Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Time Has Come To Tier Vault Rewards.

Yezzik

But I want to do it in a different manner to the suggestions I've seen previously--I want the tier to be dependent on what key opens the vault.

Bleeding and Decaying would be the lowest tier(s), obviously, because taking Rhino solves both those issues. The thrice-damned Hobbled key would probably be the highest tier.

I dislike this idea, and I'll actually explain my reasoning. 

Each key can be made irrelevant by a frame's abilities, certain mechanics, or simple brute force.

Bleeding and Decaying? Use Rhino, Valkyr or Chroma. Each is naturally tanky, and each has abilities that make them even more tanky.

Hobbled? Volt can give a speed buff, but it makes more sense to copter, aerial-melee (absolutely love doing aerial attacks with staves - so much mobility), and generally do anything but actually walk. The Huras kubrow can keep aggro off of you by cloaking you, so it's probably handy. Or there's Loki with high Efficiency - the speed penalty hurts, but he can be invisible and Switch Teleport with allies (with some communication).

Extinguished? Use Viral weapons. Or brute-force it. Or, of course, bring a Kubrow and a tanky frame - preferably with Pack Leader and as many damage boosts as you can fit on a Glaive and still have room for Power Throw and Quick Return; the Kubrow's not affected. One of my clanmates uses Mesa and just does so much damage that it doesn't matter.

Edit: well, I explained how to work around each of them, but I didn't actually...think to address how this applies to the idea of tiering them based on what opens the doors.

As these are intended to show, there's a workaround for every key, so claiming that one key should be tiered higher doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Yeah, being Hobbled blows, but it's also not difficult to work around - in my clan, I tend to be the guy hauling that one. I hate it, but it's really no more difficult than any other.

Edited by OricSharp

I slide with my tipedo.  What is this huras kubrow method you mention?

A Huras Kubrow with maxed Stalk mod allows you to remain invisible indefinitely so long as there are enemies around and you don't attack. So you can plan your attacks strategically but don't have to worry about being ambushed since the cooldown is short and you just have to stop attacking to go invisible again. You can't really copter with this method, but you can still slide and flip which gets the job done well enough.

As these are intended to show, there's a workaround for every key, so claiming that one key should be tiered higher doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Yeah, being Hobbled blows, but it's also not difficult to work around - in my clan, I tend to be the guy hauling that one. I hate it, but it's really no more difficult than any other.

That^ 

No key is particularly harder to run than any other so there is no sense in putting them in tiers.

I'm curious. Do people disagree with tiering the rewards in general, or just the way I mentioned?

Because I can't imagine many people would disagree with splitting the overloaded reward pool up.

I certainly don't disagree with tiering the reward pools - one of the primary reasons that this game has the grindy reputation it does, in my opinion, is bloated drop tables; some missions, or mission types, have a drop pool nearly twenty items long. Tiering the rewards would split the drop tables, making it easier to 'aim' for something more effectively, as opposed to the current system, and I do think that would be beneficial.

Lately, I've actually been wishing they'd do something about the bloated drop tables game-wide; the worst part of the game, in my opinion, isn't the enemies scaling to ridiculous strengths/defenses, but the fact that, more often than not, the rewards for overcoming these absurdities will be trash. I don't want to do twenty waves of Derelict Defense for a T2 Key - that's barely worth booting the game up for. If I were the Tenno, I'd go "Nah, nah, I'm just going to stay in bed. Got a little candle, I'm makin' s'mores on it. Don't, uh, don't have a mouth, though, so I've been feeding them to the Kubrow. Is chocolate bad for Kubrows? Meatloaf seems to be enjoying them." and so forth, until whoever was trying to call me up to do twenty waves of Infested Defense hung up in frustration.