Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Able To Decline Gifts? Please?

Rexian

Basically I'd like to be able to decline gifts in the game, As much as I like the ability to share the love and give someone something extra for platinum. I'd also like to be able to say no to a gift. I've pretty much everything I want in the game in the way of cosmetics and weapons, It feels like a waste if people send me a gift so I'd like to be able to say no and maybe even be able to leave a reason like "I'd appriciate if you gave it to someone else".

Might seem rude to turn down a gift, but this is a game after all. When there's real money put into it, then I really don't want to accept it. Not even if it's a gift intended for me being generous to someone and they want to give something back. I can earn my own bread so to speak and I'd rather share than hoard in this regard.

(Also could we please get so we're able to turn of "intantly open inbox if you've a message"? I've this gift that I'll never ever accept and being put into inbox all the time after missions starts to irritate me more than hearing Nef Anyo in the relays during the false profit event).

Edited by Rexian

When I saw the thread title I thought it was an odd request but then I saw your name and immediately thought, yeah.  You must get a lot of gifts with the amount of time you spend helping people.  Gifts you really don't need from people who could do with buying themselves something instead!

I would tend to agree, you should have the ability to decline a gift. 

However, from real life experience, sometimes you just have to be gracious and left them do something to repay you so they don't feel like they owe you anything. Sometimes you have to accept it for them, not for yourself.

Edited by weezedog

Sometimes you have to accept it for them, not for yourself.

Of couse will there be those moments, but being unable to not see what you got before accepting as well adds to the unsure of if it's a good idea. For example I could accept a catalyst/reactor since it's a minor thing, but what if it's a bundle? I'd feel quite bad over that amount just getting added into a arsenal that rarely gets used.

When I saw the thread title I thought it was an odd request but then I saw your name and immediately thought, yeah.  You must get a lot of gifts with the amount of time you spend helping people.  Gifts you really don't need from people who could do with buying themselves something instead!

I'm actually glad over the little gifts I get. Everytime people tell me I should have something for it I try and turn the offer down or redirect it to someone who needs it. That could be a feature as well actually, if someone gifts you something they don't have you should be able to go "You should have it instead!:)".

Huh? I don't recognize his name at all. :/ What's this about.

Edited by Ironlixivium

I'll support this. There's several reasons why you would not want to accept gifts from other players, especially in a game where doing so implies cash-equivalent is being spent on you. Seems like an easy enough thing to add.

Huh? I don't recognize his name at all. :/ What's this about.

Pretty much any time I go to the Mercury relay Rexian is there just hanging out, answering questions and helping newer players.  I've even once seen someone claim Rexian is a bot because they're there so often helping people.

I've even once seen someone claim Rexian is a bot because they're there so often helping people.

Wow, that is truly high praise. Good job, Rexian!

Back on topic - IIRC, I was charged plat when I sent the gift (in my case some clan emblems to a couple of new members) not when they received it. I'm assuming this request includes the "refund the player's plat when refused" because you probably should accept it if it will just go to waste anyway. Perhaps an account option - "Do not allow gifts" instead.

As for your comment about leaving a reason - that should be easy enough to implement in the Comms menu. When you hit the "return gift" option, the UI could pop up a text box where you put your reason, then you hit "Send message".

If I remember correctly Pt gets refunded after a period of time if the gift isn't claimed.  However, the auto opening inbox and the lack of prior knowledge of what the gift will be mean that'll only happen if the person quits Warframe for long enough.

Back on topic - IIRC, I was charged plat when I sent the gift (in my case some clan emblems to a couple of new members) not when they received it. I'm assuming this request includes the "refund the player's plat when refused" because you probably should accept it if it will just go to waste anyway. Perhaps an account option - "Do not allow gifts" instead.

From what I recall you only get charged the plat when/if the gift is accepted. At least that's how it've been when I gifted a few things to people.

Or I've missed something in the patch notes?

From what I recall you only get charged the plat when/if the gift is accepted. At least that's how it've been when I gifted a few things to people.

Or I've missed something in the patch notes?

Well, I could be misremembering (it does happen in my old age) or it could be the difference in our platforms. I had just gotten my plat from Prestige Pack 1, so it is possible I miscalculated how much I had/should have.

Regardless, still a +1 from me, no matter when the plat is removed as long as you get it back.