Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dash Attack Movement "abuse"

PapaKicks

Why shouldn't some maneuvers, that you can train, make you faster?

So I would prever to keep skill based movement speed in the game, especially if combat is affected by a fixing the movement.

Macros are allowed so there is no skill to spamming it.

There is no fun (ie kills the reason to play the game) in running behind someone who kills eveything before you get a chance to get in range to shoot.

Macros are allowed so there is no skill to spamming it.

There is no fun (ie kills the reason to play the game) in running behind someone who kills eveything before you get a chance to get in range to shoot.

Actually, the developers have stated that the do not approve of macros, and this was one of the key deciding points when they removed wave dashing.

Something is useful ...quick get rid of it.

This is Warframes biggest problem...fun bad...fun bad

When every warframe and weapon are exacltly the same and there is nothing cool left these same people will be posting..."you know what this game needs,a cool way to slide fast". Lol

Something is useful ...quick get rid of it.

This is Warframes biggest problem...fun bad...fun bad

When every warframe and weapon are exacltly the same and there is nothing cool left these same people will be posting..."you know what this game needs,a cool way to slide fast". Lol

Dual Zoren helicoptering is one of the most fun things about this game.

"WHAT'S THAT? SOMETHING IS FUN? QUICK, REMOVE IT!"

Put simply you shouldn't be able to move long distances faster than sprinting (in straight horizontal line.) Movement manovers are for when the shortest path comes to be quicker than the sprint path.

Actually, the developers have stated that the do not approve of macros, and this was one of the key deciding points when they removed wave dashing.

They also will not ban for using them so need to make it so online games do not give ridiculous advantages when using one.

No, they do not approve of mechanics that encourage macros for increased efficiency.

Steve has said that they're fine with macros, since they accept that there are people that may need them to play this game (with various illnesses/disabilities).

No, they do not approve of mechanics that encourage macros for increased efficiency.

Steve has said that they're fine with macros, since they accept that there are people that may need them to play this game (with various illnesses/disabilities).

Quoted for truth, this is more clear than the way I said it.

What you enjoy about this game is spamming a sequence of keys to move faster? Man am I playing this game wrong, I had no idea.

If it doesnt affect you...and others enjoy it...It just makes someone sound like a hater when they cry for a nerf.

In all honestly, I thought Rhino infinite IS was kinda op but who cares because they were having fun with thier toy and it wasnt breaking my experience with the game.

Why does the Warframe community have to hate on anyone else every time they see them having the tiniest bit of fun.

If it doesnt affect you...and others enjoy it...It just makes someone sound like a hater when they cry for a nerf.

In all honestly, I thought Rhino infinite IS was kinda op but who cares because they were having fun with thier toy and it wasnt breaking my experience with the game.

Why does the Warframe community have to hate on anyone else every time they see them having the tiniest bit of fun.

Making judicious use of a glitch to move around faster is not skilled or good gameplay.  You are using a bug.  It doesn't matter if it doesn't affect anothers gameplay (which it does when people use it to rush ahead of other players). 

People defending this are ridiculous.  You're essentially saying "It's ok to glitch the game and gain an advantage through using a bug."  No, it's not.

Edit:  I would also like to add, when a developer removes a glitch or a bug, it is not a nerf!  That's bug fixing, and that's what a developer should do.

Also, comparing this to Iron Skin is ridiculous.  Iron Skin was overpowered, sure, but it was not a glitch.

Edited by Mediave

Keep it. It's fun, and it is by no means required. Nothing wrong with a good exploit that AFFECTS NO-ONE.

And after you do it from a jump-slide, your legs look crazy. Try it. He runs about three times as fast when he hits the ground.

The current movement standards in the game are pitiful IMO. Sprinting and wall running and all that are so clunky in their execution and boring in usability as is that the skating isn't such a bad option in my eyes. Hell, most melee options aren't even that fun to me, be it because the weapons suck or because it's equatable to simple button mashing.

Is it bad that there's an exploit in the game that people are using to subvert the limitations of their frames? Maybe... Should we worry about fixing it? No. There's plenty of other things far more important to worry about adding or changing than whether or not you can/cannot roflcopter spin across the room as a Rhino. Why not fix wall running to be less of an obstruction to sprinting and give me something fun to do with it? Y'know, besides missing every enemy on the field with the wall run melee attack cause it aims so bad...

I'd rather get a speed artifact added. Which gives + to ALL speeds ("regular" and sprinting)

I would advocate this. 

I'd also advocate the removal of dagger skating, seeing as the devs clearly don't want wave dashing in the game.  The speed that you can attain by doing that is kinda nuts and it doesn't exactly help the rushing issue in pugs.

You can also do this to a lesser extent without the daggers.

Just Sprint, Slide, Sprint, Slide, Sprint, Slide.

My Rhino was able to keep up with a Nyx doing this, except for the few times I mis-timed the slides and the shift presses to make him sprint again.

The fact that this glitch is so heavily defended means that current movement options are inadequate, generally speaking.

If Rhino could effectively close to melee with regular sprinting/sliding you'd have a lot less defense of "dagger skating". But instead of addressing movement in general in a megathread you focus on the symptom, not the disease, and go "NERF THIS!" and fail to do anything which fixes the underlying problem that slow Warframes are extremely slow and frustrating to use in pub games. It's depressing.

The fact that this glitch is so heavily defended means that current movement options are inadequate, generally speaking.

If Rhino could effectively close to melee with regular sprinting/sliding you'd have a lot less defense of "dagger skating". But instead of addressing movement in general in a megathread you focus on the symptom, not the disease, and go "NERF THIS!" and fail to do anything which fixes the underlying problem that slow Warframes are extremely slow and frustrating to use in pub games. It's depressing.

I 100% agree that movement speed needs to be addressed. I've suggested movement speed mods / artifacts etc. But there's nothing wrong with treating a symptom while working on the disease.

I 100% agree that movement speed needs to be addressed. I've suggested movement speed mods / artifacts etc. But there's nothing wrong with treating a symptom while working on the disease.

That's not actually treating the problem. There's this tendency to go 'we need a mod for things'

What needs to be done is, IMO:

1. Base stamina and movement speed needs to be increased by ~25% across the board because having to take years to cross a room is really really lame.

2. Movement speed differences need to be reduced by ~50% to prevent the slow Warframes from falling behind too much. Slowest Warframes (Frost, Rhino) move at 0.9, fastest ones at 1.3. Which would give them pre-change speeds of 1.125 to 1.625

3. Rush needs to cost way the hell less and have fewer upgrade steps, each of which should be more potent. Say, 4 Mod Energy and 7.5% movement speed per level

4. All dash attacks should be executed at the same (relatively fast) speed, but with a significant 'recovery' time after the second attack. Increase dash attack damage across the board (equalizing it so that fast weapons deal about as much damage as slow ones) to make up for the fact that all dash attacks are the same speed now.

That's not actually treating the problem. There's this tendency to go 'we need a mod for things'

I never said just adding mods would fix it. Just examples that I agree there's a larger problem.

Personally I'd prefer all frames have the exact same run speed. I have more ideas but I know they would not be well received.