Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Corrupt Mod

Ironlixivium

No I mean the mod in general on any frame for a melee built frame would be great

Oh, yeah, lol, that's the point.

Also look at a shield called the Rough Rider in Borderlands 2, it has no shield capacity, but a huge amount of armor, and the way this mod works it shouldn't be OP based on scaling

ooh, yeah, you're right, I forgot about that shield, lol

Here's what I have to say on the matter

"NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE."

I have no idea why you hate the idea so much, but I thought I'd just say:

This looks like open when I read it from left to right and nope when I read it from right to left o_o

I'm not too clear on how exactly damage reduction and the formula works. For my Nyx Prime it'd be (650 - 50) / 2 = 300.

Could someone explain this to me? ;_;

Yeah, 300 would be the constant, or the amount added per rank. So if you put the mod on unranked, it would add 300, rank 1 600 etc to rank 4 with 1500

I have no idea why you hate the idea so much, but I thought I'd just say:

This looks like open when I read it from left to right and nope when I read it from right to left o_o

Yeah, 300 would be the constant, or the amount added per rank. So if you put the mod on unranked, it would add 300, rank 1 600 etc to rank 4 with 1500

...woah. So... woah.

First off:  We need a mod  that gives a linear armor bonus, so I support this.  If you look at the effect this would have on valkyr against what it'd have on Rhimo or Banshee, I don't think we need to worry about Valkyr getting a bit more, given how armor scaling works.

Yep :D but at the same time, you have no shields :/ so you're trading shields for damage resistance.

Oh I see it now. I didn't read the part that said "where K is the amount given per rank."

My bad ^^

Flat increase, not percent? I think that will be tough to balance, +700 armor to a volt is a beast. All squish frames can now be tough than valkyr with one simple mod.

Other option: R5

Armor +20%

Shields -10%

Max

Armor +120%

Shields -60%

This would give valkyr a 125 armor boost at max rank (pitiful) and frames like trin a 1587 boost at max rank.

(650-x)/2. 650-15 is 635, 635/2 is 317.5 per rank. 1587 max, that is an increase of 10,583% on her armor. A bit excessive I'd say.

That shows how horrid the formula is that would make Trin and weak armored frames tougher than other tank frames. Now your squish nuker or healer can tank as well, bye bye valkyr.

Edited by Lightsmith

Everyone in this thread is focusing on balancing the mod have a noticeable effect on Valkyr, while failing to understand that the relationship between a relative and an absolute buff means that a flat gain will always have a lesser effect on the already well-armoured frames, and a very significant gain on the others. In short, if it is 'good on Valkyr', then it will be extremely overpowered on anything else.

For mods which give a +% increase, they need to be balanced for upper tier statted frames, so Valkyr's 600 for armour, Mag's 150 shields, etc.

For mods which give a flat increase, they need to be balanced for the mid tier statted frames, so Frost's 190 armour, and Excalibur's 100 shields.

Going by this, a mod giving a flat increase in armour should give +200 at max rank. Since it is a corrupted mod with a downside, that can be doubled to +400 to give us a fair value.

And again, I would strongly suggest not giving it "0x shields", but "-200% shields" (% buffs scale off the unranked frame's stats, even when negative), allowing players the option of counteracting the downside of the mod.

Overall, I would suggest a 10-rank corrupted mod, allowing greater freedom of stat manipulation:

Rank 0: +40 armour, -20% shields

Rank 10: +440 armour, -220% shields

Edited by Kthal

Everyone in this thread is focusing on balancing the mod have a noticeable effect on Valkyr, while failing to understand that the relationship between a relative and an absolute buff means that a flat gain will always have a lesser effect on the already well-armoured frames, and a very significant gain on the others. In short, if it is 'good on Valkyr', then it will be extremely overpowered on anything else.

For mods which give a +% increase, they need to be balanced for upper tier statted frames, so Valkyr's 600 for armour, Mag's 150 shields, etc.

For mods which give a flat increase, they need to be balanced for the mid tier statted frames, so Frost's 190 armour, and Excalibur's 100 shields.

Going by this, a mod giving a flat increase in armour should give +200 at max rank. Since it is a corrupted mod with a downside, that can be doubled to +400 to give us a fair value.

And again, I would strongly suggest not giving it "0x shields", but "-200% shields" (% buffs scale off the unranked frame's stats, even when negative), allowing players the option of counteracting the downside of the mod.

Overall, I would suggest a 10-rank corrupted mod, allowing greater freedom of stat manipulation:

Rank 0: +40 armour, -20% shields

Rank 10: +440 armour, -220% shields

-220%?

I'm against flat gains for balancing issues, it would make squish frames too beefy. Plus if you do a flat increase why not a flat decrease. So +440 armor -440 shields.

Edited by Lightsmith

-220%?

I'm against flat gains for balancing issues, it would make squish frames too beefy. Plus if you do a flat increase why not a flat decrease. So +440 armor -440 shields.

Because we have frames with 450 shields at max rank. If it's a flat 100% decrease, that means you lose 450 shields (or at least that's how I thought it would be when I got the idea) but with 440 you still have 10 shields when you should be shieldless.

Because we have frames with 450 shields at max rank. If it's a flat 100% decrease, that means you lose 450 shields (or at least that's how I thought it would be when I got the idea) but with 440 you still have 10 shields when you should be shieldless.

Very broadly speaking, +400 armour would equate on the mid value frames to around +200%, and -200% shields equates to around -400 shields, which is almost all on a max rank frame (thank you very much strange scaling), so is effectively -100%.

+200% with -100%, it's a reasonable balance.

It's very approximate, and the balancing would vary frame to frame, but the values I have given sit in the sweet zone in terms of balance for all (currently existing) frames.