The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Daiky Until It No Longer One Shots Squisher Frames

-InV-igo95862

So what about paris prime? is it still good?

The MK-1 Paris FAR outclasses it due to how quick you can fire a fully charge round, this is especially true if you use a frost, volt or oberon with it...

I'd say it depends on who you're up against. MK1 is the better all-around choice while Paris Prime is better against squishy Warframes and outside of duels. It deals 100 + 99 damage against an Excalibur on a charged shot. If your opponent has only been nicked once, he's dead. Also, Nyx/Nyx P. dies instantly.

The worst bow out of the three is the Paris.

Edited by Kontrollo

I already played against you. Despite you spamming 4 with black energy I still managed to make it draw.

Ha lol, despite me spamming 4? I beat you fair an' square with daikyu and oberon even when you were spamming slash dash in a 2 v me. 

So my challenge still stands, 1 v 1 with daikyu only.  

Ha lol, despite me spamming 4? I beat you fair an' square with daikyu and oberon even when you were spamming slash dash in a 2 v me.
So my challenge still stands, 1 v 1 with daikyu only.

V_V I want to watch.... Edited by Nighttide77

I agree... a fully Charged shot with the Paris would have one shotted him as well... hence he is only further proving the point of everyone who's against the Daikyu nerf...

someone tried to invalidate him saying that he was just killing immobile noobs, you said that it wasnt that easy to hit with the daikyu, he brings a gif wheres hes hitting a mobile player that you mentioned as a valid example of a good one, as he can hit him, he is supposedly validating everything said before about daikyu with that since his opinion should have more value because he can hit the good player

im afraid that this is what people brings to the forum when their opinion is invalidated because of "pro" or "noob", every opinion has value according to his argument, not according to the skill of the person, he could have been the best bow user on the world, and hitting any one with an arrow proves nothing in the end

Edited by rockscl

someone tried to invalidate him saying that he was just killing immobile noobs, you said that it wasnt that easy to hit with the daikyu, he brings a gif wheres hes hitting a mobile player that you mentioned as a valid example of a good one, as he can hit him, he is supposedly validating everything said before about daikyu with that since his opinion should have more value because he can hit the good player

im afraid that this is what people brings to the forum when their opinion is invalidated because of "pro" or "noob", every opinion has value according to his argument, not according to the skill of the person, he could have been the best bow user on the world, and hitting any one with an arrow proves nothing in the end

just 1 hit means nothing actually and he wasnt rly mobile he was standing still and aiming. i would have like to see the result of the match rather if both join in at same time.

in the end no matter how good u are u can still be an ignorant idiot making false statements on the forum i agree on that one. however at stuff like "this is OP nerf this or this is to weak buff this" u rly gotta prove ur point in showing off to other ppl how good it is. if i would tell something needs a nerf i would be rdy to take a fight in the conclave against anybody who want me to prove my point. or show statistic that proves it ( and i dont mean ur KD i couldnt care less about it -.- ). i think thats fair.

Shotguns have the obvious weakpoints of not only pellet spread, but dropoff as well.   

Bows have the downside of travel time and drop, but they don't matter in close quarters. Between latency and directional momentum you simply can't always avoid running towards or away from a player in a relatively straight line, and all they have to do is potentially hit you *once* unless you are one of the 4 tankier frames.     

The maps are rather small and enclosed, you often simply can't fight people at range, and considering someone with a bow can still hit you from a distance and instagib you (Again, as opposed to shotguns which have obvious limitations) it's pretty obvious that bows need to be adjusted.    

-----------   

I think the arbitrary changes like charge time, any form of delay or straight damage nerf isn't really getting to the core of the issue: Bows being used at any range under any situation to instantly kill someone. If bows are snipers, they need to have limitations like snipers. Considering you have perfect hipfire accuracy and no scope limiting their FoV, you need to take other measures to limit their CQC potential.    

As others have suggested, I think inverse dropoff works best. The further the arrow travels the more damage it does until it reaches max potential at 15 meters or so. This combined with the obvious drawback of less energy on an uncharged "Snap shot" would make them less effective in short range where they are currently dominating. 

Shotguns have the obvious weakpoints of not only pellet spread, but dropoff as well.   

Bows have the downside of travel time and drop, but they don't matter in close quarters. Between latency and directional momentum you simply can't always avoid running towards or away from a player in a relatively straight line, and all they have to do is potentially hit you *once* unless you are one of the 4 tankier frames.     

The maps are rather small and enclosed, you often simply can't fight people at range, and considering someone with a bow can still hit you from a distance and instagib you (Again, as opposed to shotguns which have obvious limitations) it's pretty obvious that bows need to be adjusted.    

-----------   

I think the arbitrary changes like charge time, any form of delay or straight damage nerf isn't really getting to the core of the issue: Bows being used at any range under any situation to instantly kill someone. If bows are snipers, they need to have limitations like snipers. Considering you have perfect hipfire accuracy and no scope limiting their FoV, you need to take other measures to limit their CQC potential.    

As others have suggested, I think inverse dropoff works best. The further the arrow travels the more damage it does until it reaches max potential at 15 meters or so. This combined with the obvious drawback of less energy on an uncharged "Snap shot" would make them less effective in short range where they are currently dominating. 

So much this! It is the perfect adjustment imo for pvp. The fall off numbers dont even have to be that terrible. Just enough to balance out the perfect accuracy 1 shot shotgun tactic. Of course this mechanic would only be added to pvp and would also leave room to add numerous snipers without horrible balance issues.