Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Be Positive About The New Starchart.

Has there even been any info about it yet?

Just a concept. But it's supposed to condense 300-something nodes into 20. Also random missions like Payday, and crafting missions you want.

Obviously the community doesn't like it, me neither, but let's try to think about all teh good things it can give us!

Honestly most people only runs 5-10 nodes as is most of the time, the only issue i can see with it is resources and exp may diminish a little.

One thing that would be good to know is if/when it drops to 20 nodes is if that is only for standard mission or is it including things like dark sectors, alerts, syndicates, nightmare etc...

The only good thing that can come out of it is Draco being gone. The rest is just bad news.

Interception as a game mode will not be removed, so Draco will still exist in way. Also don't forget, Draco is just the spirit of Viver.

It's doing what the community always does anyway - only goes to a handful of nodes, but this time it cuts out the middleman and evades the crap nodes no one runs in between.

Also, it allows individual nodes to be scaled up, which is nice.

If dark sectors are back, I certainly hope they remove the awful PVP element of it. I'll miss the battle pay, but we have raid now so it's not a huge deal.

i hope with the new star chart, it can open up for more liner quest to be made

somthing like for example "new player reaches Venus and is mysteriously Ambushed by several un-stobable jackles, quest chain leads to the Final jackle boss and what now

Just a concept. But it's supposed to condense 300-something nodes into 20. Also random missions like Payday, and crafting missions you want.

Obviously the community doesn't like it, me neither, but let's try to think about all teh good things it can give us!

I don't know where you heard this, but I sincerely hope that this isn't the case.

Let's leave all Payday-related mechanics at the door. That game sucks.

'The concept' is onlined in both the devstream 52 overview and in the Starchart Proposed Changes megathread. The basic gist is that the nodes will be removed and cut down to 20 random alert type missions with possibly craftable key missions for those that want to be able to do certain missions. It was emphasized that this will be a removal of choice to. in theory, reduce 'ghost towns': missions that do not have many veteran players playing them to help new players. What some players, including myself, worry is that this will mean the removal of match making selections as well since this would be the only practical way of assuring the new alert type missions wouldn't be ghost towns as well. As I said before, there is too little information to have a positive outlook on this while from what little that has been said, it comes off as a horrible idea not unlike to Payday 2's Crimenet system.

Edited by Urlan

There is already a giant megathread about it..

On a side note, I don't understand why people would hate the idea without knowing all the details. Also, I highly doubt anyone plays more than 20 nodes and I'm certain that used places like resource/xp farming spots will be kept.

Seems like all upside to me.

I'd rather take 20 interesting nodes over 300 boring ones.

I'd rather have crafting missions than cookie cutter void runs.

And also random missions like Payday vs the current alert system.

Let's face it, mission diversity is one of this games weak suites.

I like the new starchart, I don't need to try to be positive about it, I just straight up like it.

Edited by Mastikator2

Think about all the stupid things and annoyance it could bring. For me, that weighs heavier than the other side.

It's gonna be terrible.

Seems like all upside to me.

I'd rather take 20 interesting nodes over 300 boring ones.

I'd rather have crafting missions than cookie cutter void runs.

Let's face it, mission diversity is one of this games weak suites.

I like the new starchart, I don't need to try to be positive about it, I just straight up like it.

What I find vague and likely contributes to why I have a hard time finding positivity in something I'm only left to assume. Is that regardless of the amount of populated nodes we have and desolate nodes. Those populated nodes are likely to have players with the same intent in mind. Meaning I don't have to try to find players in recruiting or forumlate a squad within my often inactive clan. I can jump in and there are players who will at least do 20 waves or 20 minutes.

Sure there's always the chance some player is there to just get the node completed, but that's just the nature of random pub matches. However, I can just restart that node, no biggie. But with the upcoming change, this guy who wants to activate every life support drop while at 95% and wants to quit at the 5 min mark becomes a big deal. It's not like I can restart the node for that mission mode. Therefore, as a solo player that doesn't mind playing with random players, this doesn't seem like a good thing.

Again, I'm not sure if some of the same game modes will exist in the new star chart, all I can use is what is already here to base what it might be like in the near future.

So if DE's intent is to prioritize friend finding and committed squads, I guess this is the way to do it.

I'm not negative about it the upcoming change, just indifferent.

I dont mind change but I kinda like the star map being a map.

Payday 2 is fun, but its mission system wouldn't fit in warframe unless you can also start up any mission you want from a menu. I jest would rather not have to buy the mission each time unless credit drops are boosted

Im jest worried this would effect farming. need neural sensors? whelp, missions up once a day and you need 5.o right there 10 pt in the market or something. so good luck getting that "insert craft thing here" anytime soon unless you pay for it. that's what im afraid of.

-No ghosttowns anymore

-More variety to the grind (I've been waiting for this a long time now)

-Less bullS#&$ nodes all over the place, there's really no reason to have 200 or so of them

-Streamlines player progression, no longer all over the @(*()$ place

-More reason to play a wider variety of gamemodes (LIke, there's no reason to ever play Hijack, even though it's one of those really difficult and fun gamemodes for me, personally)

Honestly, all I see is positive about it, now there's no more of those signature farming places, you can just play whatever mission.

And also

I played payday not too long ago and started to like it, and I think this is one the game's strong suits. I can get a match with anyone wherever I want and whichever mission.

Edited by SgtFlex