Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Boss Battle System

S0ulre4per

Hi.

This is a question that has been bugging me for few days.

i posted this in general because i couldnt figure it out where to post this type of queston.

If necessary then move it to proper section

Boss battles

enemies are cool

there are diferent tactics for some bosses

but for now bosses are only aim and shoot types.

i was wondering.....will bosses ever get something more....for example - some quicktime events where you need to press specific button to chop off someones arm and force them in to next stage

or the swords clashing together melee button mashing?......

(Vay Hek and Lech Krill has something like that) but still you need to shoot A LOT.

I know it cant be done that easy in online mode.......but what about solo mode.....could it work there?

How should this be sperated from the online mode, if going for solo mode? cO

Don't get me wrong, but the content is always the same, no matter what type of mode you would prefer and play with.

Timed instances would be great. Have quite a good and challenging experiences with it:

Blade & Soul (more harsh trigger events).

Devil May Cry.

Ninja Gaiden (dat awful memories ... where enemies on hardest difficulty were ripping you apart ... *pain* dabilahro ftw!)...

Quick time events do not make a boss. They don't even make the boss fun.

Invincibility stages do not make a boss, either, which is something we have a lot of.

We need bosses with:

- High health (WAY more than 4000+ hp)

- Damage resistances

- High damage-dealing capabilities. (They need to be a challenge, but not so hard we can't solo)

- Healing abilities/Slowly regenerating health (No invincibility stages, but still not easy to kill)

- Special attacks unlocked at a certain % of health.

- Desperation attacks (Similar to the special attacks, but only done when near death)

- Some other element (Hacking, shooting weakspots to temporarily immobilize the boss, shooting off armor so you can deal extra damage, etc.)

QTEs would not make things fun, nor would they change the shabby boss system we have now.

How should this be sperated from the online mode, if going for solo mode? cO

Don't get me wrong, but the content is always the same, no matter what type of mode you would prefer and play with.

Timed instances would be great. Have quite a good and challenging experiences with it:

Blade & Soul (more harsh trigger events).

Devil May Cry.

Ninja Gaiden (dat awful memories ... where enemies on hardest difficulty were ripping you apart ... *pain* dabilahro ftw!)...

we could seperate it from online mode with specific missions where you can go solo only....that way we can use this type of mechanic

Invincibility stages do not make a boss, either, which is something we have a lot of.

We need bosses with:

- Damage resistances

- High damage-dealing capabilities. (They need to be a challenge, but not so hard we can't solo)

- Healing abilities/Slowly regenerating health (No invincibility stages, but still not easy to kill)

- Desperation attacks (Similar to the special attacks, but only done when near death)

- Some other element (Hacking, shooting weakspots to temporarily immobilize the boss, shooting off armor so you can deal extra damage, etc.)

QTEs would not make things fun, nor would they change the shabby boss system we have now.

your ideas are good

but for the QTE i meant we use them only to force boss in to his next stage

We need bosses with:

- Damage resistances

Those points do match 100% the "Uniques" (bosses) of Silkroad Online.

Each 1/4% HP loss, they will spawn elite monsters, do buff theirselves or gain some advanced high health puffer, and whatsnot.

Wasn't that challenging overall. Just time consuming.

- Damage resistances

These are pretty good, but I have some problems.

- High health with over 4,000... bosses like this will need to be clearly designated as advanced rather than star-chart because it's hard to expect the average player who's just finished Pluto to have a 10/10 Serration, 5/5 Split Chamber and all 4 5/5 elemental mods at the least.

- Damage resistances and high health, or damage resistances OR high health?

- One look at the Manic tells you how well that went.

- Again, Manic. Community got it nerfed from constantly (a little too) high to 2% per second when left alone.

- Vor, Jackal, Ruk, Lech Kril and Lephantis already have this, although I agree.

- As long as DE don't consider a desperation attack to be team-wipe unless you do something stupidly convoluted, okay.

- Sounds good, but as long as weakspots are kept to do certain effects (like immobilisation as mentioned or 100% status proc if hit there) rather than just be the sole point damage can be dealt, that's fine.

Check this Concept:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/451204-assassination-missions-dynamic-rework/

Recap: it's generically a dynamic Bossfight that is set up by 3 random sabotage tasks that will influence the final fight.
It aims to give the player a better feeling of inflitration and facing obstacles between Tennos and their objective, making the mission more interesting and removing the necessity to rush the fight in the shortest time.

Edited by Burnthesteak87