The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift From The Lotus - Archwing

Lord_Datastorm

This is a perfectly valid argument...  for vets.  The Archwing event was six months ago.  The problem is that the Gift of the Lotus typically benefits new players the most (which is why it's on Mercury, the 'starter' planet) but new players are the ones being locked out of this one because it's tied to a mastery-locked quest they probably didn't finish.  Potatoes are worth more the fewer of them you have (people like us probably don't need one) and the time and credit investment needed to build an Archwing is more significant at lower levels (where the quest is also harder) than it would be for people like us.

Won't someone please think of the children new players?

I think of new players errrtime I see

Need taxi to alert.

Need taxi to pluto.

Need taxi to boss x.

Getting a ride to to high tier content without previous work, teaches new players

N

O

T

H

I

N

G

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

I LOVE that this alert is Archwing. You people need to realize that AW is part of the MAIN game. Are you gonna whine when the new raid is going to require you to have an AW?

No it is not.

It is secondary, just like PVP, why do you think it only has ONE mission node on each planet?

It is not even popular to begin with and they have to force it into quests so it gets played.

This is a perfectly valid argument...  for vets.  The Archwing event was six months ago.  The problem is that the Gift of the Lotus typically benefits new players the most (which is why it's on Mercury, the 'starter' planet) but new players are the ones being locked out of this one because it's tied to a mastery-locked quest they probably didn't finish.  Potatoes are worth more the fewer of them you have (people like us probably don't need one) and the time and credit investment needed to build an Archwing is more significant at lower levels (where the quest is also harder) than it would be for people like us.

Won't someone please think of the children new players?

This is incorrect, it's for the non paying player more than it is the new player. Potato alerts that aren't Gifts of the Lotus are few and far between and are a poor source of potatoes. Also there have been gifts on the lotus on planets other than Mercury and Earth. All of said alerts had recruiting tab filled with people begging for taxis.

The gift of the lotus came about because the Devs are in Canada, when they do their devstreams people on the otherside of the world are asleep and if it were like a typical alert those people would NEVER get a gift of the lotus. It isn't so everybody and their mother can get it, otherwise it would always be on the very first mission on the very first planet but sometimes it's on Phobos or Uranus.

^ This.

The Gift of the Lotus alerts aren't there so that everyone and their grandtenno fresh from the tutorial can get a potato for free, if that were the case all the alerts would be exterminate missions in Terminus. It's 24h so that people from all timezones can access it.

It's been said a bunch of times already, but if you choose to not partake on a part of the game, don't start complaining when you start to miss out on some things.

That still doesn't mean they can whine about an Archwing alert.

pretty much, yeah

aside from the alert issue, if it was an entire game mode locked behind that rng quest, i'd want it unlocked in the tutorial instead. but archwing's not an entire game mode - it's unfinished, forgotten and pretty boring vOv it's not worth hassling new players with

The gift of the lotus came about because the Devs are in Canada, when they do their devstreams people on the otherside of the world are asleep and if it were like a typical alert those people would NEVER get a gift of the lotus. It isn't so everybody and their mother can get it, otherwise it would always be on the very first mission on the very first planet but sometimes it's on Phobos or Uranus.

Your talking as if this is something exclusive and that can easily be fixed with a taxi, so everyone and "their mother" could get it, Op is only specifically talking about it being for archwing . and no it's not always on hard missions I have seen it on easy planets plenty of times

pretty much, yeah

aside from the alert issue, if it was an entire game mode locked behind that rng quest, i'd want it unlocked in the tutorial instead. but archwing's not an entire game mode - it's unfinished, forgotten and pretty boring vOv it's not worth hassling new players with

I actually find archwing extremely enjoyable. I only wish there was more to it. I have high hopes for U17 since they are making the new trial have archwing elements that maybe just maybe they will give the game mode the TLC it needs.

Your talking as if this is something exclusive and that can easily be fixed with a taxi, so everyone and "their mother" could get it, Op is only specifically talking about it being for archwing . and no it's not always on hard missions I have seen it on easy planets plenty of times

Where did I say that it was always on hard missions? Nowhere. I also have an issue with people taxiing others because they are taking the easy way out which in turn leads to noobs trying to do high level S#&$ that I now have to carry through a mission.

