Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Velocions

Reptilian and feline.

Not feeling particularly original; velociraptor lions.

Inspired by the artistic inspirations. Somewhat hopeful about their general dispositions.

Ignoring the dumb origin, it does roll off the tongue.

Why not Velions? Sounds cool , easy to remeber ,kinda omnimus and qurious what it is

WHAT? No direct damage? WHY!? Have you ever seen a cougar take down its prey? How about a cheetah, lion, tigresses, jaguar, leopard? Those "cats" will strike you down and bite on your neck more ferociously than any dog variant would.  If we are talking about encountering a single wild wolf vs a single wild panther, the panther will F*** you up faster than a wolf would. Cats are much more aggressive than you think. Catbrows should maybe have lower base health, shields, and armor, but a much higher base crit chance and damage with maybe puncture damage since cats tend to bite their prey in the neck, as well has have sharper claws. Needless to say of course kubrows and catbrows share the same mod pool.

Ok, got my attention.

Two of my thought processes that went awry

Kubrow's  Ku-Bro's

Bark Bar-k Bar-Kubrow

Meow, Me-ow Me-Owsis

Owsis.

---

And going by the same though process.  Ku -Brow  Eye-Brow

Ow-Chin

Owchin.

----

So either Owsis or Owchin.     And just to be punny   Ow-nose... actually  Onoze isn't that bad a name either....

Let me start by saying that before I decided to post my name suggestion, I didn't read anyone else's ideas in this thread.

So, just before I wrote this reply, I did a search in this thread topic on several different spelling of my choice in names. One came up more than 12 times; therefore, I think I will add my vote for a name that many others seem to like as well...

Felynx

I think it should be pronounced Fee-Links but could be spelled differently.

Fielynx

Phehlynx

FíLynx

Fehlynx

anyway, just wanted to add my choice. Cheers!

Nezami

Kinda borrows from the japanese "neko" and "kami" but I didn't want to repeat any letters.

Also, we can have a kubrow so we can have a nezami...

Nice name :3

Another idea : Amphynx : Amphibian+lynx

Or Amphyx.

Edited by Rorkyr

Kirara and or Kilala? Sangos cat from Inuyasha!

Meaning. The kanji 雲母, "mica" or "isinglass", is made up of the characters for "cloud" (雲) and "mother" (母), and could also be pronounced "unmo" in addition to "kirara". The pronunciation "kirara" is similar to the Japanese sound effect "kirakira" used for something glittery, which is fitting to the appearance of mica.

So...

Kirara

or

Kilala

or

Mica (Mica's)

Guys when some one ask's you. "describe meanings a word Kubrow can have"

For me Kubrow stands for: Warrior, Companion, A friend, Loyal, and a Fearsome Force

now ask your self what are cats like: they are smart, they are lazy, devious, loving, deceiving, comforting, and most of all perhaps they have pride.

and from here id like to see what people have come up with, hopefull something sensible =D (not like catbro (-_-;)

ty gl