Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think All These "nerfs" Are To Fool Us

ADDpillz

I realized the day of the patch that It was mmo marketing 101. Nerf popular trending stuff and release new shiny stuff in new patch.

I pray to RNGsus they fix their S#&$.

Edited by Bubsters

Ehh, I just reset. I farmed Trinity components again (4 runs last time 5 runs this time ^.^) bought sicarus, and 3 other weapon blueprints. The market change really wasn't that bad. What is holding me back right now is that after all of that, my single "useful" mod drop was shocking touch.

Edited by Kotoso

KvotheTheArcane1: Does that mean it's impossible for it to be true?

You'll never know.

nooooooo!

edit:

Ehh, I just reset. I farmed Trinity components again (4 runs last time 5 runs this time ^.^) bought sicarus, and 3 other weapon blueprints. The market change really wasn't that bad. What is holding me back right now is that after all of that, my single "useful" mod drop was shocking touch.

But the problem is for new players who have to farm for alloy plates, it's a big turn off.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I wouldn't go as far as the op, but it's a bit discouraging atm. Checking the forums, warframe was put up for review and didn't do so well. The main gripe of reviewers was not 'warframes are unbalanced' or 'more warframes needed', but rather that presently there's not much content in-game.

You can wish all reviewers to hell, but they did have a point. I just hope the next patch will bring us less controversy and new missions/maps/enemies.

The game still has lots of potential, hopefully the developers haven't given up on that and turned this into something the op suggests.

hmm now that you've exposed the secret plans, all original plans to revert the nerfs will have to be canceled so as not to prove that plans ever existed. Nerfs will have to stay...

lol :) I've had a good laugh.

EDIT: psst.. maybe next alloy plate can be bought with plats?

Edited by smithf

Or maybe they adapted the crafting system to try and encourage players to play more by farming many resources and not only credits so that when they release new content it's not acquired in half a day and then people go "meh, already got everything, I'm gonna wait until something new come out for the game". Please remember that this game NEEDS to generate some money to live, people want something quicker than those that pay nothing, it's okay, but you have to pay for it. Not everything in a game (certainly not a PvE one) should be easy to acquire, in less than a month I had almost every frame and every weapon this game has to offer, so yeah, making them harder to obtain is quite a good way for me to keep waiting and trying to have what I want. Remember, Ninjas play free (and support the devs by buying horrible colors from the market).

Or maybe they adapted the crafting system to try and encourage players to play more by farming many resources and not only credits so that when they release new content it's not acquired in half a day and then people go "meh, already got everything, I'm gonna wait until something new come out for the game". Please remember that this game NEEDS to generate some money to live, people want something quicker than those that pay nothing, it's okay, but you have to pay for it. Not everything in a game (certainly not a PvE one) should be easy to acquire, in less than a month I had almost every frame and every weapon this game has to offer, so yeah, making them harder to obtain is quite a good way for me to keep waiting and trying to have what I want. Remember, Ninjas play free (and support the devs by buying horrible colors from the market).

Bore the new players to death so that they won't chew through the content so quickly?

BRILLIANT PLAN.

Meanwhile us longtime players are still champing at the bit and screeching for new content. 

Nothing has been accomplished other than killing the influx of new players aka revenue.

Heretic! Burn him alive!

Bore the new players to death so that they won't chew through the content so quickly?

BRILLIANT PLAN.

Meanwhile us longtime players are still champing at the bit and screeching for new content. 

Nothing has been accomplished other than killing the influx of new players aka revenue.

Well, let's hope update 8 brings us more content and more difficulty then, this should compensate the boredom. I still don't think easier-to-get-items is a good solution neither are hard-as-hell-to-get-items (maybe a few ?). Like everything in a game, the crafting system needs balance.  I'm not saying some things aren't overpriced or anything, but maybe they found (like me) that it was really too easy to get new and good stuff. Anyway, let's see what the devs will do, they're not idiots nor thieves.

Well, let's hope update 8 brings us more content and more difficulty then, this should compensate the boredom. I still don't think easier-to-get-items is a good solution neither are hard-as-hell-to-get-items (maybe a few ?). Like everything in a game, the crafting system needs balance.  I'm not saying some things aren't overpriced or anything, but maybe they found (like me) that it was really too easy to get new and good stuff. Anyway, let's see what the devs will do, they're not idiots nor thieves.

The new and good stuff included the strun, latron, and burston. You know, the entry-level weapons that almost nobody uses? This market change hurts new players (not to mention the fact that mercury is currently impossible due to door glitches) while long-time players with modded weapons are more or less unaffected.

And unfortunately, I'm beginning to doubt that (bolded text). Malice or stupidity, right?

Everything within reason. I don't think putting some credit weapons to BP is a horrific idea though I think a simple price inflation would have been sufficient.

However making everything cost alloy plate is just awful, everyone is already suffering alloy plate fatigue and the planets you can get it on are way too limited. I don't think there's even an infested defense on any of those planets. 

Additionally the stuff that got turned BP-only is largely mid-tier stuff that isn't taken seriously by a large portion of the playerbase to begin with. However they were great for providing variety to newer players and covering up the tedium that is the endless grind.

With U8 within the week, this just seemed unnecessary...and cruel to the resetters who waited for a long time to have another crack at things. And of course the new players which are the lifeblood of any multiplayer game.

Additionally this is just anti-productive to DE's goal of making money or growing the playerbase. I don't know what they were thinking.

Not directly related, but actually, the starting weapons are pretty decent. Cronus is also available early. I always find it a shame that the starter items are passed too quickly (and then veterans will buy them back to level them for Mastery.  recently got Lato back, unpotatoed, and using it in Saturn/Uranus).

As for hurting new players, I guess it is not the blueprint thing that matters but alloy plate. I do feel that blue printing the "advanced" weapons will make a better sense of progression (speaking from neutral perspective). But the alloy plate requirement is too high.. (wrt to the drop rate and that every other blueprint requires hundreds of it. Although Venus is quite a low level system, it feels like too much grinding to maintain the fun). It will also be more in line with the way new weapons are introduced. (previously, all the weapons were available from market because it is Beta, and there need to be testing before some stuff are properly in place, software-wise and community-wise.)

I think keeping the weapons as blueprints is better overall, but I also think that materials required should be adjusted.

Edited by smithf

There's a frame that costs more than $30.

I think it was frost.

And Frost hasn't been nerfed yet .

I expect him to be nerfed the patch after Prime is released as to maximize Cash Per Min .