Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Is Boring (Make Her Epic) ~ Just The Ult

Doughalo2

All that mesa needs changed in her ultimate, it to REDUCE the range, and allow us to run as normal...

Running up a wall autolocking onto enemies, jumping diving, rolling EVERYTHING, while she shoots the poop out of the enemies.

It would be and look so epic to run around in this mode, and she would still be vulnerable. 

For all u draco farmers, even with reduced range in sure all u need to do it run closer up and down, that would just mean more participation in the game... all g bru

Imo, her ult should be completely reworked. It should matter where you aim, but should adjust your aim slightly if you're a little off, similar to volt's shock. Also, your regulators should inherit traits from your primary. Similar damage and rof/trigger type, etc. And they should have infinite range. Her current ultimate allows brainless gameplay, scales like crap, has no innate damage resistance (probably due to it being op if stacked with chatter shield) and promotes standing still until the afk timer takes your reward. It just has too many issues.

Mesa's ult as it stands currently, minus the music of course.

Actually I think I find this more entertaining than playing as Mesa.

LOL This IS more entertaining than mesa's current ult. Reminds me, though, there's one firing position that's really weird with her ult, where she's leaning back like she's trying to dip her imaginary hair into water to wash or something while her arms are in opposite directions. it seemed really out of place to me, and unfortunately I can't find it; it's a very rare angle. 

one thing i can say Press 4 for win = Mesa 

rework this frame i don't see any ninja on this frame this is not borderlands !

I know you going to hate me but mesa Ultimate is booring and so bad ! 

Whoa, hey! Borderlands is offended, at least stuff has to be on your screen in that to die...

Yea, it's the most boring thing ever and it wreaks any possibility of team play.

Add this to the list of reasons why mesa's ult should be reworked. Honestly it's not even that good of an ult.

Edited by Ironlixivium

Just no!

Mesa is really good as she is. there is no need for a change. 

Just need to buff team work!

That's the problem. Her ultimate destroys the concept of true teamwork, unless her team includes a Mag. I don't think people want to break Mesa when they ask for Peacemaker to be changed. They want the ability to be good. They just don't want her ability turning her into a turret that you just hold a mousebutton down. They want it more interactive. That way the ability would be fun instead of boring.

That's the problem. Her ultimate destroys the concept of true teamwork, unless her team includes a Mag. I don't think people want to break Mesa when they ask for Peacemaker to be changed. They want the ability to be good. They just don't want her ability turning her into a turret that you just hold a mousebutton down. They want it more interactive. That way the ability would be fun instead of boring.

Her Ult destroys team work? that is like saying All AOE Ult Warframes destroy team work. 

Mesa is just good at sustained ulting when modded to with the right team (GMag), but remember there is WF abilities that target all/Most enemies within an area compared to Mesa's random one at a time whilst stood still. 

Mesa's ult as it stands currently, minus the music of course.

-snip-

Actually I think I find this more entertaining than playing as Mesa.

Actual Gameplay Footage of the current Warfarm Meta. Including the music. 

Slightly more On-Topic: As balanced as Mesa may be, you have to admit that the reason people use her to farm is not because she is balanced, but because she has that one skill that makes her extremely efficient at bypassing regular gameplay (regular gameplay being running, shooting enemies, dodging, etc.). For someone who is looking for rewards and not gameplay, she is an invaluable asset.  

However, for those who wish to use her in regular gameplay her 4th skill is game-breaking for the reason that it is one of the few ultimates which does not promote regular gameplay in any way. In a game that is full of gunplay, Mesa is a gun that does not require aiming; the fact that she cannot move while in Peacemaker mode is hardly a good measure of balance when you can switch it on and off again at will with the right builds and team setups.