Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift From The Lotus - Archwing

Lord_Datastorm

the percentage may be higher than you think.

And? DE didn't put Archwing in the game for people to ignore it. Think of them doing this as incentivizing you to actually build the Archwing. If you still can't be arsed to do it than that's you're choice.

Edit:

@ Egg_chen the 24 hour alerts after Devstreams started so that people in different timezones would all have the chance to get the Alert. Not so that it would be available to everybody. As someone else has already pointed out they are not always on Mercury and Earth but also on other higher "tier" planets. Those are not available to new players except through taxiing (which I disagree with but that's a whole other arguement.)

Edited by Avenwing

And? DE didn't put Archwing in the game for people to ignore it. Think of them doing this as incentivizing you to actually build the Archwing. If you still can't be arsed to do it than that's you're choice.

DE put everything into the game, but still people don't build certain things. It may be bows or shotguns, sniper rifles, kubrow/sentinels or certain frames. People can ignore whatever they choose to. No one should be forced to do certain things.

1) 0 to 8

2) not sure

3) every frame has a use no matter how high the planet

1) 0-8 level? If this is 0 level then no they shouldnt even look at things like this. If youre referring to MR 3 or higher, then theyve had plenty of time to prepare for 1 alert regardless of what gt.

2) Not sure? What do you mean?

3) Not what I asked about.

Would they survive if you werent there? Could they gett here without you or without a taxi?

DE put everything into the game, but still people don't build certain things. It may be bows or shotguns, sniper rifles, kubrow/sentinels or certain frames. People can ignore whatever they choose to. No one should be forced to do certain things.

True, but they still get "penalized," as you and Egg_Chen like to call it, for not building those certain things in the form of no mastery xp. Which can in turn limit what weapons/relays they can access. This will also have a bigger affect when/if Focus ever becomes a thing.

1) 0-8 level? If this is 0 level then no they shouldnt even look at things like this. If youre referring to MR 3 or higher, then theyve had plenty of time to prepare for 1 alert regardless of what gt.

2) Not sure? What do you mean?

3) Not what I asked about.

Would they survive if you werent there? Could they gett here without you or without a taxi?

not sure means I don't know what everyone has opened on their starchart. I can taxi anyone anywhere. I have seen MR1's survive on pluto, they didn't kill a lot but they did survive. Also a MR0 could still have a level 30 warframe. The person could be waiting to level. so you see any MR could survive pluto, just depends on the level of the frame and not the mastery of the player.

not sure means I don't know what everyone has opened on their starchart. I can taxi anyone anywhere. I have seen MR1's survive on pluto, they didn't kill a lot but they did survive. Also a MR0 could still have a level 30 warframe. The person could be waiting to level. so you see any MR could survive pluto, just depends on the level of the frame and not the mastery of the player.

You never answered whether they could actually complete an alert on Pluto without you being there to carry them.

I LOVE that this alert is Archwing. You people need to realize that AW is part of the MAIN game. Are you gonna whine when the new raid is going to require you to have an AW?

Glad you love it. And Archwing is still a secondary part of the game as much as PvP is. Not everyone does raids so that is meaningless. For the record I have all the Archwings.

I actually have Archwing but a potato isn't enough motivation to play it.

Also leveling up Archwing gear takes a flipping AGE.

If content ain't fun and it's forced on me I'll just skip it (like in the next raid it'll prolly be). I don't need to do everything after all.

Edited by Ziegrif

Again, youre trying to circumvent the questions.

I asked for MR and levels. 0-8 are arbitrary numbers without a referrence.

Done, have a nice day :)

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

True, but they still get "penalized," as you and Egg_Chen like to call it, for not building those certain things in the form of no mastery xp. Which can in turn limit what weapons/relays they can access. This will also have a bigger affect when/if Focus ever becomes a thing.

If Focus ever gets here. Even the devstream mentioned how it keeps getting parts cut out for other things.

If Focus ever gets here. Even the devstream mentioned how it keeps getting parts cut out for other things.

Read that bolded part again.......

Edited by Avenwing

The way I see it is if a whole Archwing event came and went, and you don't have an Archwing (and you aren't new) you clearly don't want one, which is fine.

But don't complain cuz you can't get a potato because you chose not to build it. It's only a potato, it's a free one, they come every two weeks, and it's easy for even a new 'wing.

If a potato is gonna make you build an Archwing, lol.

If you don't have an archwing, it's tough IMO, can the vets/regular players not have nothing? without the newer guys saying its not fair?

I mastered all the archwings, why you may ask, because its part of the game and to progress in rank you got to acquire/level all the things.

Like others have already stated if you choose to bypass some of the games content, then you should not really complain when you miss something which requires said content to complete.

I like to wear training shoes, but my work requires me to wear regulation safety boots.

If I turn up at work without said safety boots, I get no work, no reward/wages, you get where I'm going with this?

I didn't see it till after you edit it. Now now no name calling.

The post of me quoting myself is not edited. There would be a triangle with an ! mark inside it saying "Avenwing edited this post a X:XX pm"

it's not difficult and players certainly aren't entitled to catalysts - but the tileset has horribly buggy enemy spawns in excavate mode, and it's dumb for it to be weighted rng rewards

I agree. That still doesn't mean they can whine about an Archwing alert.

I don't understand how this is arguable, of its a "gift from the lotus" shouldn't all players be able to access the mission? Noob or not.

The gift of the lotus came about because the Devs are in Canada, when they do their devstreams people on the otherside of the world are asleep and if it were like a typical alert those people would NEVER get a gift of the lotus. It isn't so everybody and their mother can get it, otherwise it would always be on the very first mission on the very first planet but sometimes it's on Phobos or Uranus.

Edited by Avenwing

The way I see it is if a whole Archwing event came and went, and you don't have an Archwing (and you aren't new) you clearly don't want one, which is fine.

But don't complain cuz you can't get a potato because you chose not to build it. It's only a potato, it's a free one, they come every two weeks, and it's easy for even a new 'wing.

If a potato is gonna make you build an Archwing, lol.

This is a perfectly valid argument...  for vets.  The Archwing event was six months ago.  The problem is that the Gift of the Lotus typically benefits new players the most (which is why it's on Mercury, the 'starter' planet) but new players are the ones being locked out of this one because it's tied to a mastery-locked quest they probably didn't finish.  Potatoes are worth more the fewer of them you have (people like us probably don't need one) and the time, resource, and credit investment needed to build an Archwing is more significant at lower levels (where it's harder to farm) than it would be for people like us.

Won't someone please think of the children new players?

Edited by Trylobyte