Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Planets To Scale

Zectifin

They should make Earth more 'legit'. I mean Everest seems nothing like a mountain at all :/

But well if you argue that they are just the name of the spaceships that orbit around that planet... then :OKAY:

Maybe in DE's fictional world it's this way even if it makes little sense. Such as ice on Venus and not to size planets. Plus it's far in the future too. 

In regards to realism cityscapes would be great though. While ME3 completely and utterly failed (more things than one mind you) at depicting the ruined streets of London I'd love to go through DE's version of it instead. 

Edited by Naith

Maybe in DE's fictional world it's this way even if it makes little sense. Such as ice on Venus and not to size planets. Plus it's far in the future too. 

In regards to realism cityscapes would be great though. While ME3 completely and utterly failed (more things than one mind you) at depicting the ruined streets of London I'd love to go through DE's version of it instead. 

I love when a game says "you're going to be fighting in this real world location to get you more invested" and it has NOTHING to do with said location.

I'd rather it be a made up city. When a game gets the look and feel of a real world place that you've been to before, its quite immersive.

Yeah, how about no. I would rather not spend hours trying to find the tiny dots that are Eris and Pluto. Also, before anyone suggests it, making the planets a realistic distance from each other would not be okay either.

scr00006lo.jpg

Good luck, Tenno.

Heck, I'm pretty sure even that isn't realistic, if I remember my 9th grade science correctly the distance between planets past Jupiter goes up by several orders of magnitude. (as in, with a Pluto orbit of the same size as shown in that picture you wouldn't even be able to see the orbits of the inner 4 or 5 planets.

Edited by Nuntium

Heck, I'm pretty sure even that isn't realistic, if I remember my 9th grade science correctly the distance between planets past Jupiter goes up by several orders of magnitude. (as in, with a Pluto orbit of the same size as shown in that picture you wouldn't even be able to see the orbits of the inner 4 or 5 planets.

It is to scale, look real close at the lens flare from the sun, you can see a bunch of orbit tracks mashed in together.

It is to scale, look real close at the lens flare from the sun, you can see a bunch of orbit tracks mashed in together.

Ohhh gotcha, I see them now. First time I didn't actually click on the picture and they were invisible.

Anyway, a little bit more realism wouldn't be too bad, as in, planets orbiting the right direction, Venus not having ice levels, and the "planets" that are actually moons orbiting their planets and not the sun.