Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee For Mobility?

Hey guys, 

I know there have been several threads like this, but most of them focus on getting REALLY FAR with horizontal coptering. 

So far that it ends up being annoying and detrimental in 95% of tilesets. I actually prefer a Dakra P or Kronen over a Tipedo, which just launches me into walls. 

In your opinion, whats the best melee or your go to melee for general mobility? And, although I'm not sure if it exists, is there a weapon that has moderate horizontal coptering with good air-melee? Like, it has the Tipedos air-melee but a lower horizontal copter? 

Edit: So not the Tipedo. Please don't say the Tipedo =P. 

Edited by Withtheweebrice

Try Tonbo or Orthos Prime, their horizontal copter is almost on par with Tippy, although Tipedo has amazing Vertical Air-melee, and Top Quality Horicopter(Horizontal Coptering)

the Boltace is just like Kronen though, if you just squint your eyes you'll see that it's like Kronen.

or maybe try the Glaive Prime, it's straight-up Melee isn't that high(somewhere between 10m-14m) unlike Tippy or Orthos P. but i guess decent enough Horicopter.

I always pick Tonbo over Tipedo, because Tipedo's horizontal copter is beyond player's control. Tonbo's horizontal copter is more managable.

How is the air Melee? I think I'll restate my question in my main post since it was kinda confusing, but is there any melee weapon with the Tipedos air-melee but without the horizontal copter? 

How is the air Melee? I think I'll restate my question in my main post since it was kinda confusing, but is there any melee weapon with the Tipedos air-melee but without the horizontal copter? 

All melee classes have their own fixed distance of vertical copter/air melee. Therefore, a 1.5 attack speed Tipedo will have the same air melee momentum as 1.1 attack speed Bo.

All melee classes have their own fixed distance of vertical copter/air melee. Therefore, a 1.5 attack speed Tipedo will have the same air melee momentum as 1.1 attack speed Bo.

I was completely unaware of this. Thank you so much! 

Would you happen to know which classes have the best to worst air melee? :x

Scoliac, PSkana, Tonbo, Serro, Amphis.

I don't see insane horizontal coptering distance as an issue. You can always use more controllable air melee for precise movements and coptering for open areas.

Dual Ichor, anyone ?

I also find Kogake and Claws coptering/arial melee quite satisfying, and smooth.

Dual Ichor. Yes, I approve.

I am not sure about the Kogake though. I like the animations too much, but I am not sure on the distance they can cover. Regardless flying kicks and tumbles are good-looking enough.

I am not sure about the Kogake though. I like the animations too much, but I am not sure on the distance they can cover. Regardless flying kicks and tumbles are good-looking enough.

Obex air-kicks are Tipedo-tier for movement.

The Tipedo...It has insane coptering and insane aerial melee. I'm confused that you find it uncontrollable as even with max berserker stacks I've never had a problem. Are you perhaps not taking into account that it's coptering is insane and therefore trying to copter across small distances, leaving you stuck against a wall?

If for some reason you are unable to make this work then Bo Prime/Bo it's just a slightly toned down version of the Tipedo.

PS - I am still super confused, like I want to watch a video of you playing and figure out how you can possibly be having issues.