The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Can Equip A Skin Onle On One Prime Weapon, Why Not All?

Raniu

Glaive Prime can use the Proto Glaive skin.

Reaper Prime gets Candy Cane Skin.

But Paris Prime or Orthos Prime can't have their respective Day of the Dead skins equipped.

I bought them only for those two weapons, yet they remain unused because I don't have the non-primed weapons XD

It's silly, because DE can earn platinum that stops rotating between players for those skins, they would actually earn monies.

Still waiting for fix.

Edit: added relevant quote.

Edited by Raniu

The reason you can use the Proto skin on the Glaive Prime is that the Proto skin is a full model replacement. Applying the Day of the Dead skins to the Orthos P and Paris P would require creating new skins for those weapons, since they use different models from their non-Prime counterparts.

That said I'd REALLY love to have Day of the Dead skins for my Paris P and Orthos P.

The reason you can use the Proto skin on the Glaive Prime is that the Proto skin is a full model replacement. Applying the Day of the Dead skins to the Orthos P and Paris P would require creating new skins for those weapons, since they use different models from their non-Prime counterparts.

That said I'd REALLY love to have Day of the Dead skins for my Paris P and Orthos P.

Not a good counter argument. So why cant we equip a Brokk hammer skin on our Scindo Prime? I mean, thats a full model replacement for the Scindo too.

Edited by Monster-T

It's not really an argument, it's an explanation for why certain skins can't work on certain weapons. Now, the Brokk skin on the Scindo Prime seems doable if they want to flip that switch. Day of the Dead, that requires actual creation of new content.

Why then i can't equip Manticore skin on it?

Not a good counter argument. So why cant we equip a Brokk hammer skin on our Scindo Prime? I mean, thats a full model replacement for the Scindo too.

Brokk is for hammers, Manticore for axes, scindo is an axe.

Edited by Necr0Ra1se

They could do it so prime weapons with skins that don't replace the model look like non-prime variants. For instance have Paris Prime with Day of the Dead skin look exactly the same like regular Paris with Day of the Dead skin.

the reason the proto-glaive and candy cane skins can but used on primes is cause they are limited time(a week at most) items(anniversary and christmas respectively) while the rest of the skins can be bought from the market. Now the day of the dead skins, while only appearing during Halloween, are buyable for an entire month. there is also the fact that all prime weapons have different meshes, so naturally they day of the dead skins wouldn't work with them.