Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Primary, Secondary And Melee Against Everything.

--RV--Cola

Question

I am looking mostly for Primary/Secondary weapons that work well in lvl 40-50 missions and are easily obtainable, I've already got the Dread, but I'm looking for something a bit more automatic, even tho I like the bow.

The Brakk secondary is kinda hard to come by, I just don't get that many marks on me for whatever reason.

As for melee, I've decided to go for Tipedo, but you can make other offers, just explain why other melee weapons are better than Tipedo.

P.S - Is there a way to get back an accidentally sold frame, like a support ticket or something?

17 answers to this question

Boltor Prime is a good primary, but I prefer Soma Prime.

Lex Prime one hits basically everything, Dex Furis are a good auto sidearm.

Dragon Nikana is good, so is Galatine. Glaive is pretty nice too, not the most damaging, but can be used with brutal efficiency.

Did you get the... prisma skana :O <=== I have not stopped using this since I got it and it carries me into and hour of T4 going melee only. Awesome weapon with great modding opportunities.

Not to waste time naming off weapons you wouldn't be able to use:

What is your mastery rank?

Do you belong to a clan? if yes is research done?

Do you prefer precision, or spray and pray?

Edited by Modulus14

Did you get the... prisma skana :O <=== I have not stopped using this since I got it and it carries me into and hour of T4 going melee only. Awesome weapon with great modding opportunities.

Not to waste time naming off weapons you wouldn't be able to use:

What is your mastery rank?

Do you belong to a clan? if yes is research done?

Do you prefer precision, or spray and pray?

Yes, No

Both, I'm not specifically good at any playstyle sadly :(

Depends.

For high lvl bow gameplay: try Paris prime. Plays pretty similar but has higher numbers on armored units.

Automatic: Boltor prime or soma prime

Special weapons: Phage (spread mechanic, eather good ae or brutal singletarget dps. Consumes ammo pretty fast tho) or if you had the chance: event Quanta

Secondary: brakk(melee range), synoid gammacor(ammo consuming), vaykor Marelok(probably the strongest secondary atm, without falloffs)

For melee: Dakra Prime (w Crimson dervish, strongest dps weapon while melee is equipped), Dragon Nikana (good balance on quick-melee and melee gameplay) or Galatine/scindo prime (Tempo royale and cleaving whirlwind are both amazing stances)

Boltor,paris, synoid, dakra and vaykor are not that hard to get or expensive of you wanna buy them. Phage is a dojo weapon.

Crimson dervish, soma prime, scindo prime and the dragon nikana might be more problematic but you'll get them eventually.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Primary-Opticor 10k+ shots half charged.

Secondary-Vaykor Marelok is my choice for status.

Melee-Galatine, personally, i freaking enjoy crushing bones with this thing.

Depends.

For high lvl bow gameplay: try Paris prime. Plays pretty similar but has higher numbers on armored units.

Automatic: Boltor prime or soma prime

Special weapons: Phage (spread mechanic, eather good ae or brutal singletarget dps. Consumes ammo pretty fast tho) or if you had the chance: event Quanta

Secondary: brakk(melee range), synoid gammacor(ammo consuming), vaykor Marelok(probably the strongest secondary atm, without falloffs)

For melee: Dakra Prime (w Crimson dervish, strongest dps weapon while melee is equipped), Dragon Nikana (good balance on quick-melee and melee gameplay) or Galatine/scindo prime (Tempo royale and cleaving whirlwind are both amazing stances)

Boltor,paris, synoid, dakra and vaykor are not that hard to get or expensive of you wanna buy them. Phage is a dojo weapon.

Crimson dervish, soma prime, scindo prime and the dragon nikana might be more problematic but you'll get them eventually.

Galatine is still good? Huh, didn't know that!

I've got one potatoed and 2x forma, any modding suggestions?

Its from the days when Galatine first came out(and was the best weapon in the game IMO), so I don't remember the polarities right now.

You need a burst or auto most-used weapon for optimal results vs Nullifiers. You want a proc on your melee weapon for dealing with stuff that melee can have trouble with like fliers and rollers. You want crazy DPS backup weapon for melting bosses and invaders. Ammo economy should be good on your burst/auto to use it all the time and not have to worry about economy on the DPS melter weapon.

Tiberon with a simple damage build, no Heavy Caliber.

Synoid Gammacor stacked for maximum DPS at the expense of all else.

Dual Cleavers w/augment for the proc.

My 2¢

Galatine is still good? Huh, didn't know that!

I've got one potatoed and 2x forma, any modding suggestions?

Its from the days when Galatine first came out(and was the best weapon in the game IMO), so I don't remember the polarities right now.

Galatine is pretty equal to the scindo prime. The only difference is the reversed status/krit on a better range. The build should be placed equal tho.

Stack max dmg and only add berserker, range and optional lifestrike. Feel free to push the status a bit if you want to. You'll have to add eather V or - polaritys for the best build.

Tempo royale for utility(works best with frames that give a speed boost, valkyr and volt. The stance knockdown becomes a reliable CC if you push it a bit) and cleaving for max dps

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Galatine is pretty equal to the scindo prime. The only difference is the reversed status/krit on a better range. The build should be placed equal tho.

Stack max dmg and only add berserker, range and optional lifestrike. Feel free to push the status a bit if you want to. You'll have to add eather V or - polaritys for the best build.

Tempo royale for utility(works best with frames that give a speed boost, valkyr and volt. The stance knockdown becomes a reliable CC if you push it a bit) and cleaving for max dps

Alright, thanks, when I get all those mods I'll certainly use them xD

Pretty much any weapon can be made into a good one with potatoes and formas.

But if you really want a list:

Soma Prime, syndicate secondary (whichever you prefer, all 6 are great), tipedo/dragon nikana

These, in my opinion, are the most universal. Also use corrosive elemental combo if you're too lazy to make mod loadouts for different factions. (else use corrosive for grineer/void, viral for infested, magnetic/toxin for corpus)

Edited by maumastoks

another idea:

use different weapon for different faction:
some corrosive primary, like Soma Prime for grineer/corrupted

something strong magnetic (synoid gammacor) or toxin (acrid only with toxin build) for corpus. I just clear out corpus using my acrid with 3-4 formas

fast viral slash melee (like tipedo) for infested

I thought it was:-

Radiation+Viral/Cold for Grineer

Magnetic+Toxic for Corpus

Corrosive+Heat for Infested

Corrosive+Cold for Void

?

Or is that out of date now?

warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 Edited by Zolfan

I thought it was:-

Radiation+Viral/Cold for Grineer

Magnetic+Toxic for Corpus

Corrosive+Heat for Infested

Corrosive+Cold for Void

?

Or is that out of date now?

That's all good except vs Grineer i prefer running Radiation+toxic if i only have 3 elements to slot. Cold won't really help you if you have rad already, you need to compensate your maluses vs ferrite more than stacking bonuses against alloy