result.

Thank you.

We were talking GPU, not CPU.

I know, but I am talking about a quick fix for fps drop that works for me.

A CPU that is running at a higher clockspeed will not cause a bottleneck with CPU usage. This game isnt supposed to use much of the CPU's power in the first place, considering many of the people in this thread have an i7.

A CPU that is running at a higher clockspeed will not cause a bottleneck with CPU usage. This game isnt supposed to use much of the CPU's power in the first place, considering many of the people in this thread have an i7.

True and most games I copy, Do not have this kind of CPU load to begin with, I said I overclocked it meaning I made my clock speed stable and set to a certain clock.

So saying here that I get same Issues on a pretty moderate overclock is pretty sad in my eyes for warframe.

They should consider making their game more gpu reliant or make a option for high end users like us to "choose" for the GPU optimizations we sincerely deserve.

Its not like I hate Warframe as a game I hate the "Game breaking lagg" and the Gradual decline of performance after each update.

I hope this thread gets a developer to make this a thing for Warframe so they go and optimize this game for once an for all.

My specs for you all to say I do not get any bottlenecks at all in my system anytime.

Sys specs The Beast: 

Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)
Graphics W2253 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)
232GB Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 (SATA)
119GB ADATA SP900NS34 (SSD)
465GB Seagate ST500LT0 12-1DG142 USB Device (USB (SATA))

Audio
Razer Surround Audio Controller
Computer type: Desktop

• 3 weeks later...

It has been proven that "power plan of windows" does effect Warframe in an unusual way after recent updates.

It's something wrong with CPU but not GPU.

There are other players report the same thing.

My case...

Performance plan:

Stable 450 FPS in liset.

Power saver plan:

36~200 FPS in liset. (even you have set the lowest cpu performance to 100% and anything else)

I have screenshot to prove it in this topic:

And those 2 pictures are taken form the same power plan (custom plan but  force minimum cpu performance to 100%)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/465888-u166-game-breaking-fps-drop/?p=5186750

Edited by aerosoul1337

• 5 months later...