Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So My Computer Got A Notification Saying I Can Upgrade To Windows 10.

JaysInc

Something about Microsoft trying to stay in the game so they give out free stuff to people who already bought windows because why not it improves their image and also it makes you feel fuzzy like a bear that ate cotton candy from the stomach of a 7 year old child.

Oh well, FREEE SHIIIET

Something about Microsoft trying to stay in the game so they give out free stuff to people who already bought windows because why not it improves their image and also it makes you feel fuzzy like a bear that ate cotton candy from the stomach of a 7 year old child.

Oh well, FREEE SHIIIET

Not really, micro$oft, cut features from the "free" version of windows 10 to sell back, basic functions like DVD playback. and it's a one time only upgrade, so if you ever have to reinstall for whatever reason you gotta pay for it.

Don't bother with the autoupgrade icon

It reserves it so that it upgrades automatically when it comes out, just wait, and upgrade to it when you wish to, not when 7 million users will be clogging the servers.

I'll probly buy the better version once I get to see how good the OS actually performs upon release. The amount of cut features from the lower tier versions are pretty bad.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 and all the other updates installed.

I found this: "Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1"

Unless you have enterprise, you should have a little windows icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen, on 8.1 it's on the right hand side, not sure about 7.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Yeah I dunno. I've fully updated, I've enabled Windows Update (normally keep it turned off, I set it to notify me but don't download or install anything) and I'm running a 100% legal copy of Windows 7.

My buddy had the icon appear for him after he downloaded IE11 but I've already done that. So I've pretty much run out of ideas unless there is some obscure Windows setting most people don't disable that I have.

Yeah I dunno. I've fully updated, I've enabled Windows Update (normally keep it turned off, I set it to notify me but don't download or install anything) and I'm running a 100% legal copy of Windows 7.

My buddy had the icon appear for him after he downloaded IE11 but I've already done that. So I've pretty much run out of ideas unless there is some obscure Windows setting most people don't disable that I have.

Could be just late. My one popped up a week after everyone elses.

Well I tracked down the update that supposedly handles the Windows 10 reserve, KB3035583 and uninstalled it. Restarted reinstalled it then left my computer on all night cause Steam had some games to update.

I woke up this morning and there is the icon, go figure.