Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion For Players] Stop Crying And Enjoy The Game?

MyXmaN

I have a suggestion for each and every living human that plays Warframe:

Stop crying about nerfs, buffs, OP-ness of some frames/weapons/abilities, platinum cost of something, absence of PvP and just try to ENJOY THE GAME!

You may or may not believe me, but im actually enjoying it.

Something gets nerfed - well, im always ready for a challenge (yeah, im a [mostly] Banshee player, and im thinking about building Nyx and Rhino).

Something gets buffed - i dont mind at all, even if im not using it.

Platinum cost? I dont mind paying a little, and its not that hard to farm something even if you dont spend 24/7 playing this game.

I didnt get something exclusive? Well, i dont mind. Its exclusive for a reason, right?

If i want some more hardcore challenge, i simply remove half of my mods and just go solo. Never ever have i found this game too hard for me to beat. Instead i found my skills lacking if i got killed a lot (forgetting about shield recharge, sliding, wall-runs, being generally reckless).

Really, im simply enjoying this game. Have you guys ever tried doing the same thing? Not that hard really. This game has no pvp, so there is no real hardcore competition. Without competition the only one to blame if you are not doing great is yourself.

This is a coop game. So how about some... cooperation? In game, on forums and in general? Sounds like a good idea, doesnt it?

Not everyone has the mental capacity to understand advanced concepts such as this.

It's the same reason why children often whine instead of expressing their displeasures.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46101-may-17th-hot-topic-constructive-feedback-vs-hyperbole/

I hadn't read that post. I'm glad I did, and that they're keeping a sense of humour about it. I'm glad that knockdown immune not being around is a bug.

Whining is just so much easier, and when you're used to putting in no effort on something, making one long WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA noise is that much easier. 

On a personal note, I love reading those '[insert game here] is now dead RIP and so on and so forth ad infinitum' posts. I especially love reading them say, 6 months after the post was made, and hey presto the game is still around. 

You are failing to accomplish the task of a beta tester.

Really? I thought testers write bug reports and stuff. I also wrote a couple. My friends did too.

Didnt really think having fun was forbidden.

A good attitude to take for focusing on playing around, perhaps not so good for the beta testing.

I mean beta testing is more along the lines of critiquing the bad elements, and encouraging the good elements. It's hard to feel an imperative to critique the bad if you feel the good overshadows it, no?

Anyways, you're probably right, there's quite a bit too much pessimism and negativity in gaming in general, and too little optimism and positiveness, but I digress. 

Sounds like a good idea, doesnt it?

Each person has a different levels of enjoyment.  Some folk are easy to please.  Other's not so much.  However, as a guinea pig beta tester for a game that is trying to work out the kinks, sometimes discussion is necessary to work out the kinks of that game.  Sometimes it might look like whining.  Sometimes it can be extremely constructive both for fellow players as well as the listening developers.  Sometimes it's lighthearted and fun.  If you approach all messages with the mindset of the last two options, you'll find that you might in fact learn what other people are seeing and assist them in working out their problems.

However, if you approach all messages as the first options, allow me as a Usenetter that's been around since 1989 give you some advice free of charge: no one's holding a gun to your head to read the messages posted here.  If you don't like what you're seeing, you always have the option of moving to messages that appeal to your taste and share a like-minded approach to the game.  Or stop reading them altogether until such time as you shake the perspective attributed to the first option so that the latter two perspectives are back in place.  

Well, this forum is currently more entertaining for me than the game itself. Theorycrafting is all I have left till U8, who are you to take that away from me.

You could also take your own advice and stop reading these topics, leave forums and ENJOY THE GAME.

Also what they guy above me said +1

Edited by LocoWithGun

You can't be serious.

The game is still in beta, if we don't talk about problems whether it's to do with balance or bugs then it won't get fixed. Telling us not to complain about it is stupid, short sighted and moronic in the extreme.

The bigger issue wasn't even frame balance, it's the market changes that radically alter how a new player entering the game is going to experience gear progression and advancement. Even more importantly, even with a (supposed) increased Alloy Plate drop rate on Venus, thanks to the RNG system in place for acquiring resources coupled with the amounts required to actually build these items, the entire system smacks of trying to get more players to buy plat and P2W. You can argue that this is a business, the developers are here to make money but I can counter with the simple fact that senseless money grabbing without a proper plan will only serve to alienate a large portion of the existing customers, scare off newer ones and altogether lower both plat sales and future founders packs.

While I can understand the sentiment, these sorts of threads inevitably lead to hostility. Additionally, as people have mentioned, feedback (That is, constructive and useful feedback) is a vital part of beta testing.

Thread locked; feel free to PM me if you've got any questions about why.