The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hostage's Pistol.

MattaBase

Maybe he doesn't have any ammunition... But I agree, I would like to ry that gun out myself too.

Also, completely unrelated: If you play as Vauban you can coat the hostage with Teslas, then he will become a walking sentrygun of doom :P

That's the limited edition Lex Vandal, it was given out in a 6 hour window with no announcement to select few clans that were deemed to have been the oldest ones founded. It's amazing, has 4 polarity slots and vastly improved fire rate, damage, accuracy, and when a player holds it an incredibly beautifully coloured skin designed by Luc Besson, director and writer of The Fifth Element.

It's gorgeous, and the offer is over now. Sorry.

Just kidding lol. It's actually designed by John Paul Gautier.

They locked him up, but they gave him a pistol? Best prison ever.

Prison Guard:

"Well, well, not so high and mighty now are you? Where's your ninjapowers now, huh? Where are those famous Warframes that always comes around to save you? You know it's almost time for my shift to end. Pretty soon, my colleague will be here to pester you, and you'll be stuck in this rathole listening to his taunts as well, waiting for your inevitable execution. That's right. You're going to die in here! You hear me? You're going to die in here! ... Oh and here's a souvenir." *hands a pistol over*

I think that Hostage has been in that cell waiting for rescue for the last millenium. That pistol looks pre-historic for a game such as Warframe and since he doesnt shoot it, maybe he could at least hit with it or throw it at some mob on the way back to the Extraction Point.

I love that gun, and I'd love it more if that hostage would USE that gun. Bloody worthless hostage sucks cause it dies a lot an get's stuck every so often. It's so annoying.

If the hostage used the gun then he/she would aggro enemies and would get killed and die and you'd fail the mission. I'd rather they leave the hostage alone and work on pathfinding. I hate it when they get stuck under stairs.

Maybe he doesn't have any ammunition... But I agree, I would like to ry that gun out myself too.

Also, completely unrelated: If you play as Vauban you can coat the hostage with Teslas, then he will become a walking sentrygun of doom :P

I do believe the hostage use to shoot before the Glaive update.

The gun is there because if the hostage wasn't holding a gun of some sort, the enemy wouldn't shoot them. The gun doesn't actually exist in the game reality, but it has to be there because of how the Evolution Engine works right now.

If you look closely at the back end of the cryopod, there is an identical pistol hiding under it. If you Teleport inside of a reactor and look around hard enough, you will probably find another gun in there. It's the same issue. If there was no gun hardpoint on the object, NPCs would not be able to recognize it as a target. DE simply haven't found the time or the fucks given to make an invisible gun to put there.

The pistol itself is just a re-used Dark Sector asset.

Edited by Ion_Sig