Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Prime Gear Acquisition Method.

Aoden

Hello!

With the void going bang soon™ I thought up something that might help DE and us, the players, with loot table dilution. While also keeping things amusing.

What would you say to some/most/all of the Prime frames and weapons being quest rewards. The quests themselves could be XP locked where appropriate (Boltor P for example).

I was thinking maybe while on a mission, you find a tear that leads to the Void and find a trinket inside. When you get back to the Lisett, Lotus pops up and tells Ordis to investigate the trinket. After possibly three hours, Ordis returns exclaiming that it looks to be a relic from the lost Orokin era.

Lotus would then come back and investigate further with her own resources, then mention it being a part of a long lost frame or weapon. Something along the lines of "Tenno, this artifact appears to be a remnant of an original, a Prime. If you can collect more of these remnants, we may be able to replicate the technology."

Then you are sent on a myriad of missions, all guaranteed to reward the remnant you need while also possibly giving bits of lore for the item you're hunting. The mission difficulty could be based on the item's current rarity. Or by it's original acquisition requirements, clan tech, XP locked items, and quest frames/weapopns would be considerably more difficult than something that is dropped by a low level boss.

Since keys will still exist, they could be used to open these tears similar to dragon keys. Use a T4 key and you are more likely to get a rare remnant.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I may need to come back and tinker a bit.

Edited by Aoden

"Dillution" is a smokescreen.

The part you can't get; are all the other parts just as unlikely to drop on that map / rotation? If not then your problem is the unbalanced droprate, not dillution.

Everyone looking for their bo handle or Volt chassis; it doesn't matter whether there are 5 other items dropping on that map or 50, a 1% chance is still 1%.

You misunderstand, duck.

With this method, DE would not have to remove prime drops from the game to make room for new ones. Simply add it to a quest that can be discovered while running missions.

Also it would help with the issue of getting nothing but forma or orokin cells.

Besides, it would be cool to actually feel like you're discovering a lost artifact instead of what we currently have.

Edited by Aoden

To make sure it's as inconvenient as obtaining primes the current way - which it would need to be, to make sure it doesn't effect prime access sales - it would need to be a very, very long quest.  We're talking quest can only advance after a part is built, and 3 day build times per part.

"Dillution" is a smokescreen.

The part you can't get; are all the other parts just as unlikely to drop on that map / rotation? If not then your problem is the unbalanced droprate, not dillution.

Everyone looking for their bo handle or Volt chassis; it doesn't matter whether there are 5 other items dropping on that map or 50, a 1% chance is still 1%.

THIS.

There's nothing "random" at all about the current RNG system.

You misunderstand, duck.

With this method, DE would not have to remove prime drops from the game to make room for new ones. Simply add it to a quest that can be discovered while running missions.

Also it would help with the issue of getting nothing but forma or orokin cells.

Besides, it would be cool to actually feel like you're discovering a lost artifact instead of what we currently have.

Actually OP, I think your idea has definite appeal. I just doubt it would help because table saturation isn't the problem.

My comment is directed entirely at the concepts of dillution and removing old primes to make room for new. They've been presened as explanations for why it's so frustrating to find the last part we need but they've got nothing to do with the problem. It takes forever to find the last part because someone choose to give it a tiny drop chance. If you've run the kubrow quest then you probably remember hitting a wall when you had to farm an egg to advance? Assigning a quest structure to each prime you collect would eliminate the frustration of getting the wrong piece but it won't reduce the grind unless DE chooses to reduce the grind - and they could do that right now but instead of giving parts an equal drop chace they've given us half-truths about an oversaturated drop table.

I'm going to cut myself off here because this is already way more rant-ey than I wanted it to be.