Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus System?

PROzeKToR

I doubt we will ever see the "complete" focus system. They decided to divide it up into parts (e.g. weapon/warframe augments) that get added in some way or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if the main idea of the focus system was completely scrapped by now.

DE teared apart the Focus system idea they had and implemented its bits all over the place.

Not everything they had in mind for focus got implemented, so they'll probably procceed adding it bits by bits.

And once it has been drained completely, they'll design something new for the actual Focus system, to implement it as a "Focus System".

That's what I think I heard in one of the devstreams.

Not 100% sure.

EDIT:

Think I found the devstream with the latest Focus System discussion.

Devstream 43 Overview: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-43-overview

Interesting part to note:

The Focus System has never been forgotten, but we can understand this question coming up time and again; particularly now that we’re reflecting on what we’ve accomplished at the end of the year. To catch you all up with some of what’s been going on internally, here's a quick point-by-point rundown of where the Focus System stands:

· The Focus System was originally created to augment Warframe abilities and prowess, providing substantial rewards for progression.

· Two major recent updates, Ability Mod removal and Augment Mod introduction, were first saved for implementation in the Focus System. When also considering the arrival of Syndicates, our entire current model for the Focus System has been made obsolete.

· We are working on the Focus System as a form of endgame progression. If, at any point, we reach a stage during Focus System development that feels like it has become as solid a concept as Syndicates or Relay Stations, expect to see an Update featuring it.

Note: the above doesn't mean every wonderful idea that comes along for the Focus System will be cannibalized for something else. We just want the Focus System to be so much more than a simple 'alternative leveling' experience.

Edited by KingTaro

It's an old system that everyone's obsessed with despite the fact it's been cannibalized into so many other systems and pushed back so often that it's all but confirmed cancelled. It's not going to be, despite people's best wishes.