Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Kogake Hate Post [Suggestions Included]

MattHarrigan

*RAGING*

So whats the deal with Kogake?

That damn slide drop kick attack. It basically costs nothing, nothing (it even helps evading gunfire) but topples the enemy over... WTF!? It's an op mechanic that %$#()#@) needs to go! *wipes saliva bubbles from mouth*

Suggestion: Make Sure Footed actually viable, make it block the Kogake drop kick. But please remove the stun that comes with the Sure Footed autoblock. I have nothing but the animation just buff it a bit, make it shorter or remove the locks on the animations.

b7ebf2b8d2586e1aff39129914127cba5c9ff4d3

***END OF RAGE POST***

Sure footed works, some of the time.  Handspring works every time, all the time.  Also dodge them, I honestly have only been knocked down from a Kogake user once, and I still got up in time to Tigris him in the face.

Kogake its a little problem right now, you just have to stay away from that people, is not easy to use something that requires aim to do, like kogake now after the nerf on MM...

Sure Footed its working, maybe the ping its causing problem and dont let you avoid those players.

Make Kogake pop enemy players into the air at high velocities to make it impossible to be hit again until they land. /s

Some damage immunity while under the effects of knockdown would be great though.  Possibly even give players the slight opportunity to counter a knockdown.

you are also seeing more noobgake since the strun wraith nerf since it has now become harder to deal with noobgake with anything but a strong automatic, a lex prime or an OP skill (or the daikyu if the person is using a light or really armored frame)...

you are also seeing more noobgake since the strun wraith nerf since it has now become harder to deal with noobgake with anything but a strong automatic, a lex prime or an OP skill (or the daikyu if the person is using a light or really armored frame)...

noobgake? Whats next? Gelatinoobs? Dont start with that.

YES there are ways to counter Kogake, but on tight maps (especially the desert map in annihilation) Kogake is extremely strong.

My point being it is op because it basically costs you nothing to perform the slide attack. A powerful move like toppling over your enemy should always have a drawback/cost.

Compare it with normal melee knockdown attack. The heavier the weapon the bigger the impact radius but the longer is usually the animation time which is crucial because it's the "cost" of the attack.

Really?  Just swing with 99% of melee weapons when they move in for the knockdown (hint: most of the melee weapons in PVP make you immune to knockdowns when attacking), they will either :

a.) miss their slide attack completely because it has a fairly small hit box and the movement on most melee attack animations can make it harder to land

or

b.) will try to start quick meleeing you when they realize their slide attack didn't knock you down, meaning that with most melee weapons you will have a major head start on damage because of the pause between finishing their slide and going to quick melee. 

Or if you have a mobility weapon you can just run away and shoot them.

It's incredibly easy to counter and not something most people can land consistently.  It boggles my mind that people still think that it's OP.

Edited by Aggh

Don't forget that basically performing any action animation cancels knockdown and staggers of any form, including Mag's Pull.  This includes rolling.

Still don't get why people haven't raged about Fragor's massive knockdown slam attack...maybe I haven't spammed that slam attack on enough people, yet...

Kogake hit box seems to be reduced compared to what it used to be. It is much harder to hit now. I think it is fine

Still don't get why people haven't raged about Fragor's massive knockdown slam attack...maybe I haven't spammed that slam attack on enough people, yet...

Fragor can't copter. Enemies will out run you. Even its directional melee is much slower than Bo Prime's

Kogake hit box seems to be reduced compared to what it used to be. It is much harder to hit now. I think it is fine

Fragor can't copter. Enemies will out run you. Even its directional melee is much slower than Bo Prime's

How about valkyr and volt?

Oh, I finally found a post asking to nerf the fragor, lol.

Its slam attack one-shots on direct contact, and has a large aoe knockdown. Anyone that falls victim to someone properly spamming slam attack on it will probably get rather frustrated.

Its slam attack one-shots on direct contact, and has a large aoe knockdown. Anyone that falls victim to someone properly spamming slam attack on it will probably get rather frustrated.

Pretty sure he was pointing out all its faults and most definitely not asking for a nerf.

With the risk of derailing this thread towards other weapons I want to answer here because it's somehow the same argument like before.

Fragor's damage is justified by its extremely low attack speed. Have you ever played with it? 1. It's hard to hit a direct contact slam attack. 2. The knockdown radius isnt that big - no matter what attack you use - whether you hit or not - you're easily stuck in a 1-2s animation which is a gigantic drawback.

With the risk of derailing this thread towards other weapons I want to answer here because it's somehow the same argument like before.

Fragor's damage is justified by its extremely low attack speed. Have you ever played with it? 1. It's hard to hit a direct contact slam attack. 2. The knockdown radius isnt that big - no matter what attack you use - whether you hit or not - you're easily stuck in a 1-2s animation which is a gigantic drawback.

>_> of course I've used it. That's how I was able to say what I was.

I wasn't calling for a nerf, I was trying to point out that kogake isn't the only weapon that has so much potential to stun-lock.