Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do About Thieves

(XBOX)EnderTacoSalad

Question

If you have any screencaps of the incident, send them along with a detailed report of the encounter in a support ticket to the support desk.

If you don't have screencaps, send your detailed report and hope that is enough.

Don't ever resort to naming and shaming (posting the incident publicly on the forums with the other person's username), as it is against the forum rules.

This is becoming horribly common to hear about on ps4. One of the more common things on ps4 is agree on price, buyer puts plat up, and then sends random message to seller, while seller is replying to message, buyer changes amount of plat, hits offer and accept in hopes seller doesn't notice. People have tried it on me, and I call them the POS scum that they are and to GTFO of my dojo, and put them on the block list.  

That's why there's the offer and accept stages. Simply don't accept until they have put in the agreed price AND hit accept first. If someone doesn't want to hit accept first, do business with someone else. Don't be in a hurry! In the end, you are responsible for making sure the deal goes right. 

After seeing things like this, I wish we could have a rep system in game and in the forums. Like in steam, it warns you when trading if that person has been reported (maybe repeatedly) for trying to scam.

People would abuse the crap out of that. Everyone that didn't get a price they thought would be acceptable, they would then report you as being a scammer out of spite. 

So i essentually just got ripped off while tradeing and am obvisly a lil heated but i need to know the proper way to handel this matter and that justice would be had.

Under communication, go to friends->recent players.  From that list you can see people you've recently grouped with, find the name of the player who scammed you, and select them and choose the report option. This is how you can report players in game.  You can, and should, also file a support ticket here to try to get your stuff back: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/178-player-support-desk/

In the future, always take a breath and look over everything to ensure it is what you agreed upon/want before you click on the final accept, there are checks and balances against scams, but only if you are diligent and not rushed.  Never let a trader rush you, and never believe it when they say things like "it's just a bug or lag that makes the trade look different than agreed upon."

Edited by Gelkor

never hit "accept" until the other person does. N-E-V-E-R

Technically, trades will never happen if everyone follows this.

As for the cheat, like they say, support ticket. Trades can be difficult because of this sort of thing. Just be cautious really.

Under communication, go to friends->recent players.  From that list you can see people you've recently grouped with, find the name of the player who scammed you, and select them and choose the report option. This is how you can report players in game.  You can, and should, also file a support ticket here to try to get your stuff back: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/178-player-support-desk/

In the future, always take a breath and look over everything to ensure it is what you agreed upon/want before you click on the final accept, there are checks and balances against scams, but only if you are diligent and not rushed.  Never let a trader rush you, and never believe it when they say things like "it's just a bug or lag that makes the trade look different than agreed upon."

Thank you and everyone else you guys are amazing. (>^.^)>

So yet I again I meet another, another one of them guys, yeah you all know the type I'm talking about!

So I just went to sell a syndicate weapon for 40 platinum, not that I need it but, that's beside the point.

Agreed a price, went to the buyers Dojo where he/she/it, tried the old switch the plat trick, to a non agreed amount. (4 platinum)

So I screen shotted the conversation & the 4 platinum offer, (the switched amount, from 40)

and the part where I was accused of being a Fed, lol.

I informed the offender/culprit/**beep**, that he had tried this with the wrong person. 

Because,

A. I think its my responsibility to nip this one in the bud,

before they're allowed to continue to force this **** down the throats, of the majority of the legit or NEW players, 

who are merely trying to improve their gaming / Warframe experience by purchasing a much needed mod, weapon or frame.

B. It is becoming all too common sadly, I've been around Warframe since PS4 launch, and the way things are with these scumbags (sorry for negativity) are getting away with, or being allowed to continue to do this, is downright shameful for the game and it's majority of great Community & players.

TLDR.

Sick of trading as it stands and some of the people that lurk there, getting away with robbing our future veterans of the game, and seemingly getting away with it.

What does this teach?

This is right & the way forward? NO IT NEEDS TO STOP.

Thanks if you read through, enjoy the rest of your day.

Just make sure you check every single time it asks you to. I take a moment at every stage to pause and check everything in the trade each and every time.

I commend you on your awareness, unfortunately others are not so lucky, a quick glance around the forums and you will come across others who are also victims, in some way.

I didn't accept the trade, because like you I'm quite aware & careful when trading, especially Kubrow prints.