Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe As An Anime

x_Soulframe_x

Now we all now that warframe, has some very good anime assets in it, the thing is that it would be much to difficult and costly to make. But, because I'm bored I decided to think up an episode one anime storyboard for warframe. The series could probably start off two different ways, either make the reality the game or make the game part of our reality.

What I mean in the underlined section is that either (1) the world of warframe is the anime's reality, (2)or the anime is set in the current reality (where we live today) and warframe is just a game. (2) Will have a similar setting to SAO 2 where Kirito goes in and out of the game constantly.

Ok, sorry I need to draw out the storyboards first :P I posted this a little too early by accident, but tell me what you guys think so far and which you support (1) or (2) 

-Also the storyboards will probably be coming around 2-3 weeks from now because I'm on vacation currently.

Edited by x_Soulframe_x

And now I can see a plotline where it is switching between IRL and in-game, but it might turn out that the world of Warframe is somewhat real in that it's an alternate universe that the players are interacting with by controlling their Warframes through the game.

...that sounded better and made more sense in my head and I am about to go to bed right now.

If you're going with idea 1, it would be amazing but difficult to pull off. Part of the allure of the Tenno is that you're not exactly sure what they are. Are they guardians of the system? Malevolent ghosts back for vengeance? Opportunistic mercenaries? Do even they know?

That said, you wouldn't be able to present the Tenno in a very encompassing manner. You can't allow the audience to perceive them as human, but you can't allow them to discount that possibility either. They shouldn't be stereotypical good guys, because they aren't. They are much more like forces of nature, implacable, unstoppable, deadly.

That said, I'd still watch the hell out of it, even if it's the second idea.

You can take some inspiration on some anime that have similar aspects to it and combine the best aspects of those similar anime with warframe's unique animation and design and lore for example (World Trigger, Project K, Other Ninja Anime, Other mecha Sci-Fi Anime, upcoming God Eater anime etc) I would be curious how this will turn out and who knows If DE likes your work maybe they can fund you our collaborate with you and some of the industries best animation/comic producers/publishers for tie-in works.

I don't know why, but whenever I try to picture warframe in an anime it always comes out looking like Claymore with a Hellsing Ultimate level of violence.

Yeah I also Imagine it with Crazy like Fate Zero/Fate SN levels of Budget

You can take some inspiration on some anime that have similar aspects to it and combine the best aspects of those similar anime with warframe's unique animation and design and lore for example (World Trigger, Project K, Other Ninja Anime, Other mecha Sci-Fi Anime, upcoming God Eater anime etc) I would be curious how this will turn out and who knows If DE likes your work maybe they can fund you our collaborate with you and some of the industries best animation/comic producers/publishers for tie-in works.

I just hope if it's Option 1, the Tenno still don't speak. As for 2, obviously they won't because it's based off the game. If it's 3, I have no idea what to do without destroying the game. Telepathy? Hasn't been proven. Lotus communication directly? Not proven. So, I hope it isn't 3.

I just hope if it's Option 1, the Tenno still don't speak. As for 2, obviously they won't because it's based off the game. If it's 3, I have no idea what to do without destroying the game. Telepathy? Hasn't been proven. Lotus communication directly? Not proven. So, I hope it isn't 3.

The way to deal with non speaking group like the Tenno, is you don't make them the main character. You make another character(s) who is with them be the main character. Ex. a Lotus operative who is working with the Tenno to do w/e. A group of people (non Tenno) can make dialog diverse, since much of the Tenno "dialog" would be the non Tenno character reacting to their body language. Like how in Shin Megami Tensai the main character doesn't speak but everyone responds to him like he is.

It isn't lore breaking that the Tenno don't speak. There is no evidence that we don't. The Stalker who I believe is biologically the same as us Tenno (disputable) talks. Also if you think that chat, and even our voice in missions is the Tenno speaking then we do speak a lot. The lack of Tenno talking in scenes is due to DE wanting to keep each of us as a Unique individual and not make us feel like we are controlling different people (rather a single being in varying suits).

The anime could also be based around the past, like the Old War or fall of the Orokin (both) where many fought with the Tenno so non Tenno allies would be abundant.

If warframe had anime, It would just be a bunch of randomly scattered episodes or like the halo legends movie, little stories that could tie in. And could we refrain from SAO... Just watch .Hack

I'd prefer a story rather than random episodes. Random episodes to me just seem like long cut scenes from various games. It could be random points in a timeline that tell an overarcing story.