Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenging Myself. And A Challenge For You.

Ah, the joys of modding without the "essentials". Take a look at the build that I use on my Excalibur as my main frame: http://goo.gl/91q9OD. 

My weapons? Mk-1 Braton (admittedly, 3-forma'ed), Dex Furis (with 1 forma), and a Skana. 

Is the loadout effective? Well, Radiant Finish is a great equalizer, but if I don't have energy for it then no, it's not the most effective of loadouts. But I use it as my main loadout all the same because it adds a level of excitement. 

My current challenge is to actually complete an Extermination mission in Ceres with this particular loadout. You'll be surprised at how difficult it can be, considering that I also limit myself to only gaining energy through orb drops as much as possible. 

4. (PC Only) Grab an Arcane Thrak Rhino Helmet, Hobbled Key, and challenge higher MR ranked players to speed runs in Void Captures. (No Abilities, just Coptering and Directional Melee)

That is too easy.

Please ban specific weapons.

I tried the drop kicking once but was bored.

Took too long to drop kick a level 75 napalm.

Edited by fatpig84

There was a similar thread a while back. With a pretty challenging idea: T4S with an unmodded frame and a modded weapon OR a modded frame and an unmodded weapon. No powers allowed.

The one I recorded was a 23min - 24min run:

Other then that, the challenges I run are usually solo melee-only assassinations against bosses that aren't exactly meant to be meleed, like Lephantis, Ruk, Lech Krill, Raptor, Vay Hek, etc...

That is too easy.

Please ban specific weapons.

I tried the drop kicking once but was bored.

Took too long to drop kick a level 75 napalm.

Generally if you challenge someone of higher MR rank, they are going to have a weapon at least as good if not better than yours for speed runs. That's why i didn't restrict them.

I always do this with my frames (after my first three months of play). Because I don't see the fun in spamming a certain ability all the time. This way it makes me concentrate on every move I, my teammates and the enemies  make. I find it more fun (challenging) this way.

I initially thought I was going to get one-shot by the first Heavy Gunner that spawned, but, much to my surprise, as long as I kept WarCry on I managed to shred everything in my way, dashing and wall-running everywhere so they couldn't hit me. 

Unmodded Valkyr has 900 effective health. Not too bad.

It's like my experience with last nightmare alert. I took my Chroma with only Prisma Skana equipped to find out that i can't get my armor buff from Vex Armor and the second thing - that it doesn't hurt that much, because of ~3000 effective health still being here thanks to Steel Fiber and Vitality.

I want to try a lot of this stuff now, and I have ideas for things I want to do, but not all of them can be done solo. For example, I'd like to see a squad of all melee try to see how long they can go on T4 survival. No corrosive proj, just steel charge. Loki to take away their guns, and the only weapons the squad can equip are melee. It would be interesting to see how long people could go like that. Something like Loki + Ash + Valkyr + Volt might be interesting for lots of melee/utility speed. 

I have soloed Vay Hek with a really weak Limbo using only a Latron. 

Soloed Lephantis but I did that later when I had better equipment, not nearly as hard. 

When I was new and my second frame ever was Oberon, I used him with only my dual zorens to solo vault runs. It might not sound hard, but imagine having weak gear, being fairly inexperienced, and trying to solo the whole thing, knowing you only have a 1 in four chance of having the right key and knowing the key you do equip is messing with your stats, making the whole thing more difficult. 

It would also be interesting to see a T4 Defense where the only restriction is that everyone has to equip a dragon key, then see how far they can manage to go. LOL. 

I think I've soloed all the bosses now, except perhaps for Mutualist Salad V. I don't remember if I have done him alone or not. 

Sometimes I like to challenge myself by taking a weaker secondary or something to a solo survival run in the void, usually T3 if I have it, and see how far I can get using only the weaker/secondary weapon. 

I should try it some day with other frames, but I have a feeling they won't be able to stand that level 40+ hitscan...

2 ProTips:

1. Speed kills, Speed saves....Speed is awesome. If you are fast enough, they simply can't hit you with more than a couple bullets. Granted they hurt like hell, but two shouldnt kill you.

2. Roll...When you are rolling you get a huge damage reduction, from everything, including slash/fire procs. Also ive noticed that a good front flip throws the AI aim off a bit too.

2 ProTips:

1. Speed kills, Speed saves....Speed is awesome. If you are fast enough, they simply can't hit you with more than a couple bullets. Granted they hurt like hell, but two shouldnt kill you.

2. Roll...When you are rolling you get a huge damage reduction, from everything, including slash/fire procs. Also ive noticed that a good front flip throws the AI aim off a bit too.

This is why I chose Valkyr in the first place, for the melee speed buff. I find it harder to shoot enemies when I have to move around this much to dodge everything they throw at me. However I chose Serro as a weapon for extra challenge, which is very slow without War Cry and has a high stamina cost.

I'm thinking of using Volt Prime with Speed next, he has good base stats.

However I chose Serro as a weapon for extra challenge, which is very slow without War Cry and has a high stamina cost.

It's one of my favourite weapons and it's immensely powerful, the speed is ok. For extra challenge single daggers are advised or something like Sylva&Aegis, Venka or plasma sword.