The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Look Lame

LordMidnightX

Is it just me or do the Tenno- sweet robot ninjas with awesome powers and guns need a bit better sidekick then some corpus floaters. 

SO I made this Model in my free time. I made it on Blender and Sculptris entirely on my own. There are six photos all with different textures I experimented with. Maybe give them melee attacks as well as a gun. Or this could be a whole new warframe. 

Whatever it is just an Idea So tell me what you think 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=536230963099672&set=a.536230916433010.1073741828.100001383200891&type=3&permPage=1

Yah I did post it on Facebook lol it is public so you all should be able to see it. 

1. Eeeew facebook.

2. I'd like to see how broken it'd look when trying to keep up with your wall jumps or other acrobatics.

3. It'd have horrible AI. Yes, it would.

4. Collision.

5. No.

6. Facebook >_<

Is it just me or do the Tenno- sweet robot ninjas with awesome powers and guns need a bit better sidekick then some corpus floaters. 

SO I made this Model in my free time. I made it on Blender and Sculptris entirely on my own. There are six photos all with different textures I experimented with. Maybe give them melee attacks as well as a gun. Or this could be a whole new warframe. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=536230963099672&set=a.536230916433010.1073741828.100001383200891&type=3&permPage=1

Yah I did post it on Facebook lol it is public so you all should be able to see it. 

It's practically Wolfie from MGR:R.

Yeah...I like my Shade and Wyrm better than your take on "pets"...not because of the model just because it wouldn't be logical to have a bulking animal at your side being in the way and running around like an annoying drone...then you'll have ppl askign for action to be albe to "pet" and "feed" it, "rub belly" and so on...No, thanks.

Is that supposed to be a cat with rocket dildo strapped on its back?

I'm going to start calling you Wesley Crusher now

(Don't let the haters hate your art though, it's actually a good idea, just unrefined)

37197247.jpg

Edited by Archistopheles

jeez you people are all &#036;&amp;*^s. And because of it this game will never actually develop. If they listened to you nothing would change. It is my opinion that sentinels look lame But this could also be a new warframe instead of being stuck with the basic two legs two arms and a different skin.

I posted it to Facebook because I didn't feel like signing up for a photo sharing website. 

As to my Model when you can make a better one in an half an hour tell me.  

jeez you people are all &#036;&amp;*^s. And because of it this game will never actually develop. If they listened to you nothing would change. It is my opinion that sentinels look lame But this could also be a new warframe instead of being stuck with the basic two legs two arms and a different skin.

I posted it to Facebook because I didn't feel like signing up for a photo sharing website. 

As to my Model when you can make a better one in an half an hour tell me.  

I wasn't trying to be mean, it is just that your suggestion is so cliché and would not fit in this games style nor mechanics. What do you mean this game will never change because of us? It's been changing thus far and continues to do so, I don't see the problem here.

All in seriousness, I think that you just struck a wrong core audience. If this was fantasy game then maybe but this is a odd, unique science fiction game where nothing is taken from other games. Cyber dog companion? No offence but as if we don't have those enough already. Maybe it is just you, most I know like the sentinels, they are nothing special for sure but they are not meant to be anyways and at least they are different, they are not something you see in every third game and that is what Warframe is about, it stands from the crowd.

I wasn't trying to be mean, it is just that your suggestion is so cliché and would not fit in this games style nor mechanics. What do you mean this game will never change because of us? It's been changing thus far and continues to do so, I don't see the problem here.

All in seriousness, I think that you just struck a wrong core audience. If this was fantasy game then maybe but this is a odd, unique science fiction game where nothing is taken from other games. Cyber dog companion? No offence but as if we don't have those enough already. Maybe it is just you, most I know like the sentinels, they are nothing special for sure but they are not meant to be anyways and at least they are different, they are not something you see in every third game and that is what Warframe is about, it stands from the crowd.

What he said. This suggestion just does not fit warframe. Hence the "No". I wasn't trying to be a &#036;&amp;*^ though, if that's what you thought.

I just wish they stayed out of the camera. Like further back, or sideways...They block part of the screen and can be distracting.

Or maybe crawling instead of flying. Like, one of those annoying grineer balls, following you around...

Edited by Egioh

Most "pets" in other games are pathetic at least in this game they get a gun sorta. And your comment about the pie was funny. Although I disagree I think it does fit the game. I just didn't like how quick it was shot down which is why I said about it not changing I didn't feel it was hardly even considered.Even though it is in so many games that a lot of somebodies thought it was good enough to put in their game. Anyway basically everything in warfame has been done what makes it unique is that warframe did it in One game. It took some of the best aspects of different games and put it all together. I agree though that in the warframe environment unless they do a miracle it will get stuck up against a wall or lost when you jump off something. So I still think sentinal could look way better maybe not a flying pie though. So that brings me to my other point that I don't think anyone said anything against yet what about a four legged Warframe. Something with a totally different look but it could still work the same way except it might need some special melee weapons 

Most "pets" in other games are pathetic at least in this game they get a gun sorta.

I think we must play different games, because pet classes ever since Everquest 1 have been reliant on their pets. The sentinels are floating buffs and bullet sponges currently.

If I had double the pistol mods, I might be able to get him a Hornet Strike 7 and potato his gun, but before then, yeah, no.

I think we must play different games, because pet classes ever since Everquest 1 have been reliant on their pets. The sentinels are floating buffs and bullet sponges currently.

If I had double the pistol mods, I might be able to get him a Hornet Strike 7 and potato his gun, but before then, yeah, no.

I game quite a bit but I have never played a game where pets are very useful. Anyway what about the Four legged Warframe

I game quite a bit but I have never played a game where pets are very useful.

In no particular order

Everquest 1

Necromancer - Needs pet to tank

Elementalist - Needs pet to tank

Beastmaster - Needs pet to synergize attacks

Dark Age of Camelot

Cabilist - Spells and Utility involve pet

Necromancer - Literally cannot function without his pet

Theurgist - His nukes were pets

Sorcerer - Charmed Pets

Bonedancer - All spells revolved around pets

Hunter - Closer to a sentinel than other pets

Animist - His nukes were pet-turrets

World of Warcraft

Do I even have to list the classes? I hate that game

Rift

Mage classes usually had a pet that delt 10-50% of their damage

Skyrim

Call them "Companions" but they are just pets

Conjuration magic would be pretty useless without the pets they call

Do I need to list more? Because I can...

Why can't I have a flying pie with me that shoots out beams of death that destroy anything and everything that exists and it throws insulting comments on how bad player I am.

GLaDOS sentinel?

If DE can strike a deal with Valve and actually come up with GLaDOS sentinel, I will be willing to pay upwards of $100 US for that

Edited by Killist

Four legged Warframe? Sorry, but as little as Warframe's lore is at the moment, this would just totally not fit in..at all.

https://warframe.com/game/story

Also, there are meant to be advances on this lore, and I personally find the game quite absorbing in that sense. The Tenno race are bipedal, anthropomorphics. The only way I would ever see this fitting in is if there was an animal race added lore-wise that had been fitted with Warframes.

Fitting animals with Warframes seems a bit far fetched to me, in terms of the current lore. Sorry man.