Edited by Avenwing

I actually find archwing extremely enjoyable. I only wish there was more to it. I have high hopes for U17 since they are making the new trial have archwing elements that maybe just maybe they will give the game mode the TLC it needs.

i also play it, sometimes, and enjoy it. i bought the itzal pack when it appeared. but i feel there's just not much to it. the baddies even in caelus don't really do anything except fly in straight lines :(

it's frustrating

i also play it, sometimes, and enjoy it. i bought the itzal pack when it appeared. but i feel there's just not much to it. the baddies even in caelus don't really do anything except fly in straight lines :(

it's frustrating

It needs a lot of work, which is why I'm upset they announced sharkwing. They haven't even ironed out Archwing and now they are adding another gimmick. They need to stop adding things before at least attempting to polish up some of their more recent game modes.

Where did I say that it was always on hard missions? Nowhere. I also have an issue with people taxiing others because they are taking the easy way out which in turn leads to noobs trying to do high level S#&$ that I now have to carry through a mission.

I find archwing boring, but that could be a layout thing too. I do have all the archwings though.

It needs a lot of work, which is why I'm upset they announced sharkwing. They haven't even ironed out Archwing and now they are adding another gimmick. They need to stop adding things before at least attempting to polish up some of their more recent game modes.

I agree 100% with this^

Although I quite enjoy Archwing, sometimes, and don't class it as a gimmick

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

I think of new players errrtime I see

Need taxi to alert.

Need taxi to pluto.

Need taxi to boss x.

Getting a ride to to high tier content without previous work, teaches new players

N

O

T

H

I

N

G

so you mean no time in your time playing warframe someone hast taken you to a place you didnt map yourself? You are a rarity indeed. (btw didn't you say you were done? lol)

You guys are ridiculous, so you think making "gift from the lotus missions" available to everyone is too much ? Really ?

Again, it was never meant for everyone to be able to have it. It was meant to allow the players on the other side of the world a chance to get it. How long do you think Korean, Japanese, and Russian players would stay if they could never get the gift of the Lotus just because they didn't live in the same timezone?

so you mean no time in your time playing warframe someone hast taken you to a place you didnt map yourself? You are a rarity indeed. (btw didn't you say you were done? lol)

I did have someone taxi me to something after I reset my account. I had previously cleared the entire solar system without a taxi and I didn't feel like trying to do it all again right away.

Are Tower keys available to everyone right away? No, they require effort to Aquire. Then you use them. Whats the difference between that and this?

Is Rhino available to new players immediately? No.requires effort to obtain. Mr2 same as Aw...........

I can easily name many things that are available and not available at the beginning of warframe. Doesn't mean a thing and having an archwing and not having an archwing doesn't only apply to mr or experience, there are many people who boycott it , or just don't like it, so your argument stands invalid

Are Tower keys available to everyone right away? No, they require effort to Aquire. Then you use them. Whats the difference between that and this?

Is Rhino available to new players immediately? No.requires effort to obtain. Mr2 same as Aw...........

actually wave 20 on lares gets you a tower key usually and that is mercury. also with plat you can get the wrecking rhino pack and boom you are rhine. Same as when I see a MR0 on Mercury as a Hydroid or a Nekros.

Edited by Lord_Datastorm

actually wave 20 on lares gets you a tower key usually and that is mercury. also with plat you can get the wrecking rhino pack and boom you are rhine. Same as when I see a MR0 on Mercury as a Hydroid or a Nekros.

Again, you ignored the point.. 

You want something for nothing.

Bored with this. If you cant convince me, I doubt you will convince others.

I've even tried to give you ways to try with facts.

Oh well.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Again, you ignored the point..

You want something for nothing.

Bored with this. If you cant convince me, I doubt you will convince others.

I've even tried to give you ways to try with facts.

Oh well.

LOL looks like your in denial and ignored his point, you said tower keys weren't available to noobs but you can get them at mars, Venus, earth XD . feeling a Lil silly ? Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

LOL looks like your in denial and ignored his point, you said tower keys weren't available to noobs but you can get them at mars, Venus, earth XD . feeling a Lil silly ?

LOL looks like your in denial and ignored his point, you said tower keys weren't available to noobs but you can get them at mars, Venus, earth XD . feeling a Lil silly ?

...and mercury. Yes I think he is in denial.

You missed the rest as did he.

You feel silly fer assuming yet??

to go back to 1 of your statements no effort is required for anything that can be bought with platnium, or did you miss that.Also I have seen players run behind groups not fighting but getting the shared xp to level, no effort needed for that either.