Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

There is a book by a Scottish geologist named Dougal Dixon. You will not believe......

After Man: Zoology of the Future

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Man:_A_Zoology_of_the_Future

Two feline animals he describes are: Shurrak and the Striger

I'm guessing if you call him and tell him the plot of the game is set in the future after man is gone and earth needs a fearsome cat...

My ideal is that most our language is based off latin origins. Therefore going with the ideal that kubrow is basically a dog. What do we know about dogs in real life. "Man's best friend!'' This is the base of my idea. Now, I'm a cat person. So I could easily say myself that Cats are MY best friend. With that being said... I decided  Amicus would be the root of the name.

Amicus - Translated into a couple meanings; Companion, Comrade, Courtier, Kind, Friend.

So playing around with a mixture of words I came a couple words that seemed about right. I'll break down the names so it's easier for some to understand, also if you guys like my idea. Run with it, and make it your own!

Virtus - Translated into a couple meanings; Power, Valor, Bravery, Strength, Vigor, Prowess, Chilvary, Heroism, Character, Worth, Resolution, Capacity, Ability, Gallantry, Merit, Fortitude, Morality, Virtue, Manliness, Mettle.

Taking these words into account for what they are, I came up with a strong name. After passing this thought upon my clan, and expressing their opinions. I got a Grand OK from my Kotei, and everyone involved. So, here it is. This is my contribution towards naming the 'catbrow'...

Now Let's Enveil The Name

-The One, The Only-

"Virtamicus"

Edited by (PS4)B1GDR3D

Hmmm... there seems to be alot of latin names going around. and for someone that can read and speek latin I think some of them are alittle far fetched. But I understand that they are just trying to come up with some names. I was thinking of something like "Flecaris" I just think it has a nice ring to it.

Thanks

Hmm , catbrows ? I think that is usefull , but what are they gonna do ? Same things like Kubrows , but only with other animations ? What are they going to stay ? Same place like the Kubrows or other part of the ship will be available ?