Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp - Kogake

Anubias

Its Martial Magnetism and Relentless Assault that overpower Kogake. The key to beating most Kogake users is wearing them out and letting them use up their stamina, so the can't spam the dropkick. Directional coptering, maintaining a distance, DODGING, or if you're using melee yourself, blocking/rolling are all essential to beating a low to relatively high experience kogake player(you also can't be knocked down during most melee animations). If you do these and equip knockdown mods, I guarantee the amount of times you are killed by Kogake will plummet, unless the user is very experienced with it. However, i think they should reduce Kogake knockdown to a stagger or introduce knockdown cooldown. As it is, Kogake is overpowered even though it's always been one of my favorite weapons.

Edited by Danfu

You can try to belittle what I said all you want, it doesn't change the fact that using Kogake's knockdowns isn't a foolproof copter-to-win playstyle.

I get it, you're pissed off because someone got the better of you spamming Kogake's copter. Sometimes they get the better of me as well, though I know how to deal with them. It happens. But usually I can kill them just fine without them being able to put much of a dent in me.

Here are two more tips if you want to be on the safe side:

• Use Oberon's Hallowed Ground. Knockdown immunity, increased armour and a high DoT means you can't possibly lose a fight against a Kogake spammer.

• Use a Glaive and throw it in their face before evading the knockdown (you'll have to roll, though, until it is back in your hands). They always come at you in a straight line, it's almost impossible to miss a Glaive throw that way. And the damage is high enough to kill them on their second attempt.

I wouldn't say overpowered, but it's certainly part of the problem.

Or just stick to US matchmaking.  99.999% full melee MM channeling kogake players I've seen are on EU matchmaking .  Kogake has almost entirely been abandoned in the US matchmaking region.  This could account for a disconnect in players' assessment of Kogake.  Full melee kogake can be pretty annoying if you have a team that doesn't know how to deal with it.

Edited by Aggh

Its Martial Magnetism and Relentless Assault that overpower Kogake. The key to beating most Kogake users is wearing them out and letting them use up their stamina, so the can't spam the dropkick. Directional coptering, maintaining a distance, DODGING, or if you're using melee yourself, blocking/rolling are all essential to beating a low to relatively high experience kogake player(you also can't be knocked down during most melee animations). If you do these and equip knockdown mods, I guarantee the amount of times you are killed by Kogake will plummet, unless the user is very experienced with it. However, i think they should reduce Kogake knockdown to a stagger or introduce knockdown cooldown. As it is, Kogake is overpowered even though it's always been one of my favorite weapons.

The easiest way, to fix kogake, is to fix this mod:

SureFootedModU145.png

It doesn't work anymore (it worked in the beginning of conclave, but it became useless after u16.6 or something like that).

Edited by Feyangol

SureFootedModU145.png

It doesn't work anymore (it worked in the beginning of conclave, but it became useless after u16.6 or something like that).

^this

If DE plans to keep knockdown and keep CC control mods, then that would be the route.

On a side note...wish my Internet was better so I could play on EU games where kogake spammers might flourish...so I can reap my harvest of spammers ^_^

SureFootedModU145.png

Even if the mod worked it wouldn't help since you are stunned in place when it works. :/

On a side note...wish my Internet was better so I could play on EU games where kogake spammers might flourish...so I can reap my harvest of spammers ^_^

I play with ~150 ping on EU and do well enough.  The problem is less to do with the spammers, and more to do with team mates who get easily killed by them and leave you to deal with 2+ vs 1's all game.

Edited by Aggh

I play with ~150 ping on EU and do well enough.  The problem is less to do with the spammers, and more to do with team mates who get easily killed by them and leave you to deal with 2+ vs 1's all game.

i think i played against you yesterday, you farmed my team mate like 2 - 30, i face palmed in frustration

edit: no kogakes where involved tho

Edited by rockscl

the way you present the situation makes me wonder what have you tried to get rid of a kogake full melee player, can you detail that? what is your answer to a kogake player in the match?

TL:DR: I hate Kogake spammers. They are unbearably frustrating. And boring to fight. Only way to fight em is to spam powers or snipe.

spam powers.

snipe.

Literally thats all you can do. You cant shoot em cuase they come super close to you and knock you down. You cant melee fight em for the same reason.

Running away doesnt deal with the problem... at all. you just get this fuggin leap frog following you. albeit a very annoying leap frog.

The kogake need to be nerfed to the floor or lose there knockdown. Other then the knock down they are fine. If the knockdown was affected by say hand spring and consitution i wouldnt actually mind at all. THat or hand spring. BUT ITS NOT. so they are bullS#&$ and OP. 

I want to grab the feet of the kogake users when they attack me and smash them into wall and ground like this:

Loki is the kogake user btws.

I would actually be fine if they let you do something like that. some kind of context action where you grab them by the legs and smash them to dust.

Or when they do there slide attack they take 600% damage.

I am tired of people spamming knock down becuase they are incapable of any other form of fighting that involves the revolutionary thing called: aiming.

I have more issues with kogake users then ult spamming volts.

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

TL:DR: I hate Kogake spammers. They are unbearably frustrating. And boring to fight. Only way to fight em is to spam powers or snipe.

spam powers.

snipe.

Literally thats all you can do. You cant shoot em cuase they come super close to you and knock you down. You cant melee fight em for the same reason.

Running away doesnt deal with the problem... at all. you just get this fuggin leap frog following you. albeit a very annoying leap frog.

The kogake need to be nerfed to the floor or lose there knockdown. Other then the knock down they are fine. If the knockdown was affected by say hand spring and consitution i wouldnt actually mind at all. THat or hand spring. BUT ITS NOT. so they are bullS#&$ and OP. 

I want to grab the feet of the kogake users when they attack me and smash them into wall and ground like this:

Loki is the kogake user btws.

I would actually be fine if they let you do something like that. some kind of context action where you grab them by the legs and smash them to dust.

Or when they do there slide attack they take 600% damage.

I am tired of people spamming knock down becuase they are incapable of any other form of fighting that involves the revolutionary thing called: aiming.

I have more issues with kogake users then ult spamming volts.

Lol wouldn't the kogake user be the one doing the smashing (fist weapons)? Anyways, all DE need to do is remove or nerf Relentless Assault so players can't spam with kogake drop kick as much. Only good players would be able to effectively use it because they know how to conserve stamina